Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:07 AM.
7 Posts
Joined Sep 2017
Hi Everyone,

I'm cruising on the Sapphire on the 19th December for 11 nights.

I was looking into the Soda and More Drinks Package for the duration of our cruise....I wondered if this includes water/bottled water also? Or if I'd need to purchase the water package also.

Many thanks for your help, this is our first time on Princess and to Asia...any other tips would also me much appreciated
Vermont
4,140 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
No water package available but the water on board is just as good or better than bottled water. The soda and more package is an excellent value.
Cincinnati Ohio
1,119 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
I don't think I've ever seen Princess dispense bottled water on board. The water on the ship is probably produced on board from seawater and is as good as or better than bottled water.
I agree that the package is a great deal. If you drink more than 3 sodas a day it makes sense to get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Your old pal,
Joe

Regal Princess - 2/2017
Regal Princess - 2/2016
Carnival Breeze - 2/2015
Carnival Valor - 3/2013
Crown Princess - 2/2010
Caribbean Princess - 2/2009
Crown Princess - 11/2006
Windjammer Polynesia - 9/2002
Windjammer Flying Cloud -7/1994

239 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
I drank ship water and bought bottles as needed. We also bought some in Puerto Vallarta and in the process went to a Mexican grocery which was fun. We don't get out much, lol.

We always buy the soda package and our MDR waiters always had my husband's soda for him.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
The Big Red Boat October 1984 Honeymoon
Carnival Holiday Summer 1993
Carnival Tropicale Summer 1995
Princess 10 Year Anniversary December 1994
Holland America Rotterdam Mediterranean May/June 2005
Princess Anniversary Feb. 2006
RCCL Adventure of the Seas August 2009
Ruby Princess Christmas 2011
Coral Princess 30th Anniversary Panama Canal October 2014

BC CANADA
772 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
No bottled water nor specialty coffees on the S&m pkg. (I think Celebrity is the only line that includes bottled water) I usually purchase a 6-12 pack of water bottles ahead of time for port days. I drink the ship water on board. I slap a luggage tag on it and it's sent to the cabin with my luggage. But you can also buy it if you prefer. My mom will only drink bottled water.
Now the Nohito was one of my favorite drink on that package along with one that I can't recall the name...sunrise something I think- plus almost any drink could be made virgin style

Sent from my SM-G903W using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past cruises
NCL PEARL- September 25, 2011 Pacific Coastal (5 day)

HAL ZAANDAM- October 23, 2012 Pacific Coastal (4 day)

CELEBRITY CENTURY - August 17, 2014 Alaska Roundtrip (7 days)

CORAL PRINCESS May 2,2015 Alaska Sampler (4 days)

NCL PEARL - September 26 to Oct.1, 2016

Future Cruises

Ruby Princess- October 1 to Oct 7,2017 (6 days)

Emerald Princess- October 4 - 16. 2018 ( 15 night)
Aliso Viejo, CA
41,959 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Originally posted by Carolyn R
No water package available but the water on board is just as good or better than bottled water. The soda and more package is an excellent value.
I agree. If you look at the source of most bottled water, it comes from reservoirs, not fresh mountain streams. The ship's water is actually purer than reservoir bottled water.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-- Pam Email (to be my friend on Facebook, email me. ) PLEASE identify yourself with your Cruise Critic name.

Boston. Strong.

* Me ziplining across Victoria Falls: https://plus.google.com/photos/10147...83463276981969
* Safari photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/1014740...eat=directlink

Upcoming:

Star Princess: 11/14/17 Hawaii

Ruby Princess: 2/26/18 5-day Cabo
Emerald Princess: 4/27/18 12-day Alaska LA <> LA
Regal Princess: 11/1/18 10-day NY > FLL

Royal Princess: 4/27/19 Mexican Riviera
Royal Princess: 5/4/19 CA Coastal LA > Vancouver
239 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Welcome to Princess and Cruise Critic!
The Soda & More does NOT include bottled water.
However, Princess has a great deal on bottled water. You can purchase it AHEAD of your cruise (MUST be purchased ahead) in your Personalizer for $6.90 for 12 (500 ml) bottles. At least that is true on the cruises I have been on recently.....I don't know about Asia?
You can also bring onboard as many non-alcoholic beverages as you would like.
The Soda & More package includes fountain sodas, mocktails and hot chocolate. For me, it's a great deal as I love my Diet Coke! YMMV.
Chico, California
9,698 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Originally posted by Carolyn R

I'm confused. Why no water package? Princess definitely does offer a bottled water package. It has restrictions but the only note about availability doesn't mention Sapphire Princess

Stay hydrated and refreshed throughout your cruise with 12 (500 ml) bottles of water conveniently delivered to your stateroom. Price includes service charge.
For pre-cruise purchase ONLY through Gift Guide or Cruise Personalizer. Package is not currently offered on Sea and Sun Princess or Diamond, Emerald or Golden Princess voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.Item #0526$6.90
for 12 (500 ml) bottles
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Thrak

Not Elite but having fun working on it...

uk
6,617 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Just to confirm, do you not get bottled water on the regular beverage package either?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Grand Princess - Alaska - August 2018
Eclipse - Southern Caribbean - December 2017
Reflection - Western Med - July 2017
Millennium - Hong Kong to Singapore - December 2016
Constellation - Venice to Rome - August 2016
Equinox - Istanbul to Barcelona - August 2015
Equinox - Ultimate Caribbean & Panama - April 2015
Independence - Northern Europe - Oct 2014
Infinity - Iceland & The Faroes - July 2014
Independence - Caribbean - April 2014
Silhouette - Eastern Caribbean - B2B - April 2014
Enchantment - Bahamas. - Aug 2013
Oasis - Western Caribbean - Aug 2013
Solstice - Oz & NZ - Dec 2012
Navigator - Eastern Med - Aug 2012
Brilliance - Norway - Jun 2012
Navigator - Eastern Med - Oct 2011
Caribbean Princess - New England - Aug 2011
Liberty - Med B2B - April 2011
Liberty - Med Western - April 2011
Constellation - Baltics - Aug 2010
Splendour - Med to Venice - April 2010
Radiance - Alaska - Aug 2009
Brilliance - Canaries & Morocco - April 2009
Navigator - Med - May 2008
Brilliance - Venice Med - Aug 2007
pa
7,347 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Originally posted by villauk
Just to confirm, do you not get bottled water on the regular beverage package either?
Bottled water is included in the All Inclusive Beverage Package (AIBP). You have to get it at a bar, room service is excluded from the AIBP.
uk
6,617 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Originally posted by sknight
Bottled water is included in the All Inclusive Beverage Package (AIBP). You have to get it at a bar, room service is excluded from the AIBP.
Thank you, had a little panic then .
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Chico, California
9,698 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Originally posted by sknight
Thank you, had a little panic then .
In addition to "regular" bottled water don't forget you can get Pellegrino with the AIBP. Not convenient for taking ashore but, if you like bottled water, you might want to give it a try.

The drinking water on the ship is significantly "more pure" than the tap water one gets at home. I recently saw an "Ask Marilyn" column where people ask Marilyn vos Savant questions. In this case someone had previously asked about bottled water going bad. The letter she shared had this to say in response:
================
I was formerly director of EPA’s drinking water standards division, and I’m writing to add to your answer to the question on bottled water expiration dates. (July 9, 2017) Bottled waters are usually fairly good quality, but they are not sterile, so they spontaneously grow bacteria while in the bottle on the shelf. The taste could well be related to the bacteria. The bacterial populations cycle and wax and wane over time. The FDA guidance for bacteria in bottled water is <10,000 heterotrophs per millilter (i.e., 10 million per liter). That allows them to be shipped long distances and sit on the shelf for considerable times. Disinfected drinking water at the tap probably has fewer than 10 per milliliter. The heterotrophs are usually not pathogens, but they don’t improve the quality. Most people do not realize that their tap water is often purer than the bottled water they pay for at about 1000 times the price. The taste difference is primarily that the tap water might have some chlorine in it to protect it. That is easily removed by a cheap carbon tap filter. No need to spend a lot of money.

