Would you avoid the Glory because of new menu?

thanna

Since many of my favorites are now gone from the new menu, I would book the Dream, all other things being equal.

I think there will be modifications done to the dining. That's the beauty of testing things on just a few ships at first.

Same principal that I never purchase a new car in it's first model year. Too many potential bugs to iron out first.

We are trying to decide between the Glory or the Dream for a late January Western Carib.. With all the negative feedback on the new menu, I am temped to avoid it. Am I over-reacting?

Yes you are over-reacting!

Edited by lcp9984

We are trying to decide between the Glory or the Dream for a late January Western Carib.. With all the negative feedback on the new menu, I am temped to avoid it. Am I over-reacting?

If I were you I wouldn't let the menu deter me from choosing a particular ship, who knows, you may be pleasantly surprised, and if not you can always lend them your feedback so that the higher ups at Carnival can tweak the menu and dining experience accordingly.

I'm apprehensive about the new dining experience because we are sailing on Liberty a week after the rollout on Liberty.

However, I am going with a positive attitude and hope for the best.

I am definitely going to miss the cold soups & Creme Brulee.

I'd have to look at each menu to see if the one or two things I might order each night are still there. They still have a rotating menu, right?

The missing table cloths would do it for me.

I thought the menu items were good and the taste improved. Unless you are so set in your ways and have the old menus memorized, then it may not make a difference. Every day seems to have red meat, chicken and several seafood options, plus a vegetarian option. I didn't have a problem with the amount of choices, except for the first formal night, and by the 2nd formal night that had been adjusted. The service and process with the new menus improved from the beginning to end of the week, so in another few weeks it might be even better.

I liked being able to choose a side item. I liked the new desserts. Do I miss some of my old favorites? Yes, but I now have some new favorites-like the tropical flan. :). And now they have coconut ice cream on at least one night. Put that with the chocolate melting cake and it is yummy! I liked the port of call section.

I also liked the huevos rancheros at the blue iguana cafe for breakfast, and guys burgers- neither of which is on Dream. I didn't like Dream because there always seems to be crowds and lines everywhere. I didn't feel that way on Glory. I would go on dream again to enjoy cloud nine spa- or if it had a unique itinerary only.

I don't go to the shows most of the time, so I wouldn't know if they were good. I like the Caribbean music deck party, even though it was inside due to pouring rain on our trip. I liked listening to the guitar players in the afternoon on lido. One guy was so eclectic he went from zac brown band to the violent femmes. LOL. These are things that weren't on Dream because it doesn't have the 2.0 additions.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The missing table cloths would do it for me.

What would you do if all cruise lines removed the table cloths? Stop cruising? This just seems so trivial to be a deal breaker-especially because so many have argued for more casual dress in the dining room. Casual dress/casual atmosphere. Elegant dress/elegant atmosphere. I think that is what is happening with this new process. The elegant settings WITH the table cloth are more formal for the evening it is intended to be. It seemed to work IMO

What would you do if all cruise lines removed the table cloths? Stop cruising? This just seems so trivial to be a deal breaker-especially because so many have argued for more casual dress in the dining room. Casual dress/casual atmosphere. Elegant dress/elegant atmosphere. I think that is what is happening with this new process. The elegant settings WITH the table cloth are more formal for the evening it is intended to be. It seemed to work IMO

It's not just about the table cloths. Its about all the cutbacks recently; its about the constant cutbacks for the past couple of years just piling on top of each other.

People are fed up with it. All these cut backs with very little to nothing offered in return. Fares aren't being lowered with CCL whereas other cruise lines are ADDING things for cruisers and keeping their fares the same or even lowering them.

I wouldn't expect the other lines to follow down the path Carnival seems to be taking, so it's a non issue.

This..And there have been several negative posts from this same person regarding tablecloths.

I would not AVOID the Glory. I do not really like the descriptions and choices on the menu, but being ex Army (C-Ration days) I can eat just about anything.

The table cloth issue will make us chose a 2 top though. We have always enjoyed being seated with others but having seen more than one drink spilled on a table, lack of a cloth to absorb it will make somebody very wet when it happens. I trust my wife (sort of) but not the guy with two beers in front of him or some kid at a shared table.

My DW spilled soda down her blouse on our first date. I had to help her to dry off what we could.:) Better than a handshake at the end of the night:D

We are just off the Glory and I think you have to look at the cruise in it's totality before making a decision, not just the MDR menus.

We thoroughly enjoyed the food and my hubby ranked it as the best food he's had on any cruise (it was his 8th), inclusive of the buffet, deli, Guy's burger joint (to die for burgers) and the blue iguana cantina (delicious tacos and burritos).

Have a look at the itineraries and the cost and make your decision from there!

Jill

When will these changes be made fleet wide?

LuLu

Its rolling out a few ships at a time in the coming months till its fleet wide changes can be made food can be added or taken away depending on reviews..On the ships (not on here ccl could care less about CC)