Allure- anywhere on the ship I cannot go with a scooter?

On Allure in May with family. Is there anywhere onboard I cannot go with scooter. I have grandchildren who will want me to watch them do things such as flow-rider, zip line etc... I can walk but not distances. I am compiling a cheat sheet of places I cannot get to or I need to get to differently with a scooter. I will be stuck using the elevators while know most of my party may use the stairs much of the time. I am fine with that. I am not the best at picking up on some of the finer points of maps. I figured an organized cheat sheet would come in handy. Do not want to wait till onboard to scribble out one. If organized and have info neatly typed out will be smaller and I can relax rather than spending so much time figuring things out. Don't laugh. Overpreparing works for me. :o

hey,

Tried to find the page for Freedom, Any Help? by the way I am bring my Service Animal (A Tiger)

Any problem with them Bitting JayHawk service Animals (College Joke) :D lol

Thanks

Mike

Missouri

Thank you for this. My mom cannot walk long distances either and I was thinking of pushing the issue of renting a scooter. We are a family of 19 sailing on Allure in August. We have OV balcony cabins. Would the scooter fit inside the cabin if we dont have an accessable cabin but if we rent from Royal? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You have to rely on lifts but almost all areas are accessible and I don't believe you will have a problem getting around. I saw a number of people on scooters on my last cruise on Allure.

Entrance to theatre are on 2 decks. Not sure if both decks have disabled access so that is worth checking and plan your route accordingly.

There is designated seating for disabled at the back of the theatres (main, ice show and Aquatheatre).

Central Park is a good route to get from one end of the ship to the other.

If you dont have an assessable cabin, can the scooter fit, for instance in an OV Balcony?

Thanks.

I've done it numerous time. The only thing is, if there are two people sharing the room, it's a tight fit. Have them remove the coffee table for sure.

If you dont have an assessable cabin, can the scooter fit, for instance in an OV Balcony?

Thanks.

You might need to remove the arms to get it through the door. Otherwise, as long as the bed is near the balcony, it should be okay. It will be very tight.

Can you get close to the surf area of flow rider on Allure to watch. If not how far or how many steps to watch.

Yes you can. Follow the white highlights. There is a ramp on either side of the ship from deck 15 up to deck 16.

3eec8ce81f3efe0a412bb1fd0e7e0795.jpg

Thanks.

My mom was able to fit the scooter in non accessible cabins. She's a very good driver and has been using her personal go go scooter for years. It's doable (depending on size of scooter) but a tight fit getting through the door and moving around in the cabin. She usually backs in.

Majesty review

See post #31 for a picture of a scooter in an ocean view cabin

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2558412&highlight=tee+and+chilli&page=2

We were also able to fit the scooter in a Harmony central park view.

Keep in mind depending on the ship, someone may need to hold the door open while the person in the scooter backs in. On Majesty the door had a magnetic lock to keep it open until forced closed.

Edited by Tee & Chilli

Yes you can. Follow the white highlights. There is a ramp on either side of the ship from deck 15 up to deck 16.

3eec8ce81f3efe0a412bb1fd0e7e0795.jpg

Thanks so much! May seem silly to ask in advance but others with me will not be dealing with the issue, and I am happier when prepared. Some of my grandkids have gotten so good on flow rider due to repeat trips so I really want to watch some.

Thanks so much! May seem silly to ask in advance but others with me will not be dealing with the issue, and I am happier when prepared. Some of my grandkids have gotten so good on flow rider due to repeat trips so I really want to watch some.

I am an avid flowrider as well, so I can understand their love of it. If you need a drink there is a bar between the two waves, but regretfully the nearest washrooms are almost at the two furthest back pools. Men’s is port side and females is starboard side.

Enjoy Allure.

Thanks.

