Our "move over" cruise is coming up and we can't get the Princess rep to answer

pompeii

About a year ago we accepted a move over offer for a cruise we had booked to S. America. As our new cruise we chose the Iceland and Norway sailing this July on the Pacific. We are now looking at flights and cannot get our assigned Princess rep to respond to our emails. I've tried to choose flights on my personalizer like I usually do, but keep getting an error message saying unable to complete my request. I'm assuming that it's because this is a move over cruise and not a regular booking, and things have to be handled differently.

For those of you who have done a move over, did you have to be (very) patient in waiting for a response from your rep? He responded quickly when we were first working out the details last January. In the meantime over the last year we've only contacted him once about a change in stateroom, and it took several emails and over a week before he responded (with a mild apology for the delay.) This time, I've emailed twice and it's been a week, and nothing. We tried his phone extension and got his voicemail, so as far as we can tell, he is still at Princess.

My husband is going to call tomorrow and if he doesn't get a call back, he'll go up the chain until he reaches someone who will help. Has anyone else had this issue? Did you request a new rep to work with?

I've never had this happen as I have never received a move over offer ...but why even bother to wait? He may be out and you can call anyone at Princess to help you with your reservation.

We always use our local travel agent. They always answer the phone and deal with Princess when necessary.

They have been able to pull some strings in the past when our calls directly to Princess hit a wall. We ended up with a third cabin at no charge on the Regal when we took our grandkids.

Howard

Thanks for the replies everyone, but since this is a move over replacement booking, everything has to be handled through a different department and not through regular Princess customer service. I can see I wasn't clear about that in my original post. Last time I didn't get a response, I tried contacting regular customer service, and they could access the booking but weren't able to make any changes. When I told them it was a move over booking, they said the Inventory Coordinator in Yield Management has to do it.

I've tried several times to reserve flights over several days, and always get the same error message. I'm pretty sure it's because flights on move over cruises are fare-protected, so the Inventory Coordinator has to book them to make sure the fares are adjusted.

Thanks for the replies everyone, but since this is a move over replacement booking, everything has to be handled through a different department and not through regular Princess customer service. I can see I wasn't clear about that in my original post.

You were clear. I have received many move over offers but haven't taken advantage of it so I didn't realize the process was different. Good luck tomorrow. I also use a TA so they get to make these calls.

We've experienced several move overs and yes you do need to work with the Princess rep directly to make sure everything is done correctly. I've never had to wait more than a few days for him to return my call. However I found emailing him was best as he always responded to me within 24 hours. If you call the regular line and talk to someone else regarding his none call back issues, that person can and will get your message through to that department.

We've experienced several move overs and yes you do need to work with the Princess rep directly to make sure everything is done correctly. I've never had to wait more than a few days for him to return my call. However I found emailing him was best as he always responded to me within 24 hours. If you call the regular line and talk to someone else regarding his none call back issues, that person can and will get your message through to that department.

I thought email would be best as well because that way too everything is in writing in case there is a question later. I would have no problem with 24 hours, however this rep is either way too busy or just doesn't put a priority on answering emails.

We'll call tomorrow, leave him a vm and give him until Tuesday to contact us. If we don't hear back, dh will have no problem running it up the chain and complaining.

Thanks for recounting your experience with your move overs. Do you happen to remember if your rep had the initials M.C.? Just wondering if we have the same guy.

We always use our local travel agent. They always answer the phone and deal with Princess when necessary.

They have been able to pull some strings in the past when our calls directly to Princess hit a wall. We ended up with a third cabin at no charge on the Regal when we took our grandkids.

Howard

I don't believe the OP is using a travel agent on this booking.

You were quite clear and I think you are being very patient waiting. Are you sure that the rep you were assigned to is still working for Princess? Although you would think that if your contact left you would have been transferred to someone else, don't assume. Things fall in the cracks all the time. You might want to call the regular number and ask if there is a supervisor in the yield management area who may be able to assist you. Good luck!

I thought email would be best as well because that way too everything is in writing in case there is a question later. I would have no problem with 24 hours, however this rep is either way too busy or just doesn't put a priority on answering emails.

We'll call tomorrow, leave him a vm and give him until Tuesday to contact us. If we don't hear back, dh will have no problem running it up the chain and complaining.

Thanks for recounting your experience with your move overs. Do you happen to remember if your rep had the initials M.C.? Just wondering if we have the same guy.

2 of the offers did come from "M.C." He was great for us...maybe he;s on vacation???

You were quite clear and I think you are being very patient waiting. Are you sure that the rep you were assigned to is still working for Princess? Although you would think that if your contact left you would have been transferred to someone else, don't assume. Things fall in the cracks all the time. You might want to call the regular number and ask if there is a supervisor in the yield management area who may be able to assist you. Good luck!

I'm pretty sure he is still there as we wondered the same thing so we called his number last week and got his outgoing message.

2 of the offers did come from "M.C." He was great for us...maybe he;s on vacation???

Oh no, now I know he just doesn't like us.....;). We haven't been pests, we've basically let our booking sit for the past year and contacted him only once. It took several tries to get a response that time, too; DH reminded me that it was after he called and mentioned that we were having trouble reaching our rep, that he finally responded. Do you remember how you handled flights on your move overs? Did you use EZ Air?

Thanks for the replies everyone, but since this is a move over replacement booking, everything has to be handled through a different department and not through regular Princess customer service. I can see I wasn't clear about that in my original post. Last time I didn't get a response, I tried contacting regular customer service, and they could access the booking but weren't able to make any changes. When I told them it was a move over booking, they said the Inventory Coordinator in Yield Management has to do it.

I've tried several times to reserve flights over several days, and always get the same error message. I'm pretty sure it's because flights on move over cruises are fare-protected, so the Inventory Coordinator has to book them to make sure the fares are adjusted.

If it were me, I'd call the main number and explain and request a manager in Yield Management as you've given your rep enough opportunities to contact you and they just haven't. Keep "zeroing out" of voicemail until you get a person who can help you!

I'm pretty sure he is still there as we wondered the same thing so we called his number last week and got his outgoing message.

Oh no, now I know he just doesn't like us.....;). We haven't been pests, we've basically let our booking sit for the past year and contacted him only once. It took several tries to get a response that time, too; DH reminded me that it was after he called and mentioned that we were having trouble reaching our rep, that he finally responded. Do you remember how you handled flights on your move overs? Did you use EZ Air?

We live a 3 (plus) hour drive away from the San Pedro and San Francisco ports which are the ports we use most of the time. So no flying.