Aqua/Blu vs. Regular/Specialty

stickey_mouse

Having a window table isn’t that fantastic.

At night it may be dark or if the sun is shining in they lower the shades.

The tables are pushed up against the wall and the drape is against your arm and you are hitting the window sill or wall with your elbow. Every time I had a window table I had to pull it away from the wall a few inches for elbow room and it isn’t because I am a large person.

We now prefer a table away from the window and the host usually looks puzzled when we refuse it.

Happy cruising 🌊🛳🇺🇸🌅

The biggest problem for me is that during daylight hourst, sitting a the window mean all the other patrons are likely to be peering at/past me to see the ocean. That's a lot of pressure for someone not to dribble or drop food in his lap.

Another vote for AQ & Blu. Just returned from two week New Zealand/Australia cruise, first time in while not in Blu... did the dinner package, & ate in specialty restaurants 12 night, plus one in MDR (never, ever, ever again) & one in the buffet. Tuscan & Murano were just wonderful, with Tuscan being over the top good on this cruise... problem is, that both restaurants pretty much stick to either a 6 to 6:30 reservation schedule or an after 8:00, I started trying to pre book for 7 or 7:30 the minute reservations were available, & was always told, it was either 6 or wait till 8:30. The one exception was Tuscan on Embark day, we were able to dine at 7 then, mainly due to delayed boarding & muster drill situation. I was later told that they won't make a reservation at Tuscan or Murano for any time between 6:45 & 8:30, apparently the dinner packages are very popular.

We're back to AQ & Blu next trip for the open time plan.

I'm not saying that I WANT a table by the window, just asking if that's where a party of 3 would likely be seated. Or if they also have 4-tops. And yes, 1 person will have their own Aqua room.

Sorry

I misunderstood your question.

Thanks for your time to clarify it.

Happy cruising 🌊🛳🇺🇸🌅

The biggest problem for me is that during daylight hourst, sitting a the window mean all the other patrons are likely to be peering at/past me to see the ocean. That's a lot of pressure for someone not to dribble or drop food in his lap.

You know that's true. My dh isn't that crazy about window seats either for that reason, he always feels people are looking past him. For that reason we always ask for a table on the railing (DH doesn't like Blu either). I know most people do. But we missed hash browns and corned beef hash for breakfast and we were both tired of the finger link potatoes that were always served to us as garnishment and that the potatoes were green at the end of the cruise.

You know that's true. My dh isn't that crazy about window seats either for that reason, he always feels people are looking past him. For that reason we always ask for a table on the railing (DH doesn't like Blu either). I know most people do. But we missed hash browns and corned beef hash for breakfast and we were both tired of the finger link potatoes that were always served to us as garnishment and that the potatoes were green at the end of the cruise.

There are many mornings when we go to the MDR instead of Blu. There is a larger variety on the menu and basically everything else is the same. The servers constantly come around with the same sweet rolls, juices, and pots of coffee. We are always able to get a table for two and feel the service is just as good.

Happy cruising 🌊🛳🇺🇸🌅

We hadn’t done Aqua Class for awhile and just cruised on Silhouette and dined in Blu each evening. The menu has finally changed and there were lot of options each evening. Not all were winners. I’d stay away from the tuna and halibut as both were served in sauces that were not to my liking. Neither fish needed the sauce either which was odd. The spicy chicken coconut soup was especially memorable. Yum.

The service and ambiance were excellent. We did not find the tables too close for us although some people do. We had the same waiters each evening - Felix and Juniarta. They are top notch! If you are on Silhouette, follow Felix’ advice and you can’t go wrong.

We loved Persian Garden and used it almost every day. The stools in the balcony made it especially comfortable to sit outside. Ask for a cheese and fruit platter instead of the afternoon canapés. And we really liked the multi-jet showers. Check it out and enjoy!

Edited by Islander500

I'm not saying that I WANT a table by the window, just asking if that's where a party of 3 would likely be seated. Or if they also have 4-tops. And yes, 1 person will have their own Aqua room.

