HAL transfer from Ft Lauderdale cruise port to the airport

akenned

Does anyone have any experience with using HAL's post cruise transfer service? Is it just a shuttle/bus? My husband will need to get to the airport after the cruise and I'm wondering if its worth the $19 cost. I'm trying to make it as smooth and hassle free as possible for him. After reading the other thread about problems with taxi cabs over charging, I'm wondering if it's a better option.

Does anyone have any experience with using HAL's post cruise transfer service? Is it just a shuttle/bus? My husband will need to get to the airport after the cruise and I'm wondering if its worth the $19 cost. I'm trying to make it as smooth and hassle free as possible for him. After reading the other thread about problems with taxi cabs over charging, I'm wondering if it's a better option.

We would never use HAL Transfer, too much hassle loading luggage and the bus waiting until it’s full, not worth it to us. No problem getting a taxi, Uber or Lyft at the pier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've used HAL transfers, especially if we have a later flight. For us it's less of a hassle. Set price, driver knows the way and luggage is stored underneath. We've done taxis also and not had a problem, knock on wood.

TO the ship we often use the hotel's shuttle, or the shuttle that stops at that hotel. It all depends on our mood I guess LOL.

We would never use HAL Transfer, too much hassle loading luggage and the bus waiting until it’s full, not worth it to us. No problem getting a taxi, Uber or Lyft at the pier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. Did it once back in 1994 and that was once too many. Depending on your airline you also have the multi-stop and unloading hassle at the airport. It’s been a taxi ever since.

Ft. Lauderdale is one of two ports (the other being San Diego) where I, as a single, would just as soon take a taxi as take the HAL transfer. The price is about the same.

It's no big deal to have your luggage loaded on the bus, nor is there a long wait. The transfer group is called at the same time and heads to the bus more or less together. Obviously, the first person to board will wait longer than the last person, but most of us aren't first. ;)

The best thing about a taxi, vs. a transfer, is that the cab will let you off right in front of the airline terminal; the transfer lets you out between terminals. If you have any mobility problems, made worse when schlepping luggage, then the cab is the easier choice.

We used it just a few weeks ago. There is a line of buses and when full, they head to the airport, luggage goes underneath. One thing we did learn, you cannot check your luggage more than four hours before your flight.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have used it and it was great! I don't know if they still offer this, but the night before, they checked our luggage on the ship for the airline. We didn't see our bags again until we arrived home. That was really nice! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

IMO when used in conjunction with the Luggage Direct service, HAL's ship-to-airport is a no-brainer. We have used it every January in Ft Lauderdale for several years (ever since the LD was first offered at FLL) and have been 100% pleased with the service every time. For us the convenience of not having to schlepp our bags in and out of cabs/buses and through the airport makes the LD service well worth the additional ($25 IIRC) cost.

Smooth sailing :ship: :ship: :ship:

We used the HAL transfer after this past year's world cruise, we were so glad we did. There was a truck waiting to take the luggage we were shipping as soon as we cleared customs and then onto the bus. I'm sure we didn't wait long until it was full and we were off.

The other advantage was that you give them the time of your flight and they make sure you are off the ship in plenty of time to make it. We had an early flight and we were at the airport by 8:45AM (our flight wasn't that early of course). What a relief for my husband as he the king of worriers!

I've never used Uber (still not allowed where I live) but if available, that or a taxi would be my choice every time. Man years ago we used ship transfers but waiting for a bus to fill up and then stop at several points, for a higher cost, is not our choice at all. Cab - cheaper, direct, quicker.

We use HAL transfers and have never felt inconvenienced waiting for the bus to fill up. Most passengers are eager to get to the airport so it doesn't take long. Last time in Fort Lauderdale we did get in the cab line, and ended up in a van.

Karen

We used the HAL transfer after this past year's world cruise, we were so glad we did. There was a truck waiting to take the luggage we were shipping as soon as we cleared customs and then onto the bus. I'm sure we didn't wait long until it was full and we were off.

The other advantage was that you give them the time of your flight and they make sure you are off the ship in plenty of time to make it. We had an early flight and we were at the airport by 8:45AM (our flight wasn't that early of course). What a relief for my husband as he the king of worriers!

Agree completely - if only for the peace of mind, IMO the HAL ship-to-airport transfer is well worth the price. I feel sorry for those who cannot afford to use it and then feel need to justify their decision by denigrating a (fairly priced) service that has great value to many.