Can you combine the $50 per port excursion credit with Lattitudes 10% diccount?

Lydia B.

we have choose the excursion credit and speciality dining package for our two free at sea promos.

With our lattitudes perk we get 10% off excursions. Can the two be combined someway? E.G. would we get $55 credit?

Thanks.

We just did it last week. First you get the 10% off, then you get the $50 credit.

Ours was:

$425 for a cabana on GSC

15% off for Platinum plus brought it down to $361.25

then the $50 was applied after the excursion which brought it down to $311.25.

The good thing with a cabana is that the whole thing was charged to me(the only one in the group who was Plat plus) allowing the 15% to come off the entire excursion price.

we have choose the excursion credit and speciality dining package for our two free at sea promos.

With our lattitudes perk we get 10% off excursions. Can the two be combined someway? E.G. would we get $55 credit?

Thanks.

Yes and no.

You can combine them, but it doesn't work like you think. If the excursion costs $80 you get 10% off so your cost is $72, then you apply the $50 credit so the excursion costs you $22.

Yes and no.

You can combine them, but it doesn't work like you think. If the excursion costs $80 you get 10% off so your cost is $72, then you apply the $50 credit so the excursion costs you $22.

The excursion credit is per CABIN, not per passenger.

So, excursion costs $80pp. Less 10% for Platinums. Then $50 is credited to onboard account as non refundable credit to spend onboard.

If you call ShoreEx to book the excursion without payment, and have it billed to your onboard account, there is a very high probability that the platinum discount will not be applied to the bill. It is easily fixed by going to the shore ex desk. We do this several times a year and have never had our discount correctly applied.

If you call ShoreEx to book the excursion without payment, and have it billed to your onboard account, there is a very high probability that the platinum discount will not be applied to the bill. It is easily fixed by going to the shore ex desk. We do this several times a year and have never had our discount correctly applied.

When I called ShoreEx to book the excursions for our last cruise the platinum discount had been applied when we got on board. So maybe the key is to tell the agent your Latitudes status when booking.

Want to mention that we booked on excurion on board via the Interactive TV and the Latitudes discount did not automatically apply. We went to ShoreEx and they applied it afterward. So be sure to check on your discounts on your account for anyhting you book via the TV for ShoreEx.

• 3 months later...

Thanks.

yes you can or at least we did on our Bermuda cruise. Just remember the $50 is only per cabin, not per person. It still combined with the 15% discount for being platinum plus makes it more likely we will book with NCL than in the past when we booked mostly private tours.

When I called ShoreEx to book the excursions for our last cruise the platinum discount had been applied when we got on board. So maybe the key is to tell the agent your Latitudes status when booking.

Just off the Pearl and noticed our shore excursions were charged at full price. However, we went to Shore Excursions desk and they quickly applied it. However, I went with just my card and they could not do my husbands charges without his card. So watch your account and be sure to take all cards to the desk for the discount.

So can you call and book excursions and then not pay for them until onboard? Sailing on Bliss in January.

So can you call and book excursions and then not pay for them until onboard? Sailing on Bliss in January.

Yes. There seem to be 3 ways to book your excursions:

1. Book them online yourself. If you get any kind of Latitude discount it will be applied when you checkout. You will immediately be billed on your credit card for the excursions. If you are "entitled" to a $50 shore ex credit it will be applied after your excursion to your onboard account as refundable obc.

2. Call NCL and book excursion. You will probably need to go to the shore ex desk onboard to get your Latitude discount applied if the agent you speak with doesn't do it for you by phone, and the excursion is billed to your onboard account. $50 perk is also applied onboard when excursion is done. (but don't know if it is refundable or non-refundable obc then)

3. Wait until you are onboard to book excursion. ( if your heart is set on an excursion it may be sold out if it is popular) Then the same as #2 applies.

Yes. There seem to be 3 ways to book your excursions:

1. Book them online yourself. If you get any kind of Latitude discount it will be applied when you checkout. You will immediately be billed on your credit card for the excursions. If you are "entitled" to a $50 shore ex credit it will be applied after your excursion to your onboard account as refundable obc.

2. Call NCL and book excursion. You will probably need to go to the shore ex desk onboard to get your Latitude discount applied if the agent you speak with doesn't do it for you by phone, and the excursion is billed to your onboard account. $50 perk is also applied onboard when excursion is done. (but don't know if it is refundable or non-refundable obc then)

3. Wait until you are onboard to book excursion. ( if your heart is set on an excursion it may be sold out if it is popular) Then the same as #2 applies.

Great! My next question is if I booked with a TA can I call NCL Shorex or does the TA have to call? Thanks for the info.

Great! My next question is if I booked with a TA can I call NCL Shorex or does the TA have to call? Thanks for the info.

As long as you have the booking # you can call. We always book directly through NCL, but friends book through TA and do shore ex themselves.

Once booking by phone for the credit ( thus not yet paid) do the excursions show up on the “my NCL” account?

Yes

But booking without prepayment is supposed to be limited to those with the Free at Sea and/or Distinctive Voyages ShoreEx promotiotions.

Yes

But booking without prepayment is supposed to be limited to those with the Free at Sea and/or Distinctive Voyages ShoreEx promotiotions.

Thanks, I’m unfamiliar with the site and couldn’t find my reservations yesterday...I now see that they are listed under the ports.