New Room Service Menu

tinsoldier

Just had email from P&O regarding the new room service menu:

We look forward to welcoming you on board for a fantastic holiday. Before you join us, we wish to make you aware of the introduction of a new room service menu, which will be available to you on board.

Designed to bring you greater flexibility and more options for casual dining, the new menu features both British and global classics plus a range of healthy options, snacks and desserts. While the majority of items are chargeable, room service will continue to offer excellent value with small plates from just £1.25 and large plates (main meals) at £4.75 – all delivered to your door for no additional service charge. Continental breakfast (plus an additional hot breakfast option*) is still included in your holiday price – great for that long lie in you’ve been promising yourself.

The new menu will be introduced across the fleet* between May and July 2017 so you could be amongst the first to try our new dishes.

We wish you a lovely time on board and hope the enhanced service will add an extra sense of indulgence to the occasional breakfast in bed, relaxed lunch or cosy night in.

*Please note that while Oriana’s menu will be similarly enhanced, the dishes on offer will vary as her galley operations allow for provision of cold dishes only.

While the menu has been expanded. With the exception of breakfast everything is now chargeable.

PDF copies are now available from the P&O website. Link

The new menu applies on the following dates.

Aurora 13 May 2017 R705

Ventura 31 May 2017 N713

Oriana 5 June 2017 X710

Oceana 8 June 2017 E709

Adonia 15 June 2017 D708P

Arcadia 18 June 2017 J707

Azura 30 June 2017 A717

Britannia 22 July 2017 B721

Edited by chris11256

While the menu has been expanded. With the exception of breakfast everything is now chargeable.

PDF copies are now available from the P&O website. Link

The new menu applies on the following dates.

Aurora 13 May 2017 R705

Ventura 31 May 2017 N713

Oriana 5 June 2017 X710

Oceana 8 June 2017 E709

Adonia 15 June 2017 D708P

Arcadia 18 June 2017 J707

Azura 30 June 2017 A717

Britannia 22 July 2017 B721

The link is to the old menu. If you go to the following link, look under the launch dates for each ship and you then have links to the new Room Service menus.

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/example_menu

The Warm Cumberland Sausage, Bacon and Tomato Panini for breakfast (which I think will still be free) sounds good.

We usually only have room service breakfast when we have an early excursion so this will be perfect, but otherwise will not bother to pay extra for food - It is a good thing that my youngest son it not coming with us on our next cruise as he ordered from room service quite a lot.

Edited by mandylennon

Just got our e-mail today. Yes it does appear that breakfast is now all you can have without a charge.

A bit cheeky to move goal posts after people have booked imo. I know the charges are not prohibitive but it is the fact that they make a one sided change that is a little annoying.

How does it represent "excellent value" when some of it was previously included in the price you paid for the cruise?

The Warm Cumberland Sausage, Bacon and Tomato Panini for breakfast (which I think will still be free) sounds good.

We usually only have room service breakfast when we have an early excursion so this will be perfect, but otherwise will not bother to pay extra for food - It is a good thing that my youngest son it not coming with us on our next cruise as he ordered from room service quite a lot.

Yes I think the hot sausage, bacon & tomato panini will be very popular with room service breakfast, just a pity it won't be on Azura until after our May cruise.

I take it suite passengers won't have to pay the charge given they didn't before?

I like the look of the new menu, far more choice.yes the charges seem to have gone up but so have some of the select dining restaurants in recent years. Plus you can have your own drinks in your cabin.

Suite passengers can order anything from the main restaurant breakfast menu so they wouldn't need to order from the Room Service Menu but yes, when we've had a suite we've never been charged for chargeable items from Room Service providing we order them through the Butler.

I think the new Room Service Menu is a great improvement on the variety of items offered even if most of them incur a cost. We have a long cruise coming up next year and it's good to see there are more options on the menu.

I have to say that without breakfast the Butler has brought in all our cruising we have only ever used room service, for food, 3/4 times. OK we may not pay when in a suite but we still do not use room service or Butler service for food.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I think the old room service menu was very poor, this new one is much better. I know some may not like the non-breakfast item charges but provided the quality of the food is good, I will happily pay on the odd occasions I use it. I just hope it doesn't increase usage greatly and become unmanageable and that those who give a small tip when it is brought to the cabin, continue to do so despite the charge for food (but still not for delivery).

I think you are looking at the current menu and not the new one which is certainly different.

https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/AU_AZ_BR_OC_VE_service.pdf

? First page is all the old items but chargable. The 2nd is new stuff they are wanting £4.75 for per dish. Its all chargable not "the majority" meaning his statement is misleading.

I just posted to the other thread that all but the Breakfast was chargeable.

There are some nice looking things on it but I've never ordered room service and I doubt I will start now.

We much rather head to the buffet and take things back with us.

Just got our e-mail today. Yes it does appear that breakfast is now all you can have without a charge.

A bit cheeky to move goal posts after people have booked imo. I know the charges are not prohibitive but it is the fact that they make a one sided change that is a little annoying.

How does it represent "excellent value" when some of it was previously included in the price you paid for the cruise?

I agree.

I don't object to having a new menu, and if there are new additions which have to be paid for that's great - there is a choice.

Even if P&O decide to start applying a charge for all room service food I'm ok with that - I suppose they have to recoup the costs of 'keeping prices down' some how and I'd rather they do it this way than keep cutting the quality back (remember the 'unbundling' observation Carpec made? This is another example).

What I do object to is the fact that you book a future cruise on an advertised basis which then changes. I would think this is a breach of contract and as such anyone who has pre booked a cruise before these changes were announced would be entitled to have all room service charges refunded to their account at the end of the cruise.

Fortunately as we have found an excuse to book a suite (husbands 50th) it won't apply to us (unless they change that too!) but if it did I would be contacting P&O on a matter of principle. The door can't always swing one way! We do use room service quite often.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree.

I don't object to having a new menu, and if there are new additions which have to be paid for that's great - there is a choice.

Even if P&O decide to start applying a charge for all room service food I'm ok with that - I suppose they have to recoup the costs of 'keeping prices down' some how and I'd rather they do it this way than keep cutting the quality back (remember the 'unbundling' observation Carpec made? This is another example).

What I do object to is the fact that you book a future cruise on an advertised basis which then changes. I would think this is a breach of contract and as such anyone who has pre booked a cruise before these changes were announced would be entitled to have all room service charges refunded to their account at the end of the cruise.

Fortunately as we have found an excuse to book a suite (husbands 50th) it won't apply to us (unless they change that too!) but if it did I would be contacting P&O on a matter of principle. The door can't always swing one way! We do use room service quite often.

Whilst I agree about altering the room service pricing arrangements, P&O, like virtually every holiday company/cruise line/air line have a clause in their t&c's allowing them to change virtually everything in the brochure, should they so wish.

Whilst I agree about altering the room service pricing arrangements, P&O, like virtually every holiday company/cruise line/air line have a clause in their t&c's allowing them to change virtually everything in the brochure, should they so wish.

There has to be a limit when it comes to extra charges otherwise we could board and they could say they want £100 for the electricity. I do t think P&O would charge if an objection was made on a contractual basis.

There was an article in the press last week about someone taking BA to court over the removal of free food and drink.

BA had offered some money back, but only about £3.50 per person (he had booked about 8 people). Whereas he wanted about £100 per person, based it seemed on ordering everything off the menu.

By offering something BA were obviously not confident their T&C's would hold up.