Current e-mail regarding upsells

We are one of the many who received the recent e-mail offer to upgrade to a junior suite for a price. We did put ourselves on the list, but I'm curious if anyone has actually gotten a call to upgrade. We have been keeping our phones nearby so we don't miss the call. Are we waiting in vain?

We are one of the many who received the recent e-mail offer to upgrade to a junior suite for a price. We did put ourselves on the list, but I'm curious if anyone has actually gotten a call to upgrade. We have been keeping our phones nearby so we don't miss the call. Are we waiting in vain?

It seems like the whole process would be so much easier if once you agreed to the email they put you on the list and then automatically did the upgrade if you were the lucky one chosen and charged you the amount you agreed to. That way people would not have to be running for the phone every time it rings etc...

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping someone like @Host Clarea can answer this. I just got the email asking if I want to be on the list to upgrade to a Junior suite for the Explorer Alaska cruise I have booked for June. The price to upgrade is $500. We have three of us in our current balcony stateroom, but that room is an aft cabin on deck 10, Cabin 1690. Trying to decide if we get on the list so we could have more space inside the room for the three of us, but would likely give up a lot of deck area.

Also--it says they call. Does that mean when they call I can tell them I decided to NOT upgrade and just stay with the aft cabin we currently have?

I would like the double credits..................... but that deck.............

Hoping someone like @Host Clarea can answer this. I just got the email asking if I want to be on the list to upgrade to a Junior suite for the Explorer Alaska cruise I have booked for June. The price to upgrade is $500. We have three of us in our current balcony stateroom, but that room is an aft cabin on deck 10, Cabin 1690. Trying to decide if we get on the list so we could have more space inside the room for the three of us, but would likely give up a lot of deck area.

Also--it says they call. Does that mean when they call I can tell them I decided to NOT upgrade and just stay with the aft cabin we currently have?

I would like the double credits..................... but that deck.............

Yes, you have the chance to decline if/when they call.

Yes, you have the chance to decline if/when they call.
Thanks, that's what I thought, but wanted another person to confirm what my feeble brain was thinking, lol. Appreciate the help! I put us on the list, I know it's a long shot so we'll see what happens. It would bump me from Platinum to Emerald though.

Unless you are paying the going rate for the upgraded JS, you won't get the double points. These upsells do not confer double points, even though you end up in a JS.
oh, good to know! That must have changed because in 2014 when I got the offer, paid the difference, I did get the double points. That will definitely make me think twice about giving up that deck 10 aft cabin and just stay put.

Unless you are paying the going rate for the upgraded JS, you won't get the double points. These upsells do not confer double points, even though you end up in a JS.

I thought it was just free upgrades that didn't get the points. I always thought that if you at least paid something on a upsell you did.

I thought it was just free upgrades that didn't get the points. I always thought that if you at least paid something on a upsell you did.

Not what has been reported by folks here - any upsell for less than the going rate does not yield double points.

At one time all you had to do was pay $1.00 for an upgrade and get double points. That is no longer the case. Now it must be the going rate.

Sometimes even free upgrades get double points. We had an upgrade from an OV to a JS that we didn't even know about until we checked in...and we still got double points.

If I paid for the upgrade I would definitely expect to get double points.

I just got a call for upsell on AD from JS to GS for 7 nights for $1000. I told her it was too much money. No counter offer.

That's steep! And I'm cheap. Call came from the C&A number. Upgrade preference set to automatic :rolleyes:

I like a JS. It's a good value.

Edited by marci22

I received an email today offering the potential upgrade from a neighborhood balcony guarantee (the cabin has already been assigned, and is CP balcony) to an OV balcony for $200. Our cruise is on the Allure in May.

I received an email today offering the potential upgrade from a neighborhood balcony guarantee (the cabin has already been assigned, and is CP balcony) to an OV balcony for $200. Our cruise is on the Allure in May.

I'd do that for $200.

I would rather keep the CP perks personally.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We got the email today as well... $950 to go from balcony to junior suite... sounds a little too pricey.. yikes!!

They seem to be asking for more $$ on the upsells.

Edited by marci22

I also got the email to upgrade from an interior to an ocean view Balcony for $150. I would do this in a heartbeat, even for twice the price. My question is, has anyone actually ever been called and gotten the upgrade?

British Isles... 13 days... $950 sounds like wayyyyy too much for a junior suite that doesn't even come with any perks :(

I would take it. That's a good price for the extra room on a long cruise even without the full suite perks.

British Isles... 13 days... $950 sounds like wayyyyy too much for a junior suite that doesn't even come with any perks :(

My limit is around $50/day for the upgrade from a balcony to a JS on a typical Caribbean cruise. The $950 exceeds that, but your cruise is not typical and you have to take that into account. I'd be included to move up to the JS in your situation since you will be on the ship so long.