What exciting things to I need to know for my very first Neptune Suite!!

kakalina

But you can have a party in your suite, and invite others. Everything will be set up for you, ice buckets, appetizers, hot and cold. We invited 12 once from our roll call, and everyone enjoyed it, watching the fjords of Norway before dinner! Just tell the concierge a day or two ahead of time.

But you can have a party in your suite, and invite others. Everything will be set up for you, ice buckets, appetizers, hot and cold. We invited 12 once from our roll call, and everyone enjoyed it, watching the fjords of Norway before dinner! Just tell the concierge a day or two ahead of time.

And they will supply glasses too ;)

I am in a similar situation- 2 of us in a Neptune. 1 friend paid double for a better private balcony room rather than sleep on our fold out. On the fold out he would get Neptune Perks...in his own room he doesn't.

I was told by HALafter we booked- He could check in and checkout with us. He could get priority tendering with us. Pinnacle Breakfast- Probably not but perhaps. Neptune Lounge- Not. Dinner Reservations with us are no problem.

Definitely a different experience than on our other cruises.

I understand that bringing a gaggle of friends would ruin the others experience, however one solo traveller on the same reservation?

I am in a similar situation- 2 of us in a Neptune. 1 friend paid double for a better private balcony room rather than sleep on our fold out. On the fold out he would get Neptune Perks...in his own room he doesn't.

I was told by HALafter we booked- He could check in and checkout with us. He could get priority tendering with us. Pinnacle Breakfast- Probably not but perhaps. Neptune Lounge- Not. Dinner Reservations with us are no problem.

I understand that bringing a gaggle of friends would ruin the others experience, however one solo traveller on the same reservation?

How does that add up if each Neptune suite added just one more non-paying guest to all Neptune perks?

Our two adult daughters are traveling with us this summer on the Rotterdam. They are in a Vista Suite just down the hall from our Neptune Suite. We are paying for their cabin. I'd love to have them enjoy the same benefits we have but we didn't pay for them to have the same benefits. No Neptune Lounge/unlimited laundry/Pinnacle breakfast for them. I don't even plan on having them check in with us or use priority tendering with us. It would not be fair to all the other travelers.

Non-Paying? We paid more for his private room than we would have with him stuffed into our room.

I get it, there are those who would abuse the system trying to get something for nothing.

Inviting another couple to join you in the Neptune lounge or for breakfast might also be a good way to show off the perks of a suite. Perhaps if the person paying has at least 1 Neptune suite and is paying for another room as well, they should allow the guests of both rooms?

It's such a thinly veiled attempt to make something special that it's laughable. The only real perk I see is a bit more privacy and avoidance of the masses. No complimentary alcohol in the lounge. The breakfast has the same menu in both the MDR and the Grill. Any Private Cocktail Parties will be a skip for us now. We would never leave our friend alone in a bar, while we went off to a party.

Everyone is looking for a different cruise experience and I understand that you "can't please all of the people all of the time".

Comparing the All Inclusive Lines along with the NCL Haven to the Neptune stuff isn't even... well... it isn't even on the same boat! :-P

Non-Paying? We paid more for his private room than we would have with him stuffed into our room.

I get it, there are those who would abuse the system trying to get something for nothing.

Inviting another couple to join you in the Neptune lounge or for breakfast might also be a good way to show off the perks of a suite. Perhaps if the person paying has at least 1 Neptune suite and is paying for another room as well, they should allow the guests of both rooms?

It's such a thinly veiled attempt to make something special that it's laughable. The only real perk I see is a bit more privacy and avoidance of the masses. No complimentary alcohol in the lounge. The breakfast has the same menu in both the MDR and the Grill. Any Private Cocktail Parties will be a skip for us now. We would never leave our friend alone in a bar, while we went off to a party.

Everyone is looking for a different cruise experience and I understand that you "can't please all of the people all of the time".

Comparing the All Inclusive Lines along with the NCL Haven to the Neptune stuff isn't even... well... it isn't even on the same boat! :-P

it is not your job to "market" Neptune suites to your gratuitous friends or relatives. Let HAL do that. Some people pay the Neptune premium to be afforded a higher degree of privacy when they cruise.

You cannot ask them to be put on public display for your non-Neptune friends. Good you found another cruise line that better suits your own needs and expectations. There is a right fit for everyone. HAL is probably not going to work for you.

I was speaking of an opportunity for HAL to show off the Neptune perks etc...I'm not a sales person.....I'm a user! :-)

Smooth Sailing!

Well, you can certainly bring your friend into the Neptune Lounge (just ask the concierge) for a "tour". I have done it on roll call cabin crawls or shown it to other guests if they wanted to see it. The concierges don't mind at all as they too hope it will help "sell" a future booking.

But it's a "look see" only and then out.

It's not intrusive to the others there as it is normally at off hours and they are not there long.

But having them "use" the Neptune Lounge or Pinnacle Grill takes space from the other guests. Both are only so large and can only accommodate so many.

the only things I can add are don't forget to include the Neptune lounge staff when tipping, they are amazing. They know your name the minute you walk in and will do anything and everything to make your trip enjoyable. We leave next Saturday on a 10 day on Zuiderdam, we lucked out and got a aft corner balcony for it and CANNOT WAIT. The biggest problem you will have is when you book your next cruise on Holland. It may be difficult to go back to the SS or balcony's LOL

The problem comes in drawing a line - exactly how many people are allowed - 1 - - 2 - 4 - 10? Plus it is not fair to the HAL crew to have to make these exceptions, which will disappoint some and likely impact their tips.

Just my opinion of course.

Congrats on the great price for a Neptune - well done! One thing others have not mentioned is if you wish to exchange currency, the concierges will take care of it for you. We were on a trans-Atlantic when one of the concierges asked if we had any currency we would like to exchange, and if we wanted the amount in cash, or transferred directly to our onboard account. It saved us time in line at the Front Office, which we really appreciated, because we did not know they provided such a service for us in the Neptune Lounge.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

It was nice to receive our courage and boutonniere for our formal nights. They came for the first formal night, and I just kept them in the cooler for the next one.

This is one perk I didn't tell my husband about for our first Neptune...he's bringing a tux for the gala nights and will be so surprised to see it!

This is one perk I didn't tell my husband about for our first Neptune...he's bringing a tux for the gala nights and will be so surprised to see it!

Every time we've gotten our corsages the pins were tiny and one time they were 1/2" safety pins! I now travel with two corsage pins stuck through a cotton ball.

Also, a previous poster mentioned currency exchange. The easiest thing to remember is that the Neptune Concierge can do anything the Front Desk can do. If you're in a Neptune Suite you should never have to go to the Front Desk for anything. The Neptune Concierge can do all of those things. In fact, every cruise they rotate between the Front Desk and the Neptune Lounge so they all know all of those duties.

It was nice to receive our courage and boutonniere for our formal nights. They came for the first formal night, and I just kept them in the cooler for the next one.

On our recent NA, there was a request card to fill out to see if we wanted them, so they may no longer come automatically. Got to say a boutonniere is not my idea of a "gorgeous corsage" as promised, but then who knows in our uni-sex world what still counts as gender-specific wearable flowers.

They have always been a red and a white single carnation every time we have gotten them. Maybe with the card one can request a boutonniere and a fluffy corsage that is easier to pin onto a woman's garment than the stiff sole carnation. But still they are a bit of fun and agree, they can last either in a glass on the table or the fridge for later use on the next gala night.

On our recent NA, there was a request card to fill out to see if we wanted them, so they may no longer come automatically. Got to say a boutonniere is not my idea of a "gorgeous corsage" as promised, but then who knows in our uni-sex world what still counts as gender-specific wearable flowers.

They have always been a red and a white single carnation every time we have gotten them. Maybe with the card one can request a boutonniere and a fluffy corsage that is easier to pin onto a woman's garment than the stiff sole carnation. But still they are a bit of fun and agree, they can last either in a glass on the table or the fridge for later use on the next gala night.

On our last two cruises, we have gotten cards asking to send them back if we want them. I like them for DH but the carnation usually doesn't work for me. I must remember to bring a better pin next time ;)

But we do save them after and add them to the flower collection ;)

I will be sailing on the Niew Amsterdam next month and am very fortunate to have received a killer deal on a Neptune Suite. :eek:

I will be in cabin 7047 directly across from the Neptune Lounge. I am 5 star so already get the laundry done. What other goodies can I expect?

Are there any secrets it would be good to know. I want to quiver with anticipation. :D

Not sure if you will remember me....I haven't posted for awhile.

But just wanted to wish you a fabulous voyage and it was wonderful to read about your suite choice..how exciting for you enjoy every moment.Best Wishes Colleen

Not sure if you will remember me....I haven't posted for awhile.

But just wanted to wish you a fabulous voyage and it was wonderful to read about your suite choice..how exciting for you enjoy every moment.Best Wishes Colleen

Colleen, of course I do. I always look forward to your posts. Just because I haven't been posting much doesn't mean I am not lurking here and keeping in touch in my own way. :)

It has been a rough two years for me but things improve day by day. Thanks for the good wishes and I am thankful for all my CC friends who have stuck with me. :hearteyes:

Our seas have had a few rough patches the last couple of years as well....a saying has helped me through...

"You can not change the wind but you can always,always adjust your sails"...sail on sister friend .

Colleen

Thank you for that quote, much more lyrical than the one I have often heard:.

Fate is handed to you, destiny is what you choose to do with it.

Thank you both. My favorite that a friend sent to me on a card is:

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. :halo:

That quote is excellent advice.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.