Age Demographics of Oceania cruisers

Iamthesea

What's your age?  

258 members have voted

1. 1. What's your age?

Curious what the ages are of Oceania cruisers/posters on this board.:)

Please take the poll whether you are a past cruiser or looking forward to your first Oceania cruise.

This is multiple choice, so if you and your spouse are in different age spreads, vote twice for each age.

Edited by Iamthesea

Yes, that is why I said "posters on this board." ;) I should have asked Male or Female, too. I have the hardest time trying to figure out if a poster is a male or female. For some reason, even though I am female, I think that most posters are male. :rolleyes:

Edited by Iamthesea

Funny! And I had a pretty good hint that you were female. :D

I also used to follow you on HAL, and then we were on Celebrity, and now here we are on Oceania. :) Not to change the subject, but is HAL really become that awful? I miss some of the HAL traditions. Started cruising with them because of my parents. Some of the best cruises, food, service and memories!

Our 2/12 cruise was said to be an average age of 72. Not sure where that come from, but heard it on the ship.

Edited by Iamthesea

Funny! And I had a pretty good hint that you were female. :D

I also used to follow you on HAL, and then we were on Celebrity, and now here we are on Oceania. :) Not to change the subject, but is HAL really become that awful? I miss some of the HAL traditions. Started cruising with them because of my parents. Some of the best cruises, food, service and memories!

Our 2/12 cruise was said to be an average age of 72. Not sure where that come from, but heard it on the ship.

I believe it has gotten that bad. So sad because we loved HAL. I spoke with s few people on this cruise who also once loved it and won't cruise on HAL anymore. Last year I had a weak moment and booked a week in an SA. I thought we could dine in specialty restaurants and maybe it would be comparable to Oceania. And then HAL canceled!!! They had a charter. They gave me a 3 month window to book beyond our original sailing with a perk of some kind. I said forget it and canceled. Never again.

I think to keep prices down, they've lowered too many standards. Such a shame; once such a great line.

I can see the average age being lower than what I said because there are some passengers in 50's, even younger. But definitely an older crowd. I never feel old😊

My friend and I are both 46 and we are sailing for the fourth time with Oceania this summer. We were always among the youngest onboard. It will be the first time I will celebrate my birthday onboard a cruise ship,. So, by the end of the cruise I will be 47.

While we couldn't vote, it's a good & interesting poll for those of us considering Oceania. Thanks!

You can vote. :) You are over on this forum and considering is almost booking, right?

Meