Some images from Noordam March 1 cruise

tpwolfe

Here are some pages of images from my wife and I cruise on the Noordam from March 1-22, 2013. I put a booklet together of each of our cruises and here are some of the pages for this booklet. I will be adding more later.

Love the presentation. Would you might revealing the software you use to put it together so? Or, is this of your own doing? Either way, I very much like the presentation.

Doing it myself with Photoshop Elements 11. Thanks for your kind words.

Thank you. It's been fun reliving the cruise putting the pages together. Almost done. I think I have another 5 to 10 pages to go.

Sorry I was on my wife's computer when I posted this.

Outstanding images. Please share your snorkel locations/tour companies on each of the islands. We will be hitting most of these islands next year. Thanks for sharing your images.:D

Here is the places we snorkeled on our trip.

In the Dominican Republic we went to Cayenas del Mar Beach Club. They picked us up at the pier and bought us back for $18.00 a person. That included a chair and 2 drinks (Beer, water, etc.). The reef was fine but there was a good amount of trash in the water. We were the only ones there that day. There was 2 other couple who signed up to go but they didn’t show up. We booked this on our own.

In Curacao we went to Blue Bay resort. It was a beautiful resort and the snorkeling was just OK. When you enter the water go to the left for the best snorkeling. I did see a sea horse in the wild there for the first time. One problem I had with the beach is they allow smoking and people were using the beach as a ashtray and there were cigarette butts everywhere. When we go back to Curacao we are going to try the Dive Bus site. They have a reef across the street from there building and they charge $5.00 a person to use their facility (restroom, locker, etc) if you spend $25.00 at their ship it’s free. Their reef is Pierbaai Reef.

In Bonaire is our favorite place to snorkel. We walked down (about a 20 minute walk) to the Plaza Resort to snorkel. The best place we have found for a cheap day of snorkeling. The cost was $5.00 a person to use their facilities, beach and chair. You walk into the water the reef is right there. Just keep going left and you will see more fish. We found there are more fish in the morning then afternoon and also it get’s more crowded in the afternoon. You can also take a taxi to Plaza Resort if you want.

In Barbados we took a ship tour. We did the 5 star Catamaran & turtle encounter. I think it was $119.00 a person for 5 hours and lunch was included. It was a nice tour but way to crowded. There were 74 people on the excursion. When we got to where the turtles were it was like a 5 year old soccer game and the turtles was the ball. Everyone swimming and crowding around the turtles made them hard to see. So I was thinking if the turtle swam in they are going to swim out so I stayed outside the mess and had turtle swim right by me without no one else around. Then we went to a beach and snorkeled off the beach for about 45 minutes. Nice excursion other then too many people.

In Dominica we booked this on our own and did Bumpiing with Levi Barron. We did this tour in 2011 and enjoyed so much we did it again. The cost was $47.00 a person for about 5 hours. We snorkeled Champagne Reef where you can swim in bubbles coming up from the ocean floor. Then we went to Tutou Gorge and Trafalgar Falls. This tour is well worth the money and Levi Barron does a great job.

In St. Thomas we did a ship excursion Castaway Ship Wreck Cove Sail & Snorkel for $59.00 a person. We did this tour because I wanted to go to Buck island to snorkel. It was a nice excursion but it said you would have 1 ½ hours of snorkel but we only got about 45 minutes to an hour. This tour you snorkel from the boat. I didn’t see anyone snorkeling from shore. The Castaway Girl crew was very nice and entertaining and I would book it again.

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived