Seattle hotels near pier

summer slope

Consider the Mayflower Park Hotel. We stayed there for 2 nights post Celebrity cruise. Wonderful, old style hotel with great location, 5 minute walk to monorail station to go to space needle, and 10 minute walk to Pikes Place Market. Rooms were large, nicely appointed. Lots of cruisers were using the hotel. Easy cab from pier to hotel.

Homewood Suites on Elliott Ave W (next to old HAL HQ) is five minute drive from the pier Nice hotel and easy walk to lots of restaurants and Seattle Center (Space Needle area). One block up from the hotel is new HAL HQ building. If you enjoy walking easy walk to Pike Place Market/downtown.

We stayed at a Comfort Inn near the Space Needle. It was fine for a couple of nights before the cruise, had a nice breakfast room, easy walking to all the sights and they had a shuttle that took us to the ship. If we sail out of Seattle again we will use this hotel for sure.

We stayed at a Comfort Inn near the Space Needle. It was fine for a couple of nights before the cruise, had a nice breakfast room, easy walking to all the sights and they had a shuttle that took us to the ship. If we sail out of Seattle again we will use this hotel for sure.

There are also a Hyatt Place and Hyatt House near the Space Needle that have shuttles that should take you to the pier (check to be certain but I know they go downtown for free).

Consider the Mayflower Park Hotel. We stayed there for 2 nights post Celebrity cruise. Wonderful, old style hotel with great location, 5 minute walk to monorail station to go to space needle, and 10 minute walk to Pikes Place Market. Rooms were large, nicely appointed. Lots of cruisers were using the hotel. Easy cab from pier to hotel.

My favorite Seattle hotel! (and I live in the area). I've used it several times over the years when I was having remodeling work done, and it's the one I recommend most often to friends who want to stay close to attractions. It was also the hotel in which I stayed on my first visit to Seattle in 1997, when I was interviewing for a position at an up-and-coming online retailer who wanted to move from selling just books to selling a few other types of things. ;) Great location, decent price, too.

We used Travel Lodge at the Space Needle. Typical middle priced motel. Nothing special, but perfectly okay for one night. It is 5 minutes from Pier 90. The hotel provided a van that cost about 8 Bucks. Easy and nothing to complain about.

One plus is that the hotel is one block from the Space Needle Park and the magnificent Chihuly Glass Museum....which, in my opinion, is not to be missed if you have an extra hour or so in Seattle.

There are also a Hyatt Place and Hyatt House near the Space Needle that have shuttles that should take you to the pier (check to be certain but I know they go downtown for free).

They donot have free shuttle to pier 91. but they do contract with a shuttle service is was $12.00 per person in sept. 2017.

We are planning our trip to Alaska and need suggestions for a hotel near Pier 91.

We are also planning our Alaska cruise...July 28, 2018..on Eurodam. We've booked at Hotel Five..A Staypineapple Hotel. It's near the mono-rail and close to the Space Needle and the C. Gardens. We looked around quite a bit before picking this property and did so because of the price and the reviews. We are still paying around $225 after taxes, etc. but thought it was worth it considering the criminal rates Seattle hotels charge during the summer. The bookings are non-refundable however. good luck.

dmg1956

A general comment - not specific to Seattle: if you are flying to a city to catch a cruise, and it happens to be one really worth seeing: Boston, New York, Charleston, New Orleans, San Diego, San Francisco and Seattle to name a few, it is a terrible waste of opportunity to try to save a hundred or so dollars on an out-of-the-way hotel and miss the chance too see a place you might never again visit --- you really should come in two days early and take the opportunity to almost double the vacation experience.

The ultimate waste seems the notion of flying to Itsly, spending one night at an airport hotel and boarding a cruise without giving Rome the two or three (minimum) days it needs. Cruising should not be just about cruising.

For some of us, adding on extra days at an expensive downtown hotel is the difference between cruising or not cruising. I've been to Seattle a few times, so if I have to stay at the airport and take an Uber or the light rail to downtown, it's not the end of the world. Last time my sister and her friends weren't getting in until 11 pm the night before, so there was nothing to be gained by having them trek downtown at midnight and then get up the next morning, spend a couple of hours sightseeing, and then check out of the hotel and head to the port. They had a late flight after the cruise, so they did spend 8+ hours downtown before heading out to the airport.

Roz

... you really should come in two days early and take the opportunity to almost double the vacation experience.

The ultimate waste seems the notion of flying to Itsly, spending one night at an airport hotel and boarding a cruise without giving Rome the two or three (minimum) days it needs. Cruising should not be just about cruising.

Very good reminder, especially to all those "cruise mavens" who think that a 5 or so hour excursion (with anyone other than HAL, that is) will "do justice" to places such as Rome.