Adding another Child to my Cabin

Hi All!

My family and I are sailing in July on the Harmony of the Seas. We just made our final payment yesterday, but I wanted to find out is it possible to add a child in my cabin. My parents have a balcony room and I am directly across from them in a large interior. My mom is thinking about bringing my little cousin who is 12 but will be 13 by the time we sail with us. It's a late decision because she knows that we go every year and has been begging her mom to let her go with us. She normally tells us no every year but this year she has been hinting at letting her go. If she says yes Can I add her to my interior room and if so what fees come along with it? My cost seem to be at double occupancy anyway. I'm sure there is more additional cost included due to food and activities., but will they let me add a person and does anyone know about how much more this would cost?

Well, first there will need to be room in the cabin. Second, there needs to be room in the life boat. Best to call and ask.

The age of the passenger will have no effect on anything. As others have stated it depends on what occupancy your cabin is rated for and what occupancy the mister station is already at.

The only way to get an answer is to call Royal.

She said she was a single in cabin

She said she was a single in cabin

Yes, but the Muster Stations have a capacity that is NOT full occupancy of every cabin. If there are a lot of 4-person cabins that are filled with 4 people (as opposed to 2 or 3), the station may be filled. The Muster capacity is based on actual people.

Yes, but the Muster Stations have a capacity that is NOT full occupancy of every cabin. If there are a lot of 4-person cabins that are filled with 4 people (as opposed to 2 or 3), the station may be filled. The Muster capacity is based on actual people.

Did't say there was

We have five in a suite that will take eight. We wanted to add another, but were told that everyone would be rebooked at a new rate, not the rate we additionally booked. I don't know if this is true in every case, but that is what we were told.

Though OP is in a cabin by herself what OP didn't state is if she booked a single occupancy studio or a standard cabin at a single occupancy supplement. Harmony has both .

You know what I'm not even sure. I booked it at Next Cruise on my cruise last year on the Oasis. I just know that it is a Large interior room. But everyone seems to say that if there is room on the lifeboat that they probably will rebook me at another rate. She probably will just have to wait until next cruise.

You know what I'm not even sure. I booked it at Next Cruise on my cruise last year on the Oasis. I just know that it is a Large interior room. But everyone seems to say that if there is room on the lifeboat that they probably will rebook me at another rate. She probably will just have to wait until next cruise.

If you have a cabin that is designed for 2 and you paid the full single supplement then the only extra that you will pay should be the taxes and fees. There have been many posts by those that travel solo regularly who have done this.

You have nothing to lose by calling Royal to find out exactly what your options are.

Some here say that they will rebook you at the current rate, but that was not my experience. I originally had three in a cabin, many months later when the price for the same cabin was higher I added a fourth person. They charged me the "additional person" rate (the same price that I paid for the third person) but they did not reprice any of the original three passengers.

Some here say that they will rebook you at the current rate, but that was not my experience. I originally had three in a cabin, many months later when the price for the same cabin was higher I added a fourth person. They charged me the "additional person" rate (the same price that I paid for the third person) but they did not reprice any of the original three passengers.

This is the norm.

If someone tries to reprice you, hang up and call back and talk to someone else. Lather, rinse, repeat.

A large interior cabin and paying the full double occupancy does NOT sound like a studio cabin.

Don't give up until you call the cruise line. They have the correct info. & answers.

Last year I booked an interior cabin as a single on NCL ... I know ... it's a different line ... but I asked if I could add a person. Since I had paid a full double occupancy rate already, they said yes. It would just be additional taxes & port fees. The person couldn't travel, so it was moot for me ...

We recently tried to add a 3rd person in our room that would hold 4--we could not do it due to the capacity of the lifeboats for our area was full--had to book a whole separate cabin.

Happened to me Fall2017. Booked a last min 2BD/2BA Suite all to myself 4 weeks before cruise for not much more then a balcony room. Even though room held 8 passengers wasn't able to add my Daughter, Son-in-Law & Grand Daughter 2 week later, Lifeboat had reached capacity...