Forward Deck Plans for Decks 14, 15

vtcruising

I found these deck plans today. They show the Spa, Fitness Center, Relaxation Room and Thermal Suites. I don’t see anything labeled as Persian Garden yet - maybe it is the Thermal Suites area. Also, maybe this isn’t the final version.

90cbe520ac2b7caff2725eca750bf710.jpg

Great find.. thanks for sharing. You are a great researcher!

I believe "thermal suites" were what the PG steam and sauna area was orig called on Royal C...maybe still using that name for both Royal and X as the two are clearly now blended... have not been on Royal in awhile...last on Oasis which was not our style...it did have a nice spa but I did not look for thermal suites....spent most time at the aft outdoor Adult Solarium

Glad to see some treatment rooms face the sea...looking for a possible true T pool......????

Wondering if they will eliminate the free dry sauna from men's and ladies' changing/ locker rooms... they are great on S class...beautiful views of the sea!

Great find.. thanks for sharing. You are a great researcher!

I believe "thermal suites" were what the PG steam and sauna area was orig called on Royal C...maybe still using that name for both Royal and X as the two are clearly now blended... have not been on Royal in awhile...last on Oasis which was not our style...it did have a nice spa but I did not look for thermal suites....spent most time at the aft outdoor Adult Solarium

Glad to see some treatment rooms face the sea...looking for a possible true T pool......????

Wondering if they will eliminate the free dry sauna from men's and ladies' changing/ locker rooms... they are great on S class...beautiful views of the sea!

Good observations! Does it look like some of the thermal suites have an ocean view? Is that possible?

Let us hope we're not seeing all the details yet - like the saunas in the dressing areas. BUT, this design means the gloom and doom prediction of a particular poster will come true - no front facing observation lounge open to all :( That will be a BIG disappointment to many. Guess everyone will just have to jump on treadmills when entering ports:D

Kind of hard to make out, but it looks like they may have put some treadmills on the deck directly above the Relaxation Room. Having been in a Suite on NCL directly below the gym treadmills and near the free weights - not relaxing at all from early morning until late at night. They've got to rethink that layout!

Good call... Relacation Room .not only moved from the beautiful vista view but with treadmills above..,how silly., Do the designers of these spaces ever actually go on real ships?

Looks like they had the same people who created a complete lack of usable storage for the M class in their 4 bazillion dollar remodel(no sense of what is really needed on a CRUISE SHIP) take a crack at a gym/spa design, without consulting any cruiser who have ever been in the gym or spa!:mad:

I found these deck plans today. They show the Spa, Fitness Center, Relaxation Room and Thermal Suites. I don’t see anything labeled as Persian Garden yet - maybe it is the Thermal Suites area. Also, maybe this isn’t the final version.

90cbe520ac2b7caff2725eca750bf710.jpg

It is the final version. X has already uploaded this deck plan to the rccl sales celebrity webpage. 😊 Page 2:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Deck_Plans_Staterooms/Edge_Deckplans.pdf

Edited by C-Dragons

It is the final version. X has already uploaded this deck plan to the rccl sales celebrity webpage. 😊 Page 2:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Deck_Plans_Staterooms/Edge_Deckplans.pdf

Yes, I saw this brochure, but when I saw the sentence at the top of page 2 about updates throughout 2017 I wondered if it was an earlier rendition so didn’t want to be definitive on CC. :)

Thanks for clarifying.

I see no saunas! Booooo!

There will be. They will be located in the Thermal Suite area and will be coed. You can see the shape of them. I'm guessing two types of saunas and one steam room from the looks of it.

Disappointed that there is no observation lounge, but I'm sure they figure Eden is taking the place of the Sky Lounge, just like the aft Two70 lounge took the place of the Viking Crown on the Quantum Class.

Disappointed that there is no observation lounge, but I'm sure they figure Eden is taking the place of the Sky Lounge, just like the aft Two70 lounge took the place of the Viking Crown on the Quantum Class.

I agree that Eden is the substitute. It will have beautiful views, I think, but not the same as a forward observation lounge. We will be in suite on first cruises so will have access to the Retreat, but probably won’t pay that price in the future. Will see if we miss the forward observation area in non- suite - I’m sure it will be missed by many. The Edge won’t work for everyone, I guess.

I agree that Eden is the substitute. It will have beautiful views, I think, but not the same as a forward observation lounge. We will be in suite on first cruises so will have access to the Retreat, but probably won’t pay that price in the future. Will see if we miss the forward observation area in non- suite - I’m sure it will be missed by many. The Edge won’t work for everyone, I guess.

I do work out everyday, especially on a cruise where the gym has great views, so I'll have to get my forward facing fix from the gym.

They could have moved the Retreat Lounge (make it an Obervation Lounge) forward then move part of the Fitness Center to the back where the Retreat Lounge is.

There will be. They will be located in the Thermal Suite area and will be coed. You can see the shape of them. I'm guessing two types of saunas and one steam room from the looks of it.

Probably was referring to the free saunas in the men's and women's dressing areas in every Celebrity ship - not the fee-based saunas in the Thermal Suite. Removing those would be another step backward. :(

Yes I was referring to the Free saunas. It’s definitely a downgrade if there aren’t any

Frankly, I’m seeing less and less I like about Edge. Eden is no substitute for a forward facing Lounge (unless they plan on backing in to any scenic areas🙄)

Probably was referring to the free saunas in the men's and women's dressing areas in every Celebrity ship - not the fee-based saunas in the Thermal Suite. Removing those would be another step backward. :(

My guess is those are history. Free steam and sauna seem to be a thing of the past, on pretty much all new ships that fall within the mass-market and so-called premium lines.

There might be one in the ladies and gents changing room that is not labeled.

More surprising to me is no restrooms in the gym. I wonder if you will be permitted to use the changing rooms in the spa a deck lower?

I’ve raised the question of restrooms before but see if I’m correct according to what has now been revealed

Deck 16

Retreat Pool —- restrooms on this level (possibly restricted acess via a key card????)

Deck 15

Fitness Center

Retreat Lounge and Deck — no restrooms on this level????

Deck 14

Spa and Salon —restrooms on this level poolside — presumably more in the changing rooms????

Deck 12

Luminae — no restrooms on this level

DOES ANYONE ELSE SEE PROBLEMS HERE?:confused:

I wonder if this is being done purposely to encourage people to return to their cabin to use the facilities. I’ve noticed during the lifeboat drills lately on any number of cruise lines they recommend not using public facilities to help prevent spreading norovirus.

I’ve raised the question of restrooms before but see if I’m correct according to what has now been revealed

Deck 16

Retreat Pool —- restrooms on this level (possibly restricted acess via a key card????)

Deck 15

Fitness Center

Retreat Lounge and Deck — no restrooms on this level????

Deck 14

Spa and Salon —restrooms on this level poolside — presumably more in the changing rooms????

Deck 12

Luminae — no restrooms on this level

DOES ANYONE ELSE SEE PROBLEMS HERE?:confused:

It depends! ;) (pun intended)

Seriously, it is a bit disconcerting.

I wonder if this is being done purposely to encourage people to return to their cabin to use the facilities. I’ve noticed during the lifeboat drills lately on any number of cruise lines they recommend not using public facilities to help prevent spreading norovirus.

I guess if that were true they would assume that people have better hygiene techniques in their cabins vs public restrooms? All you need is one or two people who don't wash up (public or private) and then handle food at the buffet. Then norovirus gets to spread.