I have been on several Allure cruises where passengers have left their scooters outside of their rooms at night.

and during the day

On Allure in May with family. Is there anywhere onboard I cannot go with scooter. I have grandchildren who will want me to watch them do things such as flow-rider, zip line etc... I can walk but not distances. I am compiling a cheat sheet of places I cannot get to or I need to get to differently with a scooter. I will be stuck using the elevators while know most of my party may use the stairs much of the time. I am fine with that. I am not the best at picking up on some of the finer points of maps. I figured an organized cheat sheet would come in handy. Do not want to wait till onboard to scribble out one. If organized and have info neatly typed out will be smaller and I can relax rather than spending so much time figuring things out. Don't laugh. Overpreparing works for me. :o

Thank you for this. My mom cannot walk long distances either and I was thinking of pushing the issue of renting a scooter. We are a family of 19 sailing on Allure in August. We have OV balcony cabins. Would the scooter fit inside the cabin if we dont have an accessable cabin but if we rent from Royal? Thanks.

I have been on several Allure cruises where passengers have left their scooters outside of their rooms at night.

and during the day

Whether or not a mobility scooter will fit the a RCCL standard cabin door depends on the width of the scooter.

• The width of the cabin door is 23" door frame to door frame. 2" than must be deducted as the door does not open flush to the wall. Thus making the total threshold clearance only 21". The scooter has to be less that 21" to fit through a standard cabin door. As previouslt stated armrest width may have to also be adjusted to fit.
  • All Oasis Class ships have an alternating bed configuration. Scooters can't get past the bed if it's postioned closet to the closets and or bathroom resulting in it having to be left blocking the entrance to bathroon that cabins main door which presents a safety issue.
  • For Oasis Class standard Balcony cabins the bed has to be next to the balcony for the scooter to fit in the cabiin.
  • Alternating configurations also apply to Oasis Class OV and Inside cabins.
    • For Standard OV the bed has to be closet to the window
    • For Standar Inside cabins the bed next to the back wall farthest from the washroom and entrance.

[*]Per SOLAS ( Safety of Life at Sea) regulations nothing can be stored in the hallway including mobility scooters as it poses a safety issue for all passengers . Though the cabin attendant will tell you it's ok .... IT"S NOT and the cabin attendant knows that such action violate SOLAS as well as RCCL's safety regulations .

[*]RCCL's Policy states

• " Assistive devices including mobility scooters must be stored and recharged in your stateroom so fire doors, corridors and elevator lobbies are kept clear for emergency evacuation. When parked throughout the ship, they must be parked out of the way to allow safe and easy access by other guests and crewmembers"

FYI ...I will report any scooters, wheelchairs, strollers etc left in the hallways to Security and have it removed immediately.

Edited by xxoocruiser

This is actually against the rules AND a fire hazard.

Not quite certain why you think the scooter in the hallway poses a fire hazard ? It's presents a Safety hazard in the event of an emergency such as a fire.

Copied directly from RCCL's website :

Assistive devices including mobility scooters must be stored and recharged in your stateroom so fire doors, corridors and elevator lobbies are kept clear for emergency evacuation. When parked throughout the ship, they must be parked out of the way to allow safe and easy access by other guests and crewmembers

Edited by xxoocruiser

If you have a Grand Suite or above, you will not be able to get the scooter to the suite sundeck. You have to

go up about two flights of stairs.

On O/A there is an elevator in the little hall where the bathrooms are. A crew member has to operate it.

On harmony there is a door on the opposite side from the bar that has a small wc ramp, I assume there is an elevator there as carts are taken up and down.

Not quite certain why you think the scooter in the hallway poses a fire hazard ? It's presents a Safety hazard in the event of an emergency such as a fire.

Copied directly from RCCL's website :

Assistive devices including mobility scooters must be stored and recharged in your stateroom so fire doors, corridors and elevator lobbies are kept clear for emergency evacuation. When parked throughout the ship, they must be parked out of the way to allow safe and easy access by other guests and crewmembers

Sorry about that. I wasn't paying attention to my choice of words. lol. Yes. It is a safety hazard as opposed to a fire hazard.