What is worse....

Scotico

Apologies, and I understand trying to keep the peace with family, but this is rude x2. First you are saving more than one seat and second they stroll in after the show has begun, thus disrupting those around you who are trying to enjoy the show.

Not exactly x2 though. We purposely pick the last few rows to avoid that.

Would like to know what do you all find worse....the pool chair hogs or those who save a whole row of seats at the shows.

They're both terrible.

But equally so, are the people who get to the show super early because they want end seats, and then act put out when they have to let you get into the rest of the seats. Especially the ones who won't stand up and just move their legs over a little and expect you and your family of 6 to squeeze past them. Jerks.

They're both terrible.

But equally so, are the people who get to the show super early because they want end seats, and then act put out when they have to let you get into the rest of the seats. Especially the ones who won't stand up and just move their legs over a little and expect you and your family of 6 to squeeze past them. Jerks.

I do get there early to snag an end seat as I am short and very claustrophobic. I do not feel put out when others enter the row, and do stand to make it easier.

To be clear, do you think it is reasonable to expect us "Jerks" to move towards the center to accommodate you and your family?

To be clear, do you think it is reasonable to expect us "Jerks" to move towards the center to accommodate you and your family?

No, not at all! End seats are great and I grab one when I can too. (although only when it's just me and hubby. If we have the whole crew, we move into the center so we don't have to deal with letting people in past all of us.)

It's just the ones that act all put out that annoy me. And ones who won't be polite and stand up when I politely excuse us and ask to be let in.

No, not at all! End seats are great and I grab one when I can too. (although only when it's just me and hubby. If we have the whole crew, we move into the center so we don't have to deal with letting people in past all of us.)

It's just the ones that act all put out that annoy me. And ones who won't be polite and stand up when I politely excuse us and ask to be let in.

Nothing dictates that a person is required to leave their seat and go into the aisle so you can get by. There is plenty of leg room in Celebrity's theaters to just shift your legs for others to get past.

Agree. My wife and I always get to the theater early and enjoy the pre-show entertainment of the fool trying to save multiple seats while trying to stop others from sitting down. :D I think it would be funny if one of the theater video staff would film the chair savers and play it on the screen so others could watch and laugh while waiting for the main show to start.

You know what would be even funnier, if someone could video the chair savers and send it to "America's Funniest Videos". :D

Nothing dictates that a person is required to leave their seat and go into the aisle so you can get by. There is plenty of leg room in Celebrity's theaters to just shift your legs for others to get past.

I certainly agree with this. We try for aisle seats because we can leave if we don't like the show. Sometimes I stand to let people by, but I think I mostly shift over (I guess it depends on how my knees are feeling that evening). I never thought that by doing so someone would think me a jerk.:confused::eek::(

Celebrity now has a section of "Reserved " seats for Suites and Zeniths. At first I thought this completely unnecessary and didn't sit there. Times have changed and I now take advantage of the perk. Two Butlers are stationed in the area to check cards and remove ropes. Usually, but not always, the reserved section is opened to general seating about 5-10 minutes prior to the show. I've seen groups of passengers waiting for those seats to become available and they usually are. The section is usually available on Smart Chic nights, but one ship is experimenting with every Production show.

As someone who gets to the theater extra early to get those aisle seats, I can tell you how hard it is to climb over people to get out to go to the restroom. There's no sign on our foreheads that my husband has had surgery & that is why we need those seats. We ask nothing of anyone and are happy to accommodate late arrivals.

On a recent sailing, it was announced by the Cruise director to move down the row to make room for the latecomers. I should have spoken up then.

Happy sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As someone who gets to the theater extra early to get those aisle seats, I can tell you how hard it is to climb over people to get out to go to the restroom. There's no sign on our foreheads that my husband has had surgery & that is why we need those seats. We ask nothing of anyone and are happy to accommodate late arrivals.

On a recent sailing, it was announced by the Cruise director to move down the row to make room for the latecomers. I should have spoken up then.

You are perfectly entitled to say that you wish to sit in an aisle seat for medical reasons. Personally I don't think you need any reason at all. Years ago, I was at a concert venue near where I live and somebody asked a couple seated at the end of a row if they would mind moving in. They very politely replied that they had arrived early to be sure of having an aisle seat as that is what they preferred. That same phrase has worked well for me ever since! I see no reason why those who choose to arrive at the last minute should take precedence over those who arrive in time.

