The Apprentice on Brittania

Eglesbrech

Just seen a short clip of next weeks episode of the apprentice and it looks like they are on a Brittania (?) cruise to Brugge. Will be tuning in to see the full episode.

They were (trying to) were sell tours in Brugge to pax. Was anyone onboard during the filming?

It would have been even more interesting had it been filmed on the Aurora cruise to Zeebrugge that we were on 10 days ago, as we never got there due to strong winds and they would have had to deal with all the refunds!

It’s a shame that, in order to make good TV, they seem to pick such idiots for that programme. By contrast, I attended a presentation last night given by current university graduates and Price Waterhouse Coopers recent graduate and A level intake. They were outstanding. All highly articulate, engaging and could hold their own with senior business people. I left feeling very uplifted by the potential of young people coming into the workplace and, when they were presenting, I was thinking that the Apprentice contestants should have been there to see how to really do a sales pitch!

It would have been even more interesting had it been filmed on the Aurora cruise to Zeebrugge that we were on 10 days ago, as we never got there due to strong winds and they would have had to deal with all the refunds!

It’s a shame that, in order to make good TV, they seem to pick such idiots for that programme. By contrast, I attended a presentation last night given by current university graduates and Price Waterhouse Coopers recent graduate and A level intake. They were outstanding. All highly articulate, engaging and could hold their own with senior business people. I left feeling very uplifted by the potential of young people coming into the workplace and, when they were presenting, I was thinking that the Apprentice contestants should have been there to see how to really do a sales pitch!

It looks like it was filmed in the spring /summer but it did cross my mind about the cruise to no where a few weeks ago.

I agree it's more of a comedy than a proper show about business but still fun to watch. Wonder if any of them got sea sick.

I've just caught up with last night's Apprentice and noticed it was on Britannia!

Can't wait - be good to see the ship again and last time they did tour guides it was hilarious!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Watching it now. God it’s painful. If I found myself on a ship with that irritating florist I would throw myself overboard. Segway tour in a city full of cobbles will be interesting. Now a Belgian Beer tasting trip would get my vote. They obviously haven’t clocked the prices P&O charge for tours as they are seriously under priced!

Watching and cringing. Could do a better tour myself.

Yes, I’ve changed my mind. The tours were over priced, not under priced! And I wonder how the selling souvenirs on board works when no passengers carry cash with them! Artistic licence, me thinks.

Yes, I’ve changed my mind. The tours were over priced, not under priced! And I wonder how the selling souvenirs on board works when no passengers carry cash with them! Artistic licence, me thinks.

Good point!!!

Do you think people knew it was the apprentice and went along for a laugh?

Good point!!!

Do you think people knew it was the apprentice and went along for a laugh?

Without doubt. Claude and Karen will be well known to anyone who has watched the programme in recent years and the TV crews would be a giveaway. Also, passengers would have had to be informed about the filming as they need to be given the option to avoid being filmed. The few passengers shown would have also had to sign consent forms, which is standard practice for TV programmes these days.

I could have taken them to the half moon brewery and had the "skin full, they offered for a lot less. The food there is good too. It's also just along from the Beginage so they would have got some history too.

Who would buy a tourist tat key ring for £6 - really?

Well all I can say is Britannia looked beautiful and it would have tempted me to cruise on her if I hadn't been on her already!

However the Apprentices were dreadful. Mind you the guy that couldn't even find St John's Hospital should have been fired. First time I've watched it for a few years and I won't be watching it again anytime soon.