Specialty Coffee Bar...

NavyCruiser

Just saw highlight video of our upcoming cruise on the Valor. It has the "Java" specialty coffee bar.

So just curious as to how much better are the coffee at this extra-pay bar vs the reg included coffee onboard?

Just curious, Where did you see the video?

Not worth the extra money for regular brewed coffee. Good selection of specialty coffees. I did not taste a major difference. If you have the Cheers package...feel free to indulge since its included with Cheers

Lots of videos on Youtube, here's one:

We saw Starbucks on Harmony & Allure of the Seas. Many may want to pay extra for Starbucks, but just curious how much better are the coffee beans & taste at the extra-pay coffee bar. Wondering if after we add cream & Splenda, if it's any better.

Yes, Cheers covers specialty coffee, but you still have to pay extra for Cheers. (& it takes away bladder space for alcohol...)

Lots of videos on Youtube, here's one:

We saw Starbucks on Harmony & Allure of the Seas. Many may want to pay extra for Starbucks, but just curious how much better are the coffee beans & taste at the extra-pay coffee bar. Wondering if after we add cream & Splenda, if it's any better.

Yes, Cheers covers specialty coffee, but you still have to pay extra for Cheers. (& it takes away bladder space for alcohol...)

I hear you...but Cheers is a must for us when we cruise....7-8 alcoholic drinks a day is "just average day"...not including coffee/water in between!!

Does Carnival have a coffee card that you can purchase to get the speciality coffees, or you pay as you go, if you dont have the Cheers Packagae

Carnival uses a punch card. Buy 6 coffees and get the 7th free.

I didn't know about this....how do you get this card? No one ever offered it to me..do you just have to ask? On all ships?

Ask?

No idea. I hate coffee, but DH seems to get this card every cruise.

Just saw highlight video of our upcoming cruise on the Valor. It has the "Java" specialty coffee bar.

So just curious as to how much better are the coffee at this extra-pay bar vs the reg included coffee onboard?

My wife is religious about her patronage to this place while on a cruise. For her, this is one of the highlights.

I didn't know about this....how do you get this card? No one ever offered it to me..do you just have to ask? On all ships?

They advised me of it on embarkation when I purchased a drink. I would definitely ask if it isn’t offered to you.

Anyone have the menu?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is from 2016, so I'm not sure if anything's changed, including prices.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Ee4wUuMn1CV685v2

Here are links to menu (without prices) if the first link doesn't work.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2981

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/javablue-cafe

Edited by minnesotamamafish
Added links