Differences on Infinity

SCGirl3211

My husband and I have cruises on all of Celebrity’s S-Class ships. This November we will be crushing on the Infinity. What differences should we anticipate- good or bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Fewer Specialty Restaurants. Concierge cabins are larger than balcony cabins. Larger, nicer Michael's Club which is on deck 4 rather than deck 5. Blu shares Galley with MDR which makes ordering from MDR menu easier. No dancing in Foyer, but a separate lounge. Three banks of elevators rather than 2. This are only a few differences.

Fewer Specialty Restaurants. Concierge cabins are larger than balcony cabins. Larger, nicer Michael's Club which is on deck 4 rather than deck 5. Blu shares Galley with MDR which makes ordering from MDR menu easier. No dancing in Foyer, but a separate lounge. Three banks of elevators rather than 2. This are only a few differences.

Nice to hear about Concierge rooms as that is what we have booked. Is Michael’s Club for Elite and above or just Suites? Love the idea of no dancing in the foyer. Is there a solarium pool?

The T-pool in the Solarium is fantastic. Not quiet a giant hot tub but great. You'll see. A major design flaw leaving it out of the S class design.

Also, only hearsay as I haven't been on M class in a while but I hear there are no footstools on the balcony in concierge.

The one downside is the buffet layout. More cafeteria than like the S class.

We like the M class, just haven't had a schedule that works with ours.

enjoy

We have done four cruises on Infinity. Also, we have done 10 cruises on Celebrity, with 7 on the M class. We pick our cruises by itinerary and price and either M or S class works great.

The one big advantage of the S class ships is the better design in the buffet. The M class forces you into lines that can be slow at times, like people picking over the exact tomatoes they want in their salad. The S class has several islands that reduce the wait.

The S class ships have more passengers, but you don't notice that. The M class ships have three stairwells/elevators vs 2 for the S.

Both designs are better that what we found on Royal C. We like the sunset bar outside, next to the buffet.

• 3 months later...
Is the sunset bar near the buffet where most cc groups meet for sailaway or is there another spot that works better on Infinity?

There is no Sunset Bar on M Class. The outdoor aft bar is the Oceanview bar on Deck 10. That is where we have had Sail always on MClass ships.

The T-pool in the Solarium is fantastic. Not quiet a giant hot tub but great. You'll see. A major design flaw leaving it out of the S class design.

Also, only hearsay as I haven't been on M class in a while but I hear there are no footstools on the balcony in concierge.

The one downside is the buffet layout. More cafeteria than like the S class.

We like the M class, just haven't had a schedule that works with ours.

enjoy

Yes, no footstools in Concierge. We had a huge balcony with a C1 cabin in sandwich between suites on the 6th deck and just 2 regular upright deck chairs. When we requested footstools we were given the stools used for people to sit in the shower. They worked but it was hardly 5 star!

I enjoyed the ship but the overall decor is more dark colours and I think that’s why so many call it dated even though it is not old in years.

Agree with previous posters, we did eastbound Panama Canal in Nov 2016, I hope you love it.

Cons (as we had only been on S class previously): Less specialty restaurants, didn’t love buffet layout, our favorite bar (Ensemble) seemed to close very early (to or 11), which sounds late enough, but not if you have late dining.

Pros: for my husband, rooftop movies...and more importantly football, fewer people so we ended up seeing the same people over and over (2 couples have become great friends). Along with the fewer people, the staff seemed even more attentive.

Enjoy your journey, she’s a beautiful ship.

Agree with previous posters, we did eastbound Panama Canal in Nov 2016, I hope you love it.

Cons (as we had only been on S class previously): Less specialty restaurants, didn’t love buffet layout, our favorite bar (Ensemble) seemed to close very early (to or 11), which sounds late enough, but not if you have late dining.

Pros: for my husband, rooftop movies...and more importantly football, fewer people so we ended up seeing the same people over and over (2 couples have become great friends). Along with the fewer people, the staff seemed even more attentive.

Enjoy your journey, she’s a beautiful ship.

No Ensemble Lounge (bar) on the Infinity. There is a Rendezvous Lounge on the Infinity.