Major downgrade in Cagney's lunch menus on the Gem

Norovirus595

Just off the Gem this morning, and sadly they've reverted to their 2013 era lunch menus in Cagneys.

The previous menu was lovely (see here http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/m223_cag_lunch.pdf) and was really one of the main reasons I looked forward to being in a suite.

The old 2013 menu (see here http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/m_cagneys_lunch.pdf) felt like barely dressed up MDR food for the most part.

Is this a fleet-wide change?

Just off the Gem this morning, and sadly they've reverted to their 2013 era lunch menus in Cagneys.

The previous menu was lovely (see here http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/m223_cag_lunch.pdf) and was really one of the main reasons I looked forward to being in a suite.

The old 2013 menu (see here http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/m_cagneys_lunch.pdf) felt like barely dressed up MDR food for the most part.

Is this a fleet-wide change?

We were on the Sun before the drydock.

The menu was about 85% the second one, close to 0% from the first one.

The shrimp cocktail is the best, glad to see it return. Helps make lunch indulgent but lighter.

Give me the seafood frito misto over that any day of the week.

It's the same shrimp you get on seafood night in the buffet with some dill sprinkled on it to look fancier.

All depends. Nice to have a steak back but DS also liked the big pork chop. Also depends on things like quality - the old roast beef sandwich was dried out meat with dried out bread. If they still have the new roast beef that would still be an improvement.

You can't please all of the people all of the time but you can please some of the people some of the time. I did not care for either menu, so asked in advance on the first day if I could order the same sandwich every day when we ate in the Haven Restaurant and/or Cagney's depending on the ship. Yep, no problem. Now I do not know how they would feel if everyone went with making special menu requests but I was happy with my sandwich every day. Yes, I could order room service and get the sandwich but I wanted to eat in the restaurant with my DH and enjoy adult beverages with my meal. I really appreciated the special accommodation.

I just had the French Dip roast beef sandwich on the Dawn at the lunch suite guest restaurant. Fantastic. Tender, juicy thin sliced roast on a roll or bun that was outstanding. It was soft but with a bit of firm exterior, slight chewy but not so much so that it caused the beef to squeeze out when I took a bit. Oh, my wife had the seared scallops. Good. However....that was the only time we've ever eaten a suite guest lunch. Just wanted to finally try one. After the super fine breakfast each morning, and anticipating the usual specialty restaurant dinner, wow...I just can't fit a lunch in there and be anywhere near comfortable. Wish I could.

I just had the French Dip roast beef sandwich on the Dawn at the lunch suite guest restaurant. Fantastic. Tender, juicy thin sliced roast on a roll or bun that was outstanding. It was soft but with a bit of firm exterior, slight chewy but not so much so that it caused the beef to squeeze out when I took a bit. Oh, my wife had the seared scallops. Good. However....that was the only time we've ever eaten a suite guest lunch. Just wanted to finally try one. After the super fine breakfast each morning, and anticipating the usual specialty restaurant dinner, wow...I just can't fit a lunch in there and be anywhere near comfortable. Wish I could.
I remember the French Dip on the Pearl being great. Tender, rare, juicy. Going next week again, so I guess I'll find out. I do remember hating the fries until we asked them to skip the truffle oil.

Everyone raves about the swordfish sandwich, I'll have to give it a try.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Forums mobile app

Get ready to be shocked! Just a plain turkey and cheddar w/mayo nothing else on white toasted white bread. Boring but I love it. :D

For some reason I find your choice of sandwich hilarious. But if you like it, eat it. I've become addicted to the club sandwich from a chain place I go to. I get it once a week. It's comfort food.

86 the cheese and don't toast the bread and I'm right there with you; nothing better than a turkey sandwich.

I hate toasted bread on a sandwich. It's always "too" toasted.

I've given myself a task to find all the non buffet lunch options on the Sun. Mostly worried about spread of germs.

I hope the Gem keeps the new "old" menu. We'll be on her in November. Now we can finally have lunch for lunch - not huge dinner portions for lunch. I for one am sure happy to hear the good menus are back. I love the chicken and polenta. I hope they brought back the old breakfast menu too with Crab Cake Benedict on it too. :hearteyes::cool::hearteyes: