Fight in dining room on Paradise

Someone just posted on another site that there was a huge fight in the dining room this evening aboard the Paradise. Wondering if anyone has details?

I heard the same. Overturned tables and someone with a broken leg. Awaiting Youtube videos for the eye witness experience. LOL

This is terrible. I cannot imagine anything that would cause people having fun to come to blows. I hope the instigator is charged with mayhem and be forced to make little ones out of big ones (rocks) for a long time.

This is terrible. I cannot imagine anything that would cause people having fun to come to blows. I hope the instigator is charged with mayhem and be forced to make little ones out of big ones (rocks) for a long time.

You're familiar with alcohol, right? That can make the best of times turn into fist to cuffs in a minute.

To be fair, I am interested as well, and not from a voyeuristic/gossip standpoint. I am curious about what does happen if such an altercation takes place. Specifically, how does security and the other crew respond to deescalate it and keep the other passengers safe? How much does it escalate before they get involved and how effective is the response? They cannot simply "call the police" like anyone can on land. It would be reassuring to know that, for my own safety, how these are handled if such a thing happens nearby when I am on board. Back in February there was that incident on the Legend which was all over the news, so these things do happen.

But most of us don’t want to see or experience that on our vacation. And I’m sure Alcohol is the root of all this evil

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Best bet then is to not to book your vacation in such close proximity to thousands of other people.

To be fair, I am interested as well, and not from a voyeuristic/gossip standpoint. I am curious about what does happen if such an altercation takes place. Specifically, how does security and the other crew respond to deescalate it and keep the other passengers safe? How much does it escalate before they get involved and how effective is the response? They cannot simply "call the police" like anyone can on land. It would be reassuring to know that, for my own safety, how these are handled if such a thing happens nearby when I am on board. Back in February there was that incident on the Legend which was all over the news, so these things do happen.

The Crew and security responds by sepetating the combatants and also they get either confined to quarters or in more serious cercumstances confined to the brig until next port where they are removed from the ship.

On my first ever Carnival cruise (I think it was the Destiny out of San Juan), a elderly gentleman had paid for a cruise for himself and his wife, their children, and their grandchildren. Two of the older teenage grandsons (cousins) got into an altercation in the elevator lobby. Security responded and confined them to their rooms. In St Thomas, they were put off the ship. The older gentleman was a bit depressed about the whole affair, understandably.

Lots seem to be suspecting too much alcohol. I agree that is likely the culprit, but let's not forget that alcohol doesn't really morph someone into a completely different person - though it seems to with some - but only gives them courage to be the jerk they really are. I, for one, would be in favor of reasonable drink limits on cruise ships. I realize it isn't going to happen though. If only folks had a little more self discipline. Sad.

Lots seem to be suspecting too much alcohol. I agree that is likely the culprit, but let's not forget that alcohol doesn't really morph someone into a completely different person - though it seems to with some - but only gives them courage to be the jerk they really are. I, for one, would be in favor of reasonable drink limits on cruise ships. I realize it isn't going to happen though. If only folks had a little more self discipline. Sad.

Who gets to decide what's "reasonable"?

Agreed. Simply blaming alcohol over-consumption is too simplistic. I could be drunk out of my mind but would still not engage in a fist fight as I am simply not prone to solving problems that way. I find physical altercations very uncomfortable and idiotic. Whereas I am sure there are some whose first thought is to throw a punch.

Who gets to decide what's "reasonable"?

I'll volunteer! ;-) Not that it matters. Carnival is NOT going to turn down revenue. I'd prefer that everyone monitor their own alcohol intake and know when to stop. That probably isn't going to happen either though.

I find physical altercations very uncomfortable and idiotic. Whereas I am sure there are some whose first thought is to throw a punch.

Me too, me too. Especially on a vacation, where you are supposed to be having fun. It makes zero sense on multiple levels. But those prone to doing it have zero sense to begin with, I suppose.

My family and I have been on at least 15 cruises (RC, Carnival and Disney - mostly RC) and we've never seen/heard anything like this. I'm not saying alcohol caused this, but I have seen people under the influence go a little overboard. I know we are small in number, but I'm glad my wife and I decided to stop drinking 15 years ago (not a drop since). We've saved lots of money, calories, etc. In addition, I have more confidence in my own mind in making decisions that I prefer not being under the influence at no time. I can also have lots of fun without being up the influence and the next day I still remember the fun I had the day/night before.

In general, I think adults should be more responsible when they are drinking to not push the limit. I thought that was one of the reason why they are called adults.

Is this "FAKE" news,,,,??:confused::confused:

Apparently. The OP started the thread with "Someone just posted on another site"... without citing details. I checked all the other cruise discussion sites I could find, along with Google... nothing.

Then everyone on this thread (including myself at first) assumes an unsubstantiated rumor must be true, and then starts bashing the quality of passengers on CCL.

I would say this thread is guilty of being fake, until proven innocent.

Someone on a Carnival FB group posted about the fight, saying they witnessed it last night. Then in a John Heald post this morning, another person copied and pasted the witnesses post as a reply to Heald.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Someone on a Carnival FB group posted about the fight

I don't give much credibility to things people post on FB. For example, here is a news headline (real news which you can acutally google for yourself)

Facebook deleted 583 million fake accounts in the first three months of 2018