Yes they do have 4 tops and I would say that would be where you would be seated. After trying AQ when it was first introduced we have never looked back!...we enjoy Blu and book AQ only to have access there as my DH can't utilize the Gardens. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!! LuAnn

Yes they do have 4 tops and I would say that would be where you would be seated. After trying AQ when it was first introduced we have never looked back!...we enjoy Blu and book AQ only to have access there as my DH can't utilize the Gardens. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!! LuAnn

They will seat you at two adjacent 2 tops next to the window if they are available and you wish to do so. We did that with another couple every night on Equinox in September. They will pull the two tables together so that it is like a 4 top at the window.

The service and ambiance were excellent. We did not find the tables too close for us although some people do. We had the same waiters each evening - Felix and Juniarta. They are top notch! If you are on Silhouette, follow Felix’ advice and you can’t go wrong.

!

We had Felix a few times. He is fantastic. Servers like him are what makes dining in Blu really enjoyable. The only recommendation that I didn’t like was the squab and he really praised them. My uncle raised and raced homing pigeons. It has been ages since I had one and found that I wasn’t missing anything. Tried it for old memories and found that old memories don’t change much as I really didn’t like them then either. The next day he was all smiles as he said that they had squab in their dining room that night and it was a real treat.

Happy cruising 🌊🛳🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

Blu on Eclipse in 2016 not so great. Blu on Equinox in 2017 AMAZING! We love AQ

Hi mamamzee, my heart sank a little when i read your post as i will be sailing Eclipse a few months from now, booked in AQ. What exactly made AQ in Eclipse not so great for you?

As ive never been on AQ nor Eclipse, could you also confirm if the Eclipse Persian Garden has those rain showers (with an option for tropical rain/spring rain), which ive only seen on a YouTube video? Thanks so much! :)

I can confirm that... Eclipse also has the rain showers in Persian Garden.

Don´t worry about BLU on Eclipse. When we were on Eclipse, BLU was just as good as on other ships.

Our experience it that you can not pinpoint issues on a certain ship. We have been on the same ship up to three times in a row and noticed differences. We once had an "just OK" feeling on a ship and loved it not even three months later. It always depends on who is running the show - different crew, different experience, different chefs, different quality of food (while that is very subjective).

All our times in BLU we never had a bad experience and BLU was the reason for us to get hooked on AQ. In October we did a (otherwise fabulous) cruise on Millennium and had not booked AQ for the first time on Celebrity. The difference in price was just too much when we booked. What can I say - we really missed Blu from the first day on!

Service was good in MDR, food was also pretty good... however, boy did we feel it was loud and rushed compared to what we are used to in BLU. We both agreed that not having BLU gave the whole cruise a different feeling.

BTW: you can find some pics and explanations about Eclipse in our review: http://travellove.one/Our-Trips/Eclipse-Iceland-1/eclipse-iceland-1.html

I can confirm that... Eclipse also has the rain showers in Persian Garden.

Don´t worry about BLU on Eclipse. When we were on Eclipse, BLU was just as good as on other ships.

Our experience it that you can not pinpoint issues on a certain ship. We have been on the same ship up to three times in a row and noticed differences. We once had an "just OK" feeling on a ship and loved it not even three months later. It always depends on who is running the show - different crew, different experience, different chefs, different quality of food (while that is very subjective).

All our times in BLU we never had a bad experience and BLU was the reason for us to get hooked on AQ. In October we did a (otherwise fabulous) cruise on Millennium and had not booked AQ for the first time on Celebrity. The difference in price was just too much when we booked. What can I say - we really missed Blu from the first day on!

Service was good in MDR, food was also pretty good... however, boy did we feel it was loud and rushed compared to what we are used to in BLU. We both agreed that not having BLU gave the whole cruise a different feeling.

BTW: you can find some pics and explanations about Eclipse in our review: http://travellove.one/Our-Trips/Eclipse-Iceland-1/eclipse-iceland-1.html

Awesome, thanks so much for your quick and detailed response. I now feel better about insisting my family to book AQ.

And what a lovely coincidence, my family and i will also be going to iceland on our upcoming Eclipse cruise. Such amazing photos and experience you had of Iceland. We are hoping for sunny weather in Akukeyri as you did. Cheers