Carnival Clue game- did you participate?

gotscrapz

I will be cruising with my 15 year old and I was thinking this might be a fun way to torture her as something we can do together ...any do it?

Is a self guided activity? How does it begin etc?

Thank you!

It happens during revenue earning activities, my hopes of having fun with it were ruined after the first event. There will be plenty of fun things though.

Would you mind explaining what happened? Thank you.

We were excited for this as well since we like the game Clue. However after going to the first event and found out you have to keep going back to all of their other events, it killed it for us so we didn't play. We have other things we can be doing on the ship rather than sitting around for each of their events for a 'clue'.

We were excited for this as well since we like the game Clue. However after going to the first event and found out you have to keep going back to all of their other events, it killed it for us so we didn't play. We have other things we can be doing on the ship rather than sitting around for each of their events for a 'clue'.

Same. I thought it was really cool in 2016 the first time I saw it on Funtimes. We went to the initial event but after sitting thru a show we didn't want to see to get the next clue, we gave up. That was only a 4 day cruise. I can imagine it was more annoying on the longer sailings we've done since so we never tried again.

I thought it was self guided too. That would be more fun!

Instead of Carnival Clue, make your own Photograph Scavenger Hunt.

You can do a smaller list and have a limited time frame ( 30 - 1 hour) or a longer list for the entire cruise, including things you might see on your stops.

Just got off the Sunshine yesterday. We played the Murder Mystery Clue game. We had a lot of fun with it. First time we met, we got all the information for the game and our first clues. Throughout the week, we either met with the characters for the next clue or there were puzzles on paper giving clues. Once is was during bingo. It was the third time we've played the game while sailing.

There was no recap at the end. All in all, it was a fun activity. Oh, by the way, I won!!

Perhaps it has changed since I tried it a couple of years ago ?

I was also one of the disappointed people. I went to the first event and when I realized that you had to go to all the other shows/bingo etc to get clues , I gave it up. I thought it would be more like the murder mystery game I have played in other places but it wasn't.

Perhaps it has changed since I tried it a couple of years ago ?

I was also one of the disappointed people. I went to the first event and when I realized that you had to go to all the other shows/bingo etc to get clues , I gave it up. I thought it would be more like the murder mystery game I have played in other places but it wasn't.

Just as you remembered it. Same on the Splendor last month.

• 3 months later...

The game is fun to play and doesn’t require too much of a time commitment after the initial show. The game is easy to play. Most people who play will get the answer right, assuming they obtain all the clues. Every time I have participated the winner was picked out of a box from all the correct answers/solution. So you can’t win the game without being lucky.

We've tried to play every cruise that I've been on since 2016. But once we miss a scheduled clue reveal due to conflicts with other activities or port times we tend to give up.

The kick off event is a nice cute skit that takes about 25-30 minutes and you think it would be the same format for the rest of the clues but it's not.

What they will do is a small 5 minute story featuring 2 of the "characters" to reveal what weapon and location it wasn't. The bad part is they do this either during the "warm-up" to or in the middle of another activity, like bingo, The FunFinds shopping talk, or the CD's morning show. Even on a 2 week long Journeys cruise once a reveal is done they don't repeat it nor recap it, not even on the rerun of the CD's morning show where a set of clues is revealed on the ship's TV channel (they edit it out).

For the amount of effort needed to attend all the clue reveals the prize is a pittance. For the winning cabin the adult's get to split a bottle of the "Chateau du DoDo" house champagne, a plate of chocolate covered strawberries, while the kids can fight over a ship on a stick, a winner's ribbon, and who has first pick off of the Hasbro.com gift card. The only part of the prize pack with real worth, the $100+ Hasbro gc, can also be won by being the big winner at the Hasbro Game show (usually done twice on a 6+ day cruise). That takes only a 30-45 minutes and even if not participating in it is fun to watch.