QUESTIONS Ironing and Laundry on RCI - Freedom of the Seas

Is there a self service laundry on Freedom of the Seas? I normally like to do some touch up ironing on cruises, and I haven't sailed with RCI in a long time. I called customer service and they told me that irons were in the cabins...... Isn't that a fire hazard on a ship??? I'm thinking surely she misunderstood the question. Are travel steamers allowed or are irons in all cabins? Thanks in advance for your help!

Is there a self service laundry on Freedom of the Seas? I normally like to do some touch up ironing on cruises, and I haven't sailed with RCI in a long time. I called customer service and they told me that irons were in the cabins...... Isn't that a fire hazard on a ship??? I'm thinking surely she misunderstood the question. Are travel steamers allowed or are irons in all cabins? Thanks in advance for your help!

I have NO idea what that person could possibly have been talking about.

Royal Caribbean has never had passenger laundry facilities on board. Irons have always been banned.

Unbelievable! Don't they read from a script? I guess in this case the CSR just assumed there were irons in the cabins and didn't check for sure. Wow.

CC is a much better source of RCI facts than CSR's - just ask Bob/Clarea.....

There are no irons available for anyone on the ship, except the folks in the laundry! That said...MANY years ago, you could bring an iron....but not anymore.

Iron before you pack...folding creases are NOT "wrinkles"!

Wow! Hard to believe customer service would give that response. Noticed OP didn't indicate she called RC - wonder if she called a travel agent's customer service - just a thought.

Anyway, OP, there are no irons or laundry facilities on any RC ship. Irons and steamers are not allowed. You can send items out to be laundered, dry cleaned or just pressed. Many people also recommend Downy wrinkle release or hanging items in the bathroom.

There are no irons or self service laundry facilities on any of Royal Caribbean ships. They do provide laundry service for a fee if you need something pressed or washed.

What I do is iron everything before packing. Of course in transit it will get slightly wrinkled but usually not too bad. I just hang everything as quickly as possible. So if flying in night ahead and staying in hotel, i take all hanging clothes out and hang then repack the next morning. I bring wrinkle release but so far have not needed it. I am usually really careful on not packing clothes that get heavily wrinkled. My husband has hung his dress shirts in the bathroom while showering and the steam usually takes care of most everything.

Yes, I actually called Royal Caribbean direct for a few questions and that was their response.

Wow! Hard to believe customer service would give that response. Noticed OP didn't indicate she called RC - wonder if she called a travel agent's customer service - just a thought.

Anyway, OP, there are no irons or laundry facilities on any RC ship. Irons and steamers are not allowed. You can send items out to be laundered, dry cleaned or just pressed. Many people also recommend Downy wrinkle release or hanging items in the bathroom.

Yes, she must have misunderstood my question..... I even repeated it which is why I posted here.... Maybe she takes customer service calls from multiple sources and got confused

I have NO idea what that person could possibly have been talking about.

Royal Caribbean has never had passenger laundry facilities on board. Irons have always been banned.