Trying to make a choice please help

Oasis 8 night Dec 23rd 2016 boardwalk balcony for $5522 for 3 people western Caribbean Christmas cruise

Harmony 7 night April 1st 2017 boardwalk balcony 3 people for $3500 eastern Caribbean cruise spring breK

Edited by Susiecruisey

Personally, I like the idea of being on a newer ship. Plus, the lower price doesn't hurt at all. However, from a service standpoint, I know (from what I've read) that a newer ship, with a newer crew, can be lacking.

With that still in mind, I would be drawn to the lower price, on the newer ship.

I assume 3rd passenger is a child.

Somebody posted a brief description of their Christmas experience on Allure. Many of the perks of yesteryear were gone and, after years of cruising over Christmas, said they were considering moving their vacation to the week before. The ship is obviously decorated, but otherwise there was only a Santa handing out gifts, some carolers and a multi-denomination Christmas mass. I would suggest looking at their comments in case I missed something.

So, if you are expecting something great and different for the Christmas cruise, it doesn't sound like you get it. Since both cruises will be packed with kids, I would probably also be more inclined to do the Harmony cruise because of the price and the kid would probably like the slides (and may prefer Grease over Cats.)

Personally, I like the idea of being on a newer ship. Plus, the lower price doesn't hurt at all. However, from a service standpoint, I know (from what I've read) that a newer ship, with a newer crew, can be lacking.

With that still in mind, I would be drawn to the lower price, on the newer ship.

By April of 2017 the Harmony will have been in service for for close to a year. Hopefully by then they will have all of the bugs sorted out

Couple of things come to mind

If oasis is doing western allure is probably doing Eastern, which do you prefer? Have you done either or both previously?

Personally prefer Western when stops at Grand Cayman but Oasis class do not stop because of the tender situation with 6000people.

Would absolutely save the money and cruise Harmony and allow for extra $$ for next cruise planning 😀