Do you cruise for the ship or the ports?

DH and I like cruising as a form of vacation (we do more land trips however). He could go on a cruise to nowhere and be happy. He just likes to be on a ship. I couldn't do that. I cruise as an enjoyable method to get to different ports.

How about you?

DW loves less stops and more sea days and just being on the ship while I love being on the ship I love cruising as a way to see new locations so I want more ports than see days. But any day on a cruise whether at sea or in port is a good day:D

Edited by dropman12

We just like being on the ship! Could care less where we go really! We live on the Emerald Coast (beautiful emerald color seas and soft white sand) and have traveled the world and lived in 3 countries via the military! We just love being on the ship and shutting our phone off and enjoying some relaxation and pampering!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Florida_cruisers----I am like your hubby, I prefer the ship to the ports. I could just stay on the ship the whole time! But my hubby, is like you. He prefers the ports. So when I choose a cruise, I try to keep us both happy. I may choose a ship which was more to my liking with a longer itinerary with more sea days, and with ports that will interest him. We have a 7 day cruise in January with 2 sea days for me, 3 ports he wants us to explore, plus 1 port we have been to many times, and will most likely stay on the ship. A win-win for us both!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The ship! Especially love the new ships. Love sailing into a port and sailing out. Love storms at sea, too, with a drink on the balcony. There was a thread once about how would you like to end it all. The consensus was on a ship with a drink in hand. :D:D:D

I suppose I might be considered strange, but when we cruise, I never turn on my cell, I'm not on the computer or anything else.

I prefer to be outside on the promenade deck where they play some shuffle board and just relax like I'm brain dead listening to the water and breeze.

I really could care less if the ship went around in a circle 24/7. Lol

I love the shows, the ships atmosphere and pretty much everything but my opinion of a vacation is to do nothing that I would normally to at home or work and be like I don't exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Like many who responded, we go for both. We've done the usual ports multiple times, so we may go off for a walk, but head back for the quiet atmosphere of the ship. We do look for ports we haven't been to yet for something new on occasion. In December, we're going down to the Windward/ABC Islands, which will include three new (to us) ports and some great SCUBA diving, which is always a factor. In ten days, we're off on the Empress for the first time, just to experience her - certainly not for the ports; Nassau and Key West. We've enjoyed checking out the different RCI class ships, and with the Empress, we will have been on every class except Quantum - not sure when that will happen, but some day.

DH and I like cruising as a form of vacation (we do more land trips however). He could go on a cruise to nowhere and be happy. He just likes to be on a ship. I couldn't do that. I cruise as an enjoyable method to get to different ports.

How about you?

That's me, just put me on a ship and go. :eek::cool:

Honestly, I pick the ship and itinerary based on my allotted budget for the trip. I love to do different ports but for us they add another $100/pp/day on to the budget, sometimes more. Sea days cost us very little, a bingo game, an extra ice cream....my next cruise is a budget cruise, 5 nighter with two ports, both Mexico and both very inexpensive, so it works for this budget trip. My last cruise was 5 ports, S Carib, and we loved every minute but the port costs add up for sure :)

We don't have the cruise experience a lot of folks do but we have been to some ports more than once. We always get off the ship,even if it is just for a short while. We feel that we might never be back to that area. I can see at some time we will stay on the ship as DW struggles getting around