Traveling with another couple - check in time

MomtoCCC

Hello.

I've never sailed Carnival before, going on our first one with our friends in January. I see that Carnival assigns a check-in time for you. How do we ensure that both couples get the same time? Do we need to link our reservations somehow? I would hate for one couple to have to wait a lot longer than the other one to board. We will be sharing ride to port.

Thanks.

Hello.

I've never sailed Carnival before, going on our first one with our friends in January. I see that Carnival assigns a check-in time for you. How do we ensure that both couples get the same time? Do we need to link our reservations somehow? I would hate for one couple to have to wait a lot longer than the other one to board. We will be sharing ride to port.

Thanks.

When you do your online check in, you get to pick from the available time slots. Just coordinate it over the phone when doing the online check in process.

Hello.

Thanks.

I would contact Carnival but don't you need to have your reservations linked to dine together? Our group of four has two adjoined cabins and we linked our reservations so we could dine together.

You do not need to board together....whoever gets there first will go to whatever "meeting place" you've pre-determined and you'll meet up![/quote]

They're sharing a ride to the port.

Then it's whoever gets on the ship first .they don't have to walk hand in hand up on to the ship. They will see each other the whole cruise....

I would contact Carnival but don't you need to have your reservations linked to dine together? Our group of four has two adjoined cabins and we linked our reservations so we could dine together.

If you have YTD you don't. You can eat with anyone you want to, if you wish to eat with another party.

Hello.

Thanks.

You can pick your check in time.

We always forward our booking email to each other. Then, I just add our friends' booking number to mine. I can check all 5 of our bookings to be sure we all have the same dining & check-in times selected.

Make sure that if you do not have YTD and want to dine together, that carnival has your bookings linked in their system. We learned the hard way, I had everyone’s numbers “linked” in my cruise manager but didn’t think to call and get that done thru carnival. Although I could see everything for their bookings, and even make changes, we all had different dining times, and tables. Big mess. We were able to work it out once we boarded and after the first night they were able to put our group to dinner together.

We do YTD now so it’s not an issue. Also, since you are riding together, I would think it would be nice if you could all board together. So if that means someone staying back a bit to board with the other couple or going online and selecting the same time. Same for debark, you want to make sure you are somewhat synchronized, wouldn’t want one party to have to wait for the other to leave the port.

If you have FTTF, no issue either way. I always love traveling with others and we try to coordinate doing some things together, we don’t have to be joined at the hip but it is nice to have some coordination of some events.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For those who question the desire to board together - in our case, we like to get the welcome aboard photo as a souvenir of our trip. Yes, we know there will be many photo ops throughout the week, but we like that first one with the ship & date on it.