I just got off of a Princess cruise where the person greeted you at the door and asked how many seats. If you said 6 they explained that people needed to be there right now to sit in them. They really policed the theater. The theater is the worst to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What ship was that? I have been on almost all of Princess's ships and have never encountered that in the theater. Princess will have people help guests to find seats a few minutes before the show starts when the theater is nearly full. But even then that is inside of the theater in the aisles, not at the entry. They certainly were not doing it thee weeks ago when I was on the Regal. Usually the theater is full for the early shows 15 minutes before the show starts. More space at the later shows. You do have people try and save some seats (usually in the 4-6 seat range) and the employees will step in if someone is holding seats as the theater fills.

You are perfectly entitled to say that you wish to sit in an aisle seat for medical reasons. Personally I don't think you need any reason at all. Years ago, I was at a concert venue near where I live and somebody asked a couple seated at the end of a row if they would mind moving in. They very politely replied that they had arrived early to be sure of having an aisle seat as that is what they preferred. That same phrase has worked well for me ever since! I see no reason why those who choose to arrive at the last minute should take precedence over those who arrive in time.

While I generally agree with what you say. An exception exists for those seats at the end of aisles where space is located for wheel chairs. In those cases the chair next to the spot should be for the person accompanying the person in the wheelchair.

While I generally agree with what you say. An exception exists for those seats at the end of aisles where space is located for wheel chairs. In those cases the chair next to the spot should be for the person accompanying the person in the wheelchair.

Goodness, yes, of course! I hope everyone would understand that to be the case.

I do get there early to snag an end seat as I am short and very claustrophobic. I do not feel put out when others enter the row, and do stand to make it easier.

The poster said nothing about anyone moving toward the center. I saw jerks meaning those that acted annoyed that anyone should want to move past them.

Neither did they say anything about going into the aisle. There isn't always leg room if the person seated or the person coming in is a large person.

I went into the theatre on Eclipse last year and a couple were sitting on the end of the row. I said excuse me so I could get past as the row was empty(except for the other end) and they started tutting at me. I did not ask them to sit at the end of the row they chose to sit there so they have to move to let others pass. I think they need to look at options of maybe getting people to move to the centre of the rows.

I am not trying to be ugly but the handicapped section should be for handicapped only. Not there spouse, significant other, children, etc. They can sit in a seat in front of the handicapped section. I understand that they want to sit together but for 1 hour it is fine. I am handicapped, arrive 15 to 20 minutes early and handicapped is full with people that are not handicapped.

I went into the theatre on Eclipse last year and a couple were sitting on the end of the row. I said excuse me so I could get past as the row was empty(except for the other end) and they started tutting at me. I did not ask them to sit at the end of the row they chose to sit there so they have to move to let others pass. I think they need to look at options of maybe getting people to move to the centre of the rows.

Really? Personally, I don't think they should ask folks to move at all......If the folks on the end didn't like it that

you needed to get through, it is their problem, not yours. But I don't think asking people to move to the center

is the right thing to do either. If someone doesn't want to sit in the middle, it is their choice. (In my opinion).

He met the other 3 guests on the way out and said "those are the spi*!s (derogatory term for someone who is hispanic) who took your seats. I smiled and his wife slapped him while storming off.

How does Celebrity handle those who save theater seats.

Never mind the issue about saving seats....

It's the racial verbal abuse that was dished out...that is under question!

Under NO circumstance should this be allowed.

In the UK, people have lost their jobs and even been convicted for racial abuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Never mind the issue about saving seats....

It's the racial verbal abuse that was dished out...that is under question!

Under NO circumstance should this be allowed.

In the UK, people have lost their jobs and even been convicted for racial abuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You had Celebrity crew/staff dishing out racial abuse?:eek:.....

Nope standing at the door 30 minutes before the start. They didn't catch everyone but a lot. Caribbean Princess my new favorite ship.

They were not doing that in September when I was last on that ship. The only thing that I have ever seen Princess do that for was during an Captain's Circle event, not normal entertainment in the theater.