Thanksgiving and other carnival questions

ellasmomanddad

Hello, we booked our first Carnival cruise on the Magic for thanksgiving 2018, do they have thanksgiving dinner on a cruise? I personally wouldn't care but its the one time of year my wife gets turkey. I also noticed that you can make reservations now for the steak house, is that necessary we would want to go 1 time as our night out. We booked the Magic, any thoughts on the ship in comparison to other carnival ships? We have been on the NCL Dawn and Breakaway as well as the Disney Dream and I am looking forward to seeing what Carnival is all about.

thank you

I've never been to the Steakhouse, but I can assure you that your wife will be able to get her turkey dinner on the Magic. We have cruised the last two Thanksgivings and there are Turkey and Ham offerings in the main dining room. As far as comparisons to other ships, we only sailed the Ecstacy before the Magic and definitely preferred the Magic.

I have cruised for thanksgiving and I don’t like the turkey in the MDR. I hear there is Carney turkey in the buffet. The steak house is very very good and worth the upgrade for one night. Since the menu is the same every night, I wouldn’t go thanksgiving night. I would select another night of your cruise to go to the steakhouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have cruised for thanksgiving and I don’t like the turkey in the MDR. I hear there is Carney turkey in the buffet.

Yes, there is a carvery station with freshly roasted whole turkey on Thanksgiving in the buffet which is far superior to the pressed turkey served in the MDR. We did the MDR once and once was enough. We all agreed it was comparable to this:

TVDinner_Turkey.png

Z

Usually we like a nice dinner mid week when the kid has had enough of us and wants to go to the kids club lol. Im glad to hear there is turkey day dinner for my wife, i didn't really think about an international company and Thanksgiving when i booked. I have never travelled during a holiday week before but it was a good deal.

Thank you for the quick replies.

Hello, we booked our first Carnival cruise on the Magic for thanksgiving 2018, do they have thanksgiving dinner on a cruise? I personally wouldn't care but its the one time of year my wife gets turkey. I also noticed that you can make reservations now for the steak house, is that necessary we would want to go 1 time as our night out. We booked the Magic, any thoughts on the ship in comparison to other carnival ships? We have been on the NCL Dawn and Breakaway as well as the Disney Dream and I am looking forward to seeing what Carnival is all about.

thank you

Holidays are a great time to enjoy a Carnival cruise, and yes, Carnival will be serving a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. From their website:

"Thanksgiving Day

When: November 23, 2017, November 22, 2018 and November 28, 2019

Enjoy a traditional Thanksgiving meal on Thursday evening, featuring roasted turkey, yams, mashed potatoes, cranberry relish, giblet gravy and pumpkin pie.

• The Macy's Day Parade will be broadcast on Thursday morning on ships that feature the Carnival Seaside Theater
  • Thanksgiving Duck Hunt and Thanksgiving Trivia"

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1394/~/celebrating-holidays#Thanksgiving_Day

I really enjoy having the full traditional holiday dinner without having to cook or do dishes! I'll bet your wife will too. :-) Hope you enjoy your holiday on Carnival Magic. The steakhouse is very good, but book it for a different night than Thanksgiving night. You'll enjoy Magic. I really like the Promenade deck on Magic because you can walk all the way around the ship on it. Not too many ships have a Promenade deck like that anymore.

Thanksgiving is always a great time on the ships! We are headed out Thanksgiving this year and can't wait. I know so many people are surprised that carved turkey on the buffet is different than what they serve in the dining room. Sometimes I order something else and head to the buffet later just for some fresh carved turkey! We've done Thanksgiving 2x already and we've always enjoyed it.

I also noticed that you can make reservations now for the steak house, is that necessary we would want to go 1 time as our night out.

Yes, definitely make your steakhouse reservations now so that you get the day/time you want. If you wait until you get on the ship, most of the desirable times will be booked.

I am on this cruise too and am really looking forward to it! I am cruising with my husband and teenage daughters and am hoping it is not quite as packed as the NCL Epic was during spring break. But I am at the mercy of the school calendar and any day at sea is better than...well...anything else period!!

We booked thanksgiving day dinner in the steakhouse at 7pm. I am very excited as we are having our traditional thanksgiving dinner, including deep fried turkey, on Wednesday. The 7pm dining time will allow us plenty of time to settle in as we check in at 1130am that morning. We are also platinum and my sister has booked FTTF for her cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have to agree with others that posted this - the turkey at the Lido buffet is WAY better than in the MDR and the pumpkin pie is dreadful.

We have cruised several Thanksgivings and always enjoyed them. Little bit crowded, but lots of fun. Hope you have a fabulous time!

We were on the Liberty last year for Thanksgiving week and had a great time however the Thanksgiving Dinner in the MDR was not that great. Next time I would probably book the steakhouse well in advance. I do have a picture of the menu on my mac but it wont let me post it, says its too big, so if someone could tell me how to make it work I can post some pics. lol Overall it was a great cruise, yes it was crowded and busy being a holiday week but we were on a cruise and not at home cooking and cleaning so it was perfect!