Oasis boarding

mommao729

sitting in Port Canaveral waiting to board. On the tv it says anticipated boarding is 12:00. Is this normal? In port everglades I was on the ship at 10:45.

No, that is about an hour late. We sailed Oasis September 2nd and we boarded around 11:15am. They had announced we were boarding just before 11 but it didn't start until around 11:15.

sitting in Port Canaveral waiting to board. On the tv it says anticipated boarding is 12:00. Is this normal? In port everglades I was on the ship at 10:45.

Back in July at Cape Liberty, the TV said boarding was at 11:30am. We boarded at 10:45am.

One cruise (not RCCL) had a wedding party, arriving 2 hours late. Ugh....we did not board until about 1pm. From my understanding, Bridal parties board first? Does RC do this also?
Wedding parties do board first however I can not see them delaying boarding of the entire ship to wait for a wedding party.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

Wedding parties do board first however I can not see them delaying boarding of the entire ship to wait for a wedding party.

Good to know, Ken. It was really very upsetting for many people, as there was no where to sit. Many disabled and elderly people standing for 2 extra hours. Absolutely unforgivable.

Back in October when we boarded oasis, my co workers from work were getting married in Central Park. They were supposed to board first... well we boarded first 30 minutes before them! So that doesn’t always work

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's just pas noon now. Hope you're on board.

Sometimes that is Royal's best guess... If they say Noon and you board at 11 then you are a real happy camper but if they say 11AM and you do not board to Noon you will be making lots of bad RCI posts...

There were in excess of 100 back to back passengers on our cruise. They were called first, marched up the gangway AND stopped by security. They couldn't board the ship because their documentation/sea pass cards were not done properly. My wife and a every body behind them waited and waited and waited on the gangway until the snafu was resolved. I'm pretty sure you felt the ripple effect of that delay.