Floridian Friends

janetz

Thank you.

Weather is going downhill, hope to not lose power. We are in the evacuation zone but did not evacuate.

Be safe!!

They did mandatory evacuations for us on Brickell. I broke my ankle while up in NYC on Monday and with living up on 43, our elevators being shut down as well as garbage, water and AC we left. It took us 11 hours to get from Miami to Orlando Thursday! Darn turnpike.. But we are safe at Disney World for the moment.

My heart is aching for all my friends in Naples. One of my son's high school friends called us this afternoon just hysterical. They were where the storm surge was due to come in. Had no where to go as the shelters were all full.

Keep safe Florida. As Canadian snowbirds, we are glued to CNN right now watching and praying it's not as bad as it looks for you. Can't even imagine what you are going thru. Please keep us all at CC updated, not only in the wake of Irma, but in the next weeks (and months) to come. We Canadians are praying for you!

Wow! Just curious to know if there are any pumps to get the flood waters out? Or does it just recede on its own? Has your building flooded yet? Im asking so many questions because our hotel is on Brickell! Please be as safe as possible..

Fox News has been standing in front of my building We have over 2 feet of water rushing down Brickell Ave. It's just unbelievable.

Wow! Just curious to know if there are any pumps to get the flood waters out? Or does it just recede on its own? Has your building flooded yet? Im asking so many questions because our hotel is on Brickell! Please be as safe as possible..

It's biscayne bay. It needs to naturally recede. No pumps.

So, I live across the street from that largest building, Panarama Tower that is still under construction. Fox was just there. 6 foots glass windows were flying off. The water has gone from the 3rd step to to the 1st. We just have no idea how our place is.

The eye is now coming straight at us in Orlando so it will be a long night.

I can't get a hold of my friends in Naples where I lived for 16 years. Please say a prayer for everyone.

Thanks....Looks like our hotel is in the non flooded area, now to see if it reopens and if our cruise is still on.

Miami is 85% without power. They are telling us not to head to the area until the all clear is given. They don't know the damage.

Our building has power and water. Brickell ave flooding has receded.

Unfortunately, staff went into my unit. Every window and sliding door is cracked.

Did your place sustain water damage from the winds ?

I guess insurance companies are going to busy once people are allowed back into their homes

Hope all is well in Orlando now

Did your place sustain water damage from the winds ?

I guess insurance companies are going to busy once people are allowed back into their homes

Hope all is well in Orlando now

The windows all cracked but no water in there!

I'm at Disney and they have been so busy cleaning this afternoon you almost wouldn't believe a storm came in.

The curfew on the roads is over at 6 pm so tomorrow we head back to Brickell

Please let us know the status of Brickell and also your condo!

I'm at Disney and they have been so busy cleaning this afternoon you almost wouldn't believe a storm came in.

The curfew on the roads is over at 6 pm so tomorrow we head back to Brickell[/quote]

The curfew on the roads is over at 6 pm so tomorrow we head back to Brickell

That is one less worry for you

Drive safe