Great Stirrup Cay tips

TAYLORCPA

Sorry, I should have been specific. I'm looking to get away from the crowds but still be close enough to facilities. I read something about a tram - where does that take you?

If you are looking to get away from the crowds then I would highly suggest a cabana. The island is basically just a beach. I think the tram you are referring to is just the one that takes people to the cabanas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, I should have been specific. I'm looking to get away from the crowds but still be close enough to facilities. I read something about a tram - where does that take you?

The tram takes you to the lagoon, and away from the crowds. The lagoon is beautiful, it is maybe 5 minutes ride from the main beach area.

You can take the tram to the lagoon. It is a smaller beach with a smaller food/drink area, bathrooms, etc. There was hardly anyone there on our GSC day. Sun, warm water, no fighting for chairs. Perfect day!

You can take the tram to the lagoon. It is a smaller beach with a smaller food/drink area, bathrooms, etc. There was hardly anyone there on our GSC day. Sun, warm water, no fighting for chairs. Perfect day!

I was told by a member of ShorEx staff that the food area at the lagoon is only open when the Breakaway calls at GSC, has this changed?

Even with it closed I would recommend riding the tram to the lagoon, OP, as it is much quieter and the water is warmer and calmer than the ocean.

I was told by a member of ShorEx staff that the food area at the lagoon is only open when the Breakaway calls at GSC, has this changed?

We were told this on a previous cruises also but this past May at GSC on the Gem the lagoon buffet was open.

Any pictures of the Lagoon?

Does tram run continuously?

Edited by jb456

Read some of the last pages of the threads below for the most and latest on GSC from fellow CCers. Even the cabana thread may be useful. :)

Great Stirrup Cay cabana thread

Great Stirrup Cay, last week thread

Great Stirrup Cay lagoon? thread

Edited by FreestyleNovice

No need to pay for a cabana to be in a less crowded spot....if you continue past the 1 beach area (which is where most folks will plop themselves), you'll find your "perfect" spot!

This is the quieter beach area in front of the small cabanas the day we were at GSC this past May. The day started out pretty overcast as you can see; I have no idea whether it would have been more zoo-ey here on a very sunny day.

View%20from%20our%20cabana%201024x657_zpsaj4fs3hw.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

Yup, see the post of meatball for a map. Bobolink Beach Bar. Might/could be closed when the Sky visits. One poster in this thread reported with Gem it was open.

Here is a link to GSC on NCL.com. Scroll down for the map about halfway.

Hope this helps.

http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/great-stirrup-cay

Happy Sailing!