How do you dress...

Jeffrey1950

Oh dear sorry I really couldn't resist that first thought. On the first evening I tend to tread a middle of the line approach and wear attire I would for informal, nice trousers, jacket and a shirt, and my DW usually wears an evening dress.

Just in case of late arrival of luggage to our stateroom I always pack a dress,heels,a set of unmentionables,cosmetics and hair "stuff" in my carry on luggage.Safe in the knowledge I would be able to shower and prepare properly for our first evening onboard. Relieves the stress a little, especially after a long day of travelling to the port.

This is so wonderful to read. I know on other cruise lines, you're allowed in the main dining room in your boarding attire, so learning to plan ahead is great to know. I want to be proper and I love dressing, but on many lines I do become lazy on that first night. I promise I will not on my first Cunard crossing.

• 1 month later...

Does Cunard ever plan on allowing men not to have to wear a coat around the ship after 6 pm? I don't mind formal nights every once in awhile, but wearing a coat every night if you want to go to the show after dinner definitely keeps us from even considering going on one of their cruises.

It's ok as there are plenty of quality cruise lines with great itineraries to choose from, but Cunard does have a few itineraries we wouldn't mind going on.

As Thelonius Monk suggested

"WHAT SHOULD WE WEAR TONIGHT?

*SHARP AS POSSIBLE!"

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Cool, sounds good. However, from what I've read on the Cunard site, their opinion of what Mr Monk referred to as "sharp as possible" is not the same as mine. I have no issue with dressing nicely, just an issue with wearing a coat every night after 6 pm, except in certain isolated areas which do not include the theater or main dining room.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

Does Cunard ever plan on allowing men not to have to wear a coat around the ship after 6 pm? I don't mind formal nights every once in awhile, but wearing a coat every night if you want to go to the show after dinner definitely keeps us from even considering going on one of their cruises.

It's ok as there are plenty of quality cruise lines with great itineraries to choose from, but Cunard does have a few itineraries we wouldn't mind going on.

If having to wear a coat is that important for you, you should definately consider other lines.

Edited by BobBranst