left ipad in room next to bed

bnorris10

Just got home from cruise and realized I left my ipad next to the bed in the room what are my options to try and get it back?

Hi

Contact the cruise line. With a little bit of luck it was turned in and you might be reunited. Don't get you hopes too high, but it happens often enough that forgotten items find their way home.

Number one rule of traveling, you DOUBLE CHECK then TRIPLE CHECK for any items. 2 years ago traveling with my friend, I asked once and then asked twice if she checked her room, she copped a attitude towards me and barked she was not a child. Well you guessed it 400 miles down the road she asked where her phone was, and told her to use my car phone to call it and if it was in my car anywhere we would hear it. She rang and the cleaning lady answered the phone and said she had found her phone on the night stand.

Of course my friend said we need to go back and get it. I copped a attitude and told her to have her mail it because there was ZERO chance of me going back for it.

Think she learned a lesson that day, it was a very quiet 4 days of driving home, LOL

you can try calling them. they do have a lost and found, but I called in January when I left my winter coat on the Victory after a charter (hadn't even planned on bringing the coat with me... was going to leave it in my car and just deal with the cold to the airport, but just forgot to take it off... ugh...). I knew exactly where it was and it was a pretty unique coat between the fabric, faux fur lined hood and color, and I knew exactly where it was (in my stateroom in a specific closet. gave them the stateroom number and even if I got the specific closet I left it in wrong, there were only 3 closets in the room, and it was definitely in a closet. only item I put in a closet, I believe). never heard from them again. it was not a valuable coat monetarily. it had more sentimental value to me as it was my late stepmom's coat. still pretty bummed about that...

It was left on the stand next to my bed

Its crazy I knew the second my husband laid it on the stand next to him we were going to forget it

Yep, it must be the husband's fault. This will teach hime a lesson, LOL. BTW, your 1st post says that you left it there on the night table.

Anyway, I hope you can get it back! :eek:

Yep, it must be the husband's fault. This will teach hime a lesson, LOL. BTW, your 1st post says that you left it there on the night table.

Anyway, I hope you can get it back! :eek:

Isn't it always???? (LOL)

BNorris keeping my fingers crossed for you- I'd be lost without my iPad so I'm feeling your pain!

If the steward found it before you left, you would have been flagged when dinging off the ship for the last time. Since you weren't, either your steward hadn't gotten to your room by the time you left or didn't see it. I did the same thing on the last night - sat my tablet down and it slipped between the bed and nightstand. I knew I would forget so I jumped up and put it on top of my carry on. If it's found they will contact you. We left a whole 26" suitcase at the port last week. Never even missed the thing (we would have eventually). They called us a few hours after we got off.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

DH left his watch in our cabin a couple of years ago and called Carnival for help in retrieving it. A very nice man worked with him and sure enough, the room steward had turned it in. After verifying it belonged to DH, it was mailed to him. Didn't take too long to get it back.

My last cruise, June 6, 2017 I did the same thing. I called the 1-800 number they connected me to the lost & found department. I completed a form on line and my IPad was mailed back to me (my expense) in two weeks. Hope yours will be sent back to you!!

how long before u knew if they had it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

I left a toothbrush charger & an electric tap one trip. Never got either back & the phone rep said I would have to pay $20 per item if they found them & shipped them to me. I replaced them both & you can be sure I am more careful about double-checking everything now.