Which Vista Havana balcony would you choose?

kjml2004

I believe the public is not allowed in that area in front of the cabins until after 7pm (or is it 5pm?).....We are going on the Vista for the first time on Dec 31st, so I don't know personally. I have although, read glowing reviews of the Havana cabins !

We were on vista in Europe back in June and our cabin was a balcony two decks up and slightly more mid ship so could see them all the time, there never seemed to be anyone down there, not even during the evening - I know during the day the pool area and bar were really quiet, but the Havana bar at night was nearly always packed so I dunno if you might hear noise from that? We are thinking of booking one next year and would probably go for one towards the end (near the exit door) but not on the side of the red frog because there are always people outside throwing bean bag toss, you here the 'thump' all the time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi all! I am getting to know the Vista. The Havana balconies look amazing but they don't seem very private. Which would you choose and which would you stay away from? Thanks so much! :)

We sailed Vista Transatlantic but we were in a regular balcony cabin on deck 9. We walked all over the ship to check it out, including the Havana area. We enjoyed strolling the entire lanai in the evenings.

The Havana area was open to the public after 7:00 pm so the balconies on deck five were not at all private. They were separated from the lanai and each other by a decorative fence that's about four feet high. We noticed that all but one cabin had curtains closed. We were able to see into the one that had the curtain open. People who sat out in the evenings were not able to enjoy privacy either.

We are considering booking Horizon for a Med cruise. We'd choose a Havana aft balcony on deck 7.

The pool area is beautiful.

I was on the Vista TA and had a Havana Cabana. I was in cabin 5228 and liked being on the port side and in the middle of the row of cabins. It was far enough away from Red Frog Pub that the noise didn't bother me. Same for being away from the Havana Bar, which had live music every evening. They did play tropical Latin music over the outside PA sometimes in the afternoons. LOVED it! Loved the hammock swing, the lounge chair, the little gate to each cabin. Loved the solitude, the private hot tubs, the bar access, the food in the morning and afternoon at the Havana Bar. I decorated my patio door to help me find my cabin from outside. They do also have the number on a post like an address. While I do prefer the (perceived) privacy you have in a traditional balcony cabin, the pluses for the Cabana style cabin outweighed privacy for me. My group had 3 cabins in the area fairly close together and it was so much fun visiting and enjoying the weather and views from the patios. If I cruise on the Vista again, I can't imagine not having a cabin in the Havana area!

• Like 1

I've booked a Havana Cabana Cabin for our cruise this January. So excited about this cabin category. I think it looks social, fun and so near the Havana area, that it's going to be well worth it. I would be surprised if the Horizon doesn't have more of this cabin type on its deck plan. They sell out fast, and I haven't heard any complaints about them yet.

We were in 7467. It is a Havana Aft balcony. Here are a few photos:

Thank you so much for posting these pic's! We are also booked in 7467 for March 2018, my sister is booked in 7465 beside us (on the left when looking at the ocean)Do you remember if there was a divider between these balcony's which we could open?

Thank you so much for posting these pic's! We are also booked in 7467 for March 2018, my sister is booked in 7465 beside us (on the left when looking at the ocean)Do you remember if there was a divider between these balcony's which we could open?

I'm not sure if it can be opened. If I remember correctly, the dividers were different on the left and right. I'll see if I can find any photos.

It's a great cabin. You will have fabulous time!

eta if you look at the first photo I took, there is a different between the left and right dividers. This photo shows the balcony below us. The dividers were the same as ours. Not sure if this helps.

Edited by 3redheads

I'm not sure if it can be opened. If I remember correctly, the dividers were different on the left and right. I'll see if I can find any photos.

It's a great cabin. You will have fabulous time!

eta if you look at the first photo I took, there is a different between the left and right dividers. This photo shows the balcony below us. The dividers were the same as ours. Not sure if this helps.

Yes my guess is that the left side doesn't open because it looks like part of the main structure of the ship. Glad you had a great cruise!

And to the OP, having not yet sailed on Vista and looking only from photos I personally think the Ext. Aft Balcony is the best. They have a bit more privacy and the view is amazing!

• 1 year later...

We sailed on the Vista in October 2017 and our group had multiple Havana Cabins. Ours was 5228 and we LOVED it! Everyone talked about the possible lack of privacy with the lanai instead of a balcony but that was not an issue at all and we actually really liked that we could go find other members of our group without having to enter their actual cabin.

The private pool area and bar were awesome and although the pool area was open at night it really didn't get very busy back there. The Havana Bar did get busy at night but we heard zero noise from it all in our cabin. They do check during the day that passengers have Havana armbands to enter the pool area and we actually had one couple begging to use the Havana pool area because it was his birthday. He offered to pay extra, etc and they simply told him "sorry but you had the chance to pay extra when you booked your cabin and ...Happy Birthday"

We are sailing on the Magic in November and I'm already missing my Havana Cabin. We are booked in one on the Panorama in Dec 19 though! IMO they are great cabins but Carnival seems to be recognizing that and pricing them up quite a bit. We got ours on he Vista at a great price as we purchased it prior to the ship sailing...not such a great deal anymore but worth it if you can afford it.

Hi all! I am getting to know the Vista. The Havana balconies look amazing but they don't seem very private. Which would you choose and which would you stay away from? Thanks so much! :)

We loved 7454. Next year had to settle for deck six aft. Booked Halloween again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

My wife and I sailed on the Vista last week and stayed in a Havana Cabana stateroom. It was terrific, the patio area is beautiful- the only people we saw were other Havana passengers walking by or sitting outside. The outdoor pool/spa/bar area is quiet, beautiful and very private- and fun. We had a blast!! Once you go Havana you will not want to sail any other way.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 11/21/2016 at 1:00 AM, LindaLou48 said:

I was on the Vista TA and had a Havana Cabana. I was in cabin 5228 and liked being on the port side and in the middle of the row of cabins. It was far enough away from Red Frog Pub that the noise didn't bother me. Same for being away from the Havana Bar, which had live music every evening. They did play tropical Latin music over the outside PA sometimes in the afternoons. LOVED it! Loved the hammock swing, the lounge chair, the little gate to each cabin. Loved the solitude, the private hot tubs, the bar access, the food in the morning and afternoon at the Havana Bar. I decorated my patio door to help me find my cabin from outside. They do also have the number on a post like an address. While I do prefer the (perceived) privacy you have in a traditional balcony cabin, the pluses for the Cabana style cabin outweighed privacy for me. My group had 3 cabins in the area fairly close together and it was so much fun visiting and enjoying the weather and views from the patios. If I cruise on the Vista again, I can't imagine not having a cabin in the Havana area!

We were on the Vista in the Havana Area.

8 day Southern

Booked 7459 Aft Wrap. LOVED it! SPOILED.

Booked the Horizon next year and same cabin.

8 day ABC cruise.

We walked down and around deck 5 to check out those cabins, I personally would not get one of those cabins.

To me it is not a balcony as you have a walkway and big sheet of glass to peer through.

More of just a "porch/ Patio" feel.

I would do one of the aft facing balconies before those.

Edited by thesmiths
  • Like 1

On 11/22/2016 at 8:56 AM, mrsfuzzmo said:

I've booked a Havana Cabana Cabin for our cruise this January. So excited about this cabin category. I think it looks social, fun and so near the Havana area, that it's going to be well worth it. I would be surprised if the Horizon doesn't have more of this cabin type on its deck plan. They sell out fast, and I haven't heard any complaints about them yet.

We have a Havana Cabana for our January cruise as well. We did this last year and really enjoyed walking out of our room right into the pool area. They also had coffee, juice, and a few breakfast items at the ocean plaza in the mornings. Absolutely love it and I don't mind our patio is open. In fact, we made good friends with the next door cabin. 

• Like 1

We're booked into Havana Cabana 5201 in April on the Vista and we're super excited.  We're four women so we aren't needing a lot of privacy.  Obviously since we're sharing a cabin. LOL.  But the area looks super fun and so it should be a nice time.  Our price was high and have actually gone up in price.  We bought at a higher price because our fifth backed out so we got kicked out of our 3/2 inside cabins. 

• 1 month later...

Thanks everyone for sharing your reviews and experiences with the Havana Cabanas. I booked a cabana deck 5 with the patio for my son's graduation in 2020 on Vista so it will be a family vacation with no privacy expected. lol. I have been seeing everyone's opinions about the privacy of the cabins with the roomy patios, and have stayed in a regular balcony room with the 35" sq foot patio and there really isn't much privacy when your up/down/side neighbors are outside all the time. The only thing is that only boats that pass by can perhaps see in your room if you always keep the shade open. We never keep our shade open even at hotels on the 35th floor. I look forward to making new friends with my cabana neighbors, instead of them just lurking around the balcony divider. 

I am also looking forward to the private pool/hot tub area and think the time is great that it is restricted during certain hours and as well as the age restriction. Some of these cruise kids get wild in the regular pools that make it NOT fun for us that want to chillax. We basically couldn't use the regular pools at all during the day, because it was jammed packed. Anyway .. we usually spend the evenings at dinner or at comedy shows or exploring the ships activities. I noticed during our last cruise, the pools/hot tubs were dead after 8-9PM usually. Also, there's always the serenity spas to hang out in, at night if the havana pool does get crowded. It was also quiet in the evenings . . on most nights. 

Again, hoping to continue to follow this post for more updates on the Havana area.

Edited by DeniD
forgot a detail
  • Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 12:25 PM, happy cruiser1234 said:

We were in 7465 and our friends were in 7467. The dividers did not open. Absolutely loved these Aft Balconies and would do them again in a heart beat!

I have seen in videos that there appears to be back steps up to the Deck 6 aft facing havana cabins that go directly to the havana area.  Do these steps also go to the Deck 7 aft facing havana cabins?  Or would I have to go down to deck 5 and through the bar to get to the Havana area?  Trying to decide between Deck 6 & 7 and the quick looking havana access from deck 6 would make a difference to me.

Thanks!

I booked our upcoming cruise when there were only a handful of Havana Cabanas left. We got 5240 which is next to the Havana Bar so we may be up all night listening to music. I figure it's vacation so we might as well enjoy it and go with the flow!🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TNtravelers said:

I have seen in videos that there appears to be back steps up to the Deck 6 aft facing havana cabins that go directly to the havana area.  Do these steps also go to the Deck 7 aft facing havana cabins?  Or would I have to go down to deck 5 and through the bar to get to the Havana area?  Trying to decide between Deck 6 & 7 and the quick looking havana access from deck 6 would make a difference to me.

Thanks!

There are stairs from the Havana bar that go up to deck 7.  We had friends staying on 7 and we were all on 5 and they just used the stairs to get down to the Havana area.

• Like 1