Big and tall on the Liberty of the seas

My husband and I are crusing sept 23rd on the liberty of the seas to western caribean.

Hubs is 6'4 and 300lbs. How uncomfortable will he be in the cabin/bathrooms? My friend who just cruised with carnival says he wont fir. I'm worried now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband is 6’10 and 300 lbs(320 at his heaviest) and he makes do. Not going to say he is super comfortable in the shower but he manages ok...enough to clean and all that. He had to be a little careful in the hallways with the sprinklers but given your guy is 6 inches shorter he should be fine. No issues in the cabin at all:)

What stateroom type did you book? Generally, the bigger the stateroom, the bigger the bathroom. My guess is he’ll be ok in a suite.

Go to YouTube and search for Liberty of the Seas and then type in your stateroom number. If this doesn’t bring up a video, try Liberty and your cabin type (inside cabin, junior suite), etc

My husband and I are crusing sept 23rd on the liberty of the seas to western caribean.

Hubs is 6'4 and 300lbs. How uncomfortable will he be in the cabin/bathrooms? My friend who just cruised with carnival says he wont fir. I'm worried now.

Welcome to CC. Your friend is wrong! He will fit. :rolleyes:

I was 6’3” and about 350 at my biggest, and got by.

I’d leave my clothes etc outside, use the whole bathroom as my shower and then dress in the cabin itself.

Lost a few inches due to collapsing back and a few pounds since.

What stateroom type did you book? Generally, the bigger the stateroom, the bigger the bathroom. My nguess is he’ll be ok in a suite.

Go to YouTube and search for Liberty of the Seas and then type in your stateroom number. If this doesn’t bring up a video, try Liberty and your cabin type (inside cabin, junior suite), etc

Just a balcony. Wasnt trying to go all out because it's our first and we have twin 2 year olds that suck our money away! I will have to look at the upgrade costs for sure though.

My friend described carnival as a toddler sized toilet and she isnt even plus size and had a hard time in her shower. Got me nervous but good to know hes not going to bust the bathroom like the incredible hulk.

I have not been on Liberty but have been on Oasis class. I am 6'3" and 250 pounds. The showers in the "regular" staterooms aren't exactly roomy, but they are more comfortable (I attribute it to the glass/fiberglass rounded door enclosed shower) than other cruise lines I've traveled. Sorry I can't comment on Liberty but I assume size will somewhat be the same among other RCL ships (folks, please correct me if I'm wrong). As far as cabin, etc is concerned, I don't see why there would be any issues.

I can only comment on hight. My dad is 6’7 and has never had a problem on a cruise.

I am 6’ and about 330. I fit but if I drop the soap or need to pick anything up off the shower floor I need to turn the water off, get out, pick it up, get back in and turn the water back on. It’s not ultra convenient but it works.

I can only comment on hight. My dad is 6’7 and has never had a problem on a cruise.

At 6’7” I’d have thought he’d need to stoop, I’m down to about 6’ and come close.

I can comment on height as I'm 6'6". I think there are a few places down the passenger hallways that might have a few things hanging down from the ceiling (smoke detectors, exit signs). Sometimes I might duck out of habit but I haven't hit my head once.

The shower head is a bit tricky but they are handheld wands on a mount - you can detach them if needed. But basically it's the same with most hotel rooms that aren't set up for the tall - stoop to get under the water.

I am 6’ and about 330. I fit but if I drop the soap or need to pick anything up off the shower floor I need to turn the water off, get out, pick it up, get back in and turn the water back on. It’s not ultra convenient but it works.

/quote]

This, I'm 6'2" 350. The shower will be a little uncomfortable, but that is it. I will suggest 2 things:

1. Shower with the door open, you will leave a little mess of water that will drain (rest room have drains for this).

2. On boarding day ask to be upgraded to a handicap room if available.

Also if you have kids you might want to book a mini suite bigger room for everyone and it come with a regular size bathtub.

I am not-quite 5'6" and almost 200 pounds lighter, and need to turn the water off & open the door to pick up anything that I've dropped!

Mr Chew is 6'4", around 250 (and has been heavier on some of our cruises) and has not had problems fitting in any of showers on RCL ships. Now, on Oceania … different story … !

There is a difference between just making do and being comfortable. Your husband can certainly make do on the cruise. I am a big guy and we always book a junior (mini) suite in order to be comfortable. It gives you a tub/shower combo for ease of taking a shower. It also gives you a walk-in closet and just more space to move about inside the room as well as a nice balcony. I would rather pay more and be comfortable even if it means cruising less often because of the price. Good luck!

6'4 310 No oroblems for me.

Actually prefer standard showers to the suite tubs as I don't like stepping over the tub.

Cheers

Also. 6’4” and 275, suite tubs can be tricks , looking forward to first owners suite which has separate shower

• 4 weeks later...

My husband is a man of size 6'4" 340 lbs:

1. get a handicap state room, large bathroom, shower has french drain water does not get all over the place, also has a higher toilet (bad Knees).

2.Go to the fittness center to shower. large stalls and good water pressure.

I am on explorer of the Seas right now. 6'-2, 360,54 waist.

Toilet is a little snug on shower side.

I bring a bath brush so shower works.

Will need to look for chairs without arms in Windjammer or the metal chairs with arms. The wicker chairs are too snug

Lots of big people on board.

I am in a D2 cabin so standard bath bigger balcony.

Your hubby should be fine.

A

My husband was 6' 384 lbs at his largest and he had no issues using the shower in a standard cabin. The showers are not spacious but are adequate to get the job done. Stop worrying and have a great cruise.

My friend described carnival as a toddler sized toilet and she isnt even plus size and had a hard time in her shower. Got me nervous but good to know hes not going to bust the bathroom like the incredible hulk.

I don't know about Carnival, but I can attest that Princess and RCI's bathrooms aren't exactly toy sized.

We've sailed on Liberty, and my 6'1 180# did just fine. I did fine too, even though I am very much plus sized. It's actually more than plus size.

I mean - bending down in the shower to shave your legs would probably be uncomfortable, but doable. One can also do it in the sink if one is pressed for space. Most husbands will most likely not have this problem.