How many items can I order per room service fee?

I just booked Serenade of the seas and it appears there is extremely limited food options after 9pm. Am I correct to assume that Serenade has the expanded room service menu that I have seen posted around? How many items would be considered an order? For example, would I be able to order 2 chicken wings, fettuccini and grilled salmon (or whatever combination of multiple entrees) for $7.95+tip? I have 2 teenage boys who are always hungry.

Thank you!

I just booked Serenade of the seas and it appears there is extremely limited food options after 9pm. Am I correct to assume that Serenade has the expanded room service menu that I have seen posted around? How many items would be considered an order? For example, would I be able to order 2 chicken wings, fettuccini and grilled salmon (or whatever combination of multiple entrees) for $7.95+tip? I have 2 teenage boys who are always hungry.

Thank you!

I've not seen or read about any limits.

We also ordered for 4 of us. Make sure you state in large writing, how many table services you will need. The first time we ordered they only brought enough silverware for 2 people. After that I always hand wrote the number I needed and it was not a problem. I always tipped a little extra though when we had a large order.

I tested the waters if you will on my harmony cruise last week. My family and I ordered 5 or 6 entrees, a bunch of milk, and a few cheesecakes on one order.. no problem.
One note about milk: My kids like to order cookies & milk at bedtime, but the milk isn't cold. They started ordering hot chocolate instead.

sounds like ordering several meals will not be a problem. Thank you all for your responses. Since there will be no night time buffet, we'll create our own. clear.png?emoji-grin-1677
I've never quite understood why a night-time buffet is so attractive. After eating three fairly large meals during the day, I have no room for it.

We also ordered for 4 of us. Make sure you state in large writing, how many table services you will need. The first time we ordered they only brought enough silverware for 2 people. After that I always hand wrote the number I needed and it was not a problem. I always tipped a little extra though when we had a large order.
Because of language and accents, I've had difficulty ordering room service sometimes. If you know you're going to order room service, it might be easier to pick up extra silverware /napkins when you're at breakfast or lunch in the buffet and bring them back to your room. They might be handy to have at some point during the week.

One note about milk: My kids like to order cookies & milk at bedtime, but the milk isn't cold. They started ordering hot chocolate instead.

I've never quite understood why a night-time buffet is so attractive. After eating three fairly large meals during the day, I have no room for it.

Because of language and accents, I've had difficulty ordering room service sometimes. If you know you're going to order room service, it might be easier to pick up extra silverware /napkins when you're at breakfast or lunch in the buffet and bring them back to your room. They might be handy to have at some point during the week.

Excellent suggestion!

On the Adventure a couple weeks ago, we were able to order room service through the interactive TV (including how many place settings we needed). Within minutes of ordering they called the stateroom to verify. Everything showed up about 20mins later. [emoji3]

Dan.3a6e0d308e86033a41f21e9e42d9aa6c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Forums mobile app

Does anyone have the new room service menu? Is it the same across the fleet?
https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-dining/room-service

I believe it is the same across the whole fleet now.

If you are in a full suite, you can also order from the full main dining room menu during the hours it is open.

Dan.

I understand that you personally have no need for a night time buffet or have any room for it...Not everyone is the same...it's about options for other's...nothing wrong with that.

What is the suggested tip when ordering room service? We don't normally tip in New Zealand and our tips are built into our cruise fare but I feel it's nice to give something extra for room service.

As far as I remember, the room service fee includes the gratuity.

What is the suggested tip when ordering room service? We don't normally tip in New Zealand and our tips are built into our cruise fare but I feel it's nice to give something extra for room service.

We usually do around $5. I’ve seen people do lesser amounts for small orders or more for bigger orders.

I bet you're not a teenager! The person who asked was talking about her teenage boys.....and they're all for eating all the time! :p

On the Adventure a couple weeks ago, we were able to order room service through the interactive TV (including how many place settings we needed). Within minutes of ordering they called the stateroom to verify. Everything showed up about 20mins later. [emoji3]

Dan.3a6e0d308e86033a41f21e9e42d9aa6c.jpg

Thanks for this! We are on AOS in two weeks (maybe LOL).

If you are in a full suite, you can also order from the full main dining room menu during the hours it is open.

There is also a special suite breakfast menu.

But due to accents/English skills, you might have some issues. We tried to order off the special menu, but the person on the phone said we had the wrong menu. It turns out they were mistaken, but it got straightened out.

But interestingly, the person who screwed things up, delivered the order and personally apologized. Nice touch.