Would I have any problem bringing nips on board for a special toast?

I know it's okay to bring two bottles of wine per cabin. I'm wondering if I would have any problem bringing some nips for a special toast. I know there is plenty of alcohol available on the ship but these tiny toasts are a special tradition.

It's against the rules. If it's spotted, it will be confiscated. If it's not spotted, you will get away with it. None of us can predict whether or not the guy running the luggage scanner will be awake enough to spot it. ;)

What's a "nip"...like a cracker..cheese nips?? Only the 2 bottles of wine are allowed. They will take any other booze you bring.

cd06a90e867115330e6258bf558a68ad.jpg

Nips are baby bottles of booze [emoji6] 2oz bottles. I wonder if OP is from New England. We call them nips.

Harmony 06/02/18

I know it's okay to bring two bottles of wine per cabin. I'm wondering if I would have any problem bringing some nips for a special toast. I know there is plenty of alcohol available on the ship but these tiny toasts are a special tradition.

Just drink your wine for a special toast

I've put a few nips in my checked luggage, mixed in with toiletries. Never had a problem.

My suggestion:

There are two kinds of "nips". The kind with a metal cap and the kind with a plastic top.

Choose the latter, and if they show up at all on the scanner, they'll look like travel size toiletries.

:evilsmile:

My suggestion:

There are two kinds of "nips". The kind with a metal cap and the kind with a plastic top.

Choose the latter, and if they show up at all on the scanner, they'll look like travel size toiletries.

:evilsmile:

That's always been my plan ;);)

I have bought a few of these in the past and tucked them into my packed shoes in my suitcase and they made it through... they were nice to have to mix a quick little drink in the cabin .... good luck [emoji106]

QUOTE=kobe;56139401]Really - it's the tiny bottle like they have on airplanes. It's only an ounce or two. Couldn't I just bury them in my luggage?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I bring 2 of these when we arrive at the port early. I sip them as we are going through security and waiting for our number to be called for boarding. Id never bring them on the ship though, that's what my drink package is for.

cd06a90e867115330e6258bf558a68ad.jpg

Nips are baby bottles of booze [emoji6] 2oz bottles. I wonder if OP is from New England. We call them nips.

Harmony 06/02/18

Those are small enough to move into travel size listerine bottle, just saying

You will probably have no problems getting it through if you put it in with your toiletries with you checked luggage. That's where all the creams, lotions, medicines would be so it will probably sail through.

I put 4 "nips" of Vodka in my wheelchair cushion and rolled right on board Freedom of the Seas. Could have been any kinda of contraband really. :rolleyes: I wound up bringing them back off the ship after the cruise. Just buy a shot from a bar. Its not worth the hassle.

One thing I have found though is they are VERY lax on checking people in wheelchairs.

Smuggling booze, large or small; It's against cruise policy. Only drives up prices for us that know how to abide by rules. Sad that adults have such a sense of entitlement these days. If a nip is ok, what size is not ok? Pretty clearly spelled out.

Smuggling booze, large or small; It's against cruise policy. Only drives up prices for us that know how to abide by rules. Sad that adults have such a sense of entitlement these days. If a nip is ok, what size is not ok? Pretty clearly spelled out.

Its against policy and it was a big hassle, at least for me. Anytime I wanted a drink, I was what seemed like miles away from my cabin. Im not one that has to have a drink while Im getting dressed for dinner either. As I said, the ONLY time I ever smuggled booze on board, I brought every single bit of it back off the ship. It wont happen again.

Its against policy and it was a big hassle, at least for me. Anytime I wanted a drink, I was what seemed like miles away from my cabin. Im not one that has to have a drink while Im getting dressed for dinner either. As I said, the ONLY time I ever smuggled booze on board, I brought every single bit of it back off the ship. It wont happen again.

Thanks for relating your experience. Even the time spent to go to a liquor store to save a few bucks on a "toast" makes it a waste.

I actually carried my two bottles of (cheap) wine onboard in March, and never even opened them cause I was not near the room when I wanted it, so I know what your are talking about.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app