Gift Exchanging Among Passengers?

svcalum07

Hi Everyone! I'm new to sailing on Princess (3x on Disney,) and will be traveling to Alaska next summer. I was interested in finding out if Princess participates in any sort of gift exchange (called Fish Extender on DCL,) on their ships?

So far no one has posted on the trip roll call but didn't know if this was something that Princess passengers participate in or not??

Thanks for your help!

At the last M&G I organized, RC members planning to attend were encouraged to bring a little something that represented their hometown or home state. We had all present put their names in a "hat" for these door prizes. All could participate whether they brought a gift or not. Seemed to work well and all enjoyed it. Really wasn't much extra effort on my part other than periodically reminding RC folks to find and bring an item and having some slips of paper & pens handy. And a hat of course!!

On our Hawaiian Cruises out of San Francisco RT, I will do a Hawaiian Novelty Gift Exchange on our return. Items are purchased in the Islands during your visit and the limit is ten dollars. We also invite the Ship's Officers and the Hawaiian Ambassadors to join in. It's held on the second or third day on the return portion up in the One5 Lounge/Nightclub. So when I make a request from the Princess Onboard Services Rep. I will ask for two dates for our Meet & Greets and one being the Hawaiian Novelty Gift Exchange. Some items exchanged were, Bobbing Hula Girls, Grass Skirt, Coconut Bras, Toy Ukulele, Hawaiian motifs Shot Glasses, Macadamia Chocolate Nuts, Hawaiian Salts, Three Flavors of Jams(mango-papaya-gauva), Sarong, Hawaiian Chocolate Bars, Hawaiian Chocolate Cover Cookies/in a Tin, Two Flavors of Spam, Spam Cook Book, Beach Towels, Hawaiian Bone Fish Hook Necklace, and Ono Fish Chips with Furikake, make only from Hawaii. We have a BLAST and one guy put on his Coconut Bra and the place went crazy. A few drinks did help. Also, after the first Meet & Greet, I will hand out 3x5 cards with a reminder of our Hawaiian Novelty Gift Exchange for them to put on their mirror. It works... Our 4th Hawaiian Cruise is in October. Mahalo!

The Meet and Greet gift exchange is nothing like the DCL fish extender. At the Meet and Greet each person usually brings one small gift and there is some sort of exchange organized. The fish extender concept is unique to DCL.

Thanks for the post! I was hoping they did something like DCL's fish extenders but I'll settle for whatever :) I created a roll call for my cruise but no one has joined it yet. I didn't know if there was a link on FB that would have a roll call too?

Out of all of our roll call meet and greets, only one included a gift exchange. If there were another gift exchange, I'd probably choose not to participate

heavens no, i agree with you.. We do not go to meet and greet either but a gift exchange would definitely not work for me. lol

Thanks for the post! I was hoping they did something like DCL's fish extenders but I'll settle for whatever :) I created a roll call for my cruise but no one has joined it yet. I didn't know if there was a link on FB that would have a roll call too?

definitely nothing similar to the fish extenders on DCL. (I still have some of the FE in my closet that we made for our cruises). Agree with other posts- the only times we have participated with Gift exchange was over holiday cruise. my last few PCL roll calls have been very quiet

Cruise line passengers are extremely privileged. Why not get together and contribute to a gift of support for one the local mission agencies or development charities at a port of one of the desperately poor countries (e.g. Dominican Republic and Haiti) the cruise ship visits? In these countries, for many, the daily wage is just a couple dollars. Its not difficult to make a difference to somebody's life.