48 hours in NOLA

mompells

Please let me know what you think is the best restaurant(s) in NOLA! We get free breakfast at our hotel. We will be using the trolley to get around.

Also - Any advice on "Things not to miss?" This will be our first time to NOLA.

Thanks in advance!!!!

If you like Oysters....you must goto Superior Seafood for their 3-6pm Happy Hour. Go see Jay at the Oyster bar. $.50 cent local shucks and $3 drinks. Enjoy!!!!!!

20 min trolley ride uptown from Canal Street. Board right outside the CVS.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm drooling and dreaming. Commander's Palace for expensive food and service that are worth it every penny. KPaul's for delicious food and memories of Paul Prudhomme. Brennan's for breakfast, a NOLA tradition.

Central Grocery for the original Muffaletta to go. Sit in Jackson Square to eat it. Of course, beignets and chicory coffee at Cafe du Monde while you people watch. Acme Oyster House for the best Po'Boys ever, Mother's for a breakfast you'll never forget. Get there early and get in line. Biscuit and Debris is unforgettable.

You'll have to stay several days, but a boat ride on the Natchez, a drive to see beautiful plantations, a walk through a cemetery, Audubon Zoo and lots more will help the time pass between meals.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I live in NOLA, I'm happy to email you a list of "not to miss" that I send to friends coming here for the first time. Plantations, swamp tours, French quarter, and D-Day museum are definitely top contenders.

Too many great restaurants to list! Happy to send you that email if you'd like.

-Alaina

Please let me know what you think is the best restaurant(s) in NOLA! We get free breakfast at our hotel. We will be using the trolley to get around.

Also - Any advice on "Things not to miss?" This will be our first time to NOLA.

Thanks in advance!!!!

First off there are no "trolleys" in New Orleans, it is called a streetcar.

While breakfast may be included, I would highly recommend skipping and going for a local breakfast since you have such a limited time in New Orleans and one of the main reasons to come here is for the food.

Breakfast Options

The Camellia Grill (take the streetcar to the original location)

The Ruby Slipper Cafe

Morning Call (my preferred beignet place)

Cafe Du Monde

Brennan's (Expensive but worth it)

Court of Two Sisters (Brunch and a buffet which gives you lots of local options)

Mother's (pick debris as your meat)

• 2 months later...
I live in NOLA, I'm happy to email you a list of "not to miss" that I send to friends coming here for the first time. Plantations, swamp tours, French quarter, and D-Day museum are definitely top contenders.

-Alaina

I would love the list - if you don't mind. Dopey1123@hotmail.com

Thanks

• 1 month later...

-Alaina

I would LOVE to get a copy of your not to miss things! Could you email it to be a seleneboss14@yahoo.com? TYIA!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

ooo! Could you send me that too? My fiance and I will be going on a cruise through New Orleans on our honeymoon in January :) theherricks2018@gmail.com

-Alaina

-Alaina

OOOOOH! if you don't mind sending that to me too....denisecyoung@yahoo.com

-Alaina

Hi, thanks for offering some advice. Do you (or anyone else on here) have any ideas on any tours that would allow us to bring our luggage after the cruise? Or any kind of storage place for the day? Our flight home isn't until after 7 pm.

My email is mvaygibson@aol.com. Thank you very much!

• 3 months later...

I have only visited New Orleans once and only have two reference points. Café Du Monde (the one in the mall not the original) was fantastic. Antoine's had a $20.17 lunch that was literally the best meal I had ever had. I had the shrimp ettouffe but I am sure it was all good.