Bermuda Excursions

Cruise mama3

If I were to do an excursion booked thru the ship, I'd do it on the last day at port, they are responsible to get you back on time.....otherwise, book off the ship

Hidden Gems would be an exxursion I would consider booking with the ship on the last day.

Which excursion would you recommend? Probably can only afford to do 1. It would be for an 11 year old, myself and Hubby. Thanks:)

A great non-excursion is grabbing a seat on a shared ride van at the dock and going to Horseshoe Bay. Lovely pink sand. The good thing is, unlike the bus, the minivans will take you all the way down the hill to the beach. When you're done, just walk out and grab a return minivan. At the beach, you can probably get away with just an umbrella (no loungers) to protect you from sun burn.

A second great non-excursion, is walking down the dock and grabbing the public ferry to St. George. Walking around a UNESCO site (may cost you an ice cream cone or two).

Bermuda is easy to navigate on your own. Hop on a bus and go to Horseshoe Bay beach or the Crystal Caves. There is also Sea Glass beach, that is great if you like to collect sea glass.

A great non-excursion is grabbing a seat on a shared ride van at the dock and going to Horseshoe Bay. Lovely pink sand. The good thing is, unlike the bus, the minivans will take you all the way down the hill to the beach. When you're done, just walk out and grab a return minivan. At the beach, you can probably get away with just an umbrella (no loungers) to protect you from sun burn.

A second great non-excursion, is walking down the dock and grabbing the public ferry to St. George. Walking around a UNESCO site (may cost you an ice cream cone or two).

NCL offers there own shuttle boat to St. George at no cost to its passengers.

MARAPRINCE

Bermuda is easy to navigate on your own. Hop on a bus and go to Horseshoe Bay beach or the Crystal Caves. There is also Sea Glass beach, that is great if you like to collect sea glass.

You are not supposed to take any sea glass and there is a sign there saying that it is illegal to take any from the beach.

Any thoughts on Snorkle Beach? I think it's the one next to the ship in Bermuda. I heard that the water can be rough.

Its a man-made beach, and if you don't want to miss the ship on the last day that would be close. Its right in the port area. But seriously, Bermuda is known for its pink sand beaches, go and explore!! Use the OBC for fancy coffees and specialty dining.

I've taken it before. Feel free to turn me into the authorities.

Sometimes they have people stationed there to stop the stealing. Also cruise ship security has been known to confiscate sea glass on the gangplank.

Personally when I am in a foreign country I take the advise of the US State Department. I don't break any of local laws in a foreign country. Could get into a world of trouble.

Edited by Charles4515

You are not supposed to take any sea glass and there is a sign there saying that it is illegal to take any from the beach.

There were no signs posted when I was there years ago. Most people don't even know how to get to it.

There were no signs posted when I was there years ago. Most people don't even know how to get to it.

They have put up a sign. Because greedy tourists were taking away bags full and bragging about they are very sensitive about tourists picking up the glass. I would not want to be the one caught taking any.

8685d8c3b014120daeca3cac2a977335.jpg

Although you can easily see Bermuda without excursions, there's no reason NOT to do one, especially is using your OBC. I have done the catamaran snorkeling with kids and this is fun for all. They provide pool noodles and kayaks as well so it makes a nice day. On the way to the snorkeling spot, you get a beautiful tour of Bermuda from the sea, and with commentary from a local, which I love. I have also done the Devil's Eye snorkeling (not scary). I will warn you that snorkeling is not the best you'll ever do in Bermuda, but it is fun. Alternatively try Crystal Caves for a non-water excursion.

My suggestion is excursion on Day 1 or 2 in the morning if possible. If its a Wednesday go to Hamilton by ferry in the early evening for 5$ p/p each way to see the Gombey Dancers in the local parade for Harbour Nights. Day 2 Horseshoe Beach by shuttle that will be available at the and of the pier for 7$ p/p, just easier than the local bus. It really is the nicest beach. Don't let the crowds scare you, keep walking to the far left and you will find seclude and gorgeous spots. Day 3 Snorkle Park Beach and shopping and looking around at Dockyard.

They have put up a sign. Because greedy tourists were taking away bags full and bragging about they are very sensitive about tourists picking up the glass. I would not want to be the one caught taking any.

8685d8c3b014120daeca3cac2a977335.jpg

Wow, how sad for everyone else. I only brought home a couple of pieces to put in my office. It is a shame that greedy people ruin things for everyone else. It is still a neat place to visit and see all the great artwork done by the locals.

We did the Catamaran and snorkel excursion and really enjoyed it. We did this the 1st day we were in Bermuda and then did Horseshoe beach the next day. Our last day some of our party went to snorkel park while hubby and I did souvenir shopping. They enjoyed snorkel park but said they wouldn't do again.

Not only do I steal glass from that beach, I also sneak booze on the ship, I remove the DSC, I don't wash my hands before hitting the buffet (and I LOVE to handle the food, and put it back) and my favorite cruise ship activity.. I reserve a minimum of 5 loungers by the pool every morning.

I don’t know if they do this through he cruise line... but back in 2012 we were in Bermuda on an NCL cruise....

we took the bus to the zoo/aquarium ... it’s not that big but it was pretty cool and one of my favorite things of that vacation.

We also visited the botanical gardens by bus which we loved but idk if an 11 yr old would like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is an excursion for bamz, Bermuda aquarium museum with a stop at caves. We did the aquarium and my 11 and 13 year old girls loved it. They have an area where lemurs run free and can stand right next you. We didn’t do the excursion through the ship because it is very easy to get around the island on your own. So we only did the aquarium part.

Wednesday they have harbor nights over in Hamilton. Take the ferry over, it’s a nice ride. They had bouncy houses and things for kids to do for cheap. Plus there is vendors along the main road for adults to shop.

As for snorkel beach, I would never go back there. They charged $5 per adult to get in. The beach is not pretty, it had rocks everywhere including in the water so it made walking and swimming crappy.

There is a “pirate” ship called calico jacks that had a plank for people to jump off of into a little Bay Area. They serve great drinks for adults and kids jump off and swim. We normally do that on Friday.

Enjoy Bermuda!! It’s amazing!!

Not only do I steal glass from that beach, I also sneak booze on the ship, I remove the DSC, I don't wash my hands before hitting the buffet (and I LOVE to handle the food, and put it back) and my favorite cruise ship activity.. I reserve a minimum of 5 loungers by the pool every morning.

HA HA! Bryan! You are our hero!.

Cheers.