Joseph Cotruvo in Washington, D.C.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Thrak

Not Elite but having fun working on it...

uk
6,617 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Originally posted by Thrak
In addition to "regular" bottled water don't forget you can get Pellegrino with the AIBP. Not convenient for taking ashore but, if you like bottled water, you might want to give it a try.

The drinking water on the ship is significantly "more pure" than the tap water one gets at home. I recently saw an "Ask Marilyn" column where people ask Marilyn vos Savant questions. In this case someone had previously asked about bottled water going bad. The letter she shared had this to say in response:
================
I was formerly director of EPA’s drinking water standards division, and I’m writing to add to your answer to the question on bottled water expiration dates. (July 9, 2017) Bottled waters are usually fairly good quality, but they are not sterile, so they spontaneously grow bacteria while in the bottle on the shelf. The taste could well be related to the bacteria. The bacterial populations cycle and wax and wane over time. The FDA guidance for bacteria in bottled water is <10,000 heterotrophs per millilter (i.e., 10 million per liter). That allows them to be shipped long distances and sit on the shelf for considerable times. Disinfected drinking water at the tap probably has fewer than 10 per milliliter. The heterotrophs are usually not pathogens, but they don’t improve the quality. Most people do not realize that their tap water is often purer than the bottled water they pay for at about 1000 times the price. The taste difference is primarily that the tap water might have some chlorine in it to protect it. That is easily removed by a cheap carbon tap filter. No need to spend a lot of money.

Joseph Cotruvo in Washington, D.C.
Thanks for the added information regarding Pellegrino. We drink the ship's water whilst onboard, but we like bottled water to take with us at port stops.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

BC CANADA
772 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Last i cruised Princess , water bottles included in the alcohol package but not the Soda and More package (non alcoholic)

Sent from my SM-G903W using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past cruises
NCL PEARL- September 25, 2011 Pacific Coastal (5 day)

HAL ZAANDAM- October 23, 2012 Pacific Coastal (4 day)

CELEBRITY CENTURY - August 17, 2014 Alaska Roundtrip (7 days)

CORAL PRINCESS May 2,2015 Alaska Sampler (4 days)

NCL PEARL - September 26 to Oct.1, 2016

Future Cruises

Ruby Princess- October 1 to Oct 7,2017 (6 days)

Emerald Princess- October 4 - 16. 2018 ( 15 night)
7 Posts
Joined Sep 2017
Thanks for everyone's responses.... going to go for the soda and more package sounds like a good deal. Also booked the ultimate balcony dining experience for my birthday on Christmas Eve based on everyone's recommendations on here.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
805 Posts
Joined May 2002
I got soda & more when I sailed last March on Regal. Did not realize was only fountain soda which I do not like so was a waste for me.
13,268 Posts
Joined May 2005
Originally posted by phabric
Going on the Sapphire.

Is the milk shakes included on the Soda and More?
On our recent Scandinavian Crown(aug26th) cruise I happened to be getting an ice cream and I heard the staff member tell a women that this was the first cruise they were no longer offering shakes with that package. I also asked him myself and he said what I over heard was correct.
Toronto On. Canada
6,027 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
Originally posted by land lover
On our recent Scandinavian Crown(aug26th) cruise I happened to be getting an ice cream and I heard the staff member tell a women that this was the first cruise they were no longer offering shakes with that package. I also asked him myself and he said what I over heard was correct.
Thanks, it is nice to know before my cruise.
No Cal
368 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Originally posted by land lover
Same experience in Alaska on the Emerald last month.