Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:02 AM.
San Diego
6,100 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Marco, I went on MSC website . I didn't understand the different levels for the same cabin.
Looks like you pay more for different packages(Bella, Fantastica, Aurea)Did you have to do this with your Elite Status and if you paid extra, was it worth it? Noticed that Bella added nothing extra but Fantastica added over $300.00 for same cabin, and Aurea over $600.
I may call MSC to help figure all this out.
League City, TX
40,430 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
Originally posted by san diego sue
Doesn't sound like Marco had a real suite on Princess. he said all he got was a tub instead of a shower. Sounds like a mini suite to me.The full suites have bigger balconies, a tub and a shower and he indicated that his was smaller than the balcony cabin he had on MSC.

On the Royal class, full suites on the sides of the ship still only have a 3' wide balcony, even if the length is longer.
sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
6,806 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Originally posted by caribill
On the Royal class, full suites on the sides of the ship still only have a 3' wide balcony, even if the length is longer.
As much as I like the Regal & Royal this remains one of the biggest drawbacks.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
S 625/806/70/88

California
99 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
The different classes on MSC provide different perks. Bella is the cheapest and you get your cabin and meals but nothing else. Fantastica gives you better cabin options (location) and 12 free drink coupons per person, plus your choice of early or late dining, space permitting (like all lines). Aurea includes unlimited drink packages for all, plus one hour massages for the first two occupants, anytime dining, and access to a special sundeck and the thermal suite for the length of the cruise. If you're going to try MSC pay attention to the deck plans...we got a two room Aurea suite for the same price as the one room Aurea suite. We loved our Divina cruise, felt it was a great value for a solid product. We used to sail DCL consistently, so expect a beautiful, clean ship, and MSC delivered.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming:
MSC Meraviglia 6/10/18-6/24/18
RC Harmony, 7/7/18-7/14/18
MSC Seaside 11/17/18-11/24/18

Previously:
MSC Divina 4/15/17-4/22/17
8 DCL
1 Carnival
13,719 Posts
Joined May 2005
...thanks you for the comparison.................Just read up to your 2nd post, so sorry if below ? was already asked.

I read somewhere that MSC only matches your status once.....is this correct?

Edit: Oops just read this in your 3rd post...

So what I read on CC was incorrect your status stays indefinitely??????
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
L RI
2017 cruises completed
MR Emerald... Nov.-Dec. Scandinavian. Crown... Aug-Sept.... South East Asia...Majestic..June-July... Caribbean...Anthem..Mar.- April ...South America... Crown.. Jan.-Feb
Still favor land trips best, but as I log more sea and river days on ships and hours on CC , I might become a "Cruise Lover" sooner than I think or am I already?
1ST Ocean Liner Cruise
1983 Caribbean, Carnivale
1ST River Cruise
2006 China, Viking Century

My avatar is of a Marine Iguana the most amazing reptile ever.......unfortunately this guy now has a nose job since the recent software changes on CC. I viewed this indigenous iguana and swam with his friends in the Galapagos islands, while traveling on X's Xpedition in 2009 & 2010. Those adventures and a cruise around the Horn yields some unique, close up encounters with wildlife. And let's not forget Tahiti, Mexico, The Caribbean, Hawaii, Belize, the great reef, Indonesia,etc.etc...diving and snorkeling opens up a kaleidoscope of colors.....take time to enjoy experiences with nature and it's underwater wonders.
If you care ..I have enough cruises with Royal to drink in the concierge lounge and get an amenity or 2 and with Princess to get a bar set up and some OB spending cash.....Skoal.....or skål