Sofa Bed in Suites

My family and I were just in a Star Loft on the Allure. I slept on the sofa bed. While the comforter was nice, there was no fitted sheet, and the couch was as hard as a rock. Very uncomfortable, but for a kid, no big deal.

I'm really bummed to hear this. I've only cruised Disney before and their sofa beds are very comfortable. I'm booked on my first RC cruise on the Allure in a junior suite with 2 other adults that are older than me so I'm likely to get stuck with the sofa bed. :(

I'm really bummed to hear this. I've only cruised Disney before and their sofa beds are very comfortable. I'm booked on my first RC cruise on the Allure in a junior suite with 2 other adults that are older than me so I'm likely to get stuck with the sofa bed. :(

Not sure on JS, but we had a balcony with a sofa bed and a bunk bed that came down from the ceiling. The bunk was much more comfortable than the sofa (my younger son slept in the bunk), and was even softer than the standard bed. Not sure if they are available, or if you would even want to climb up or not.

I will be in a grand suite next month with family and will be sleeping on the sofa bed. I've been thinking about buying a mattress pad or something to take with me to make it more comfortable. I just have to make sure I have enough room in my luggage for it. :D

Depends on the ship and on the cabin/suite.My 19 yr old Daughter shared the sofa bed with her grandmother in a GS on the Radiance because her grandmother thought the sofa was more comfortable than the bed. We had the suite next door and my 12 yr old daughter asked if they could put an extra topper on the sofa .Which they did and she said it was very comfortable then.

I slept on the sofa bed on Liberty in January in an owner suite then a grand suite the next week and it was fine. I do recommend that you bring an eye cover for the owner suite as the light from the bathroom goes directly into your eyes while sleeping.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you all very much! I'll try to get them to put some extra "padding" on it or possibly bring something like another poster mentioned. DD (7) & I will be sharing the sofa bed in an aquatheatre suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your stateroom attendant can put an eggshell topper on your sofa bed when he/she is making it up. Request this upfront when you first see them. I find the sofa bed to be very comfortable this way.
I was under the I impression that had stopped this on most ships.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

I will be in a grand suite next month with family and will be sleeping on the sofa bed. I've been thinking about buying a mattress pad or something to take with me to make it more comfortable. I just have to make sure I have enough room in my luggage for it. :D

Bring a inflatable pad with you. You won't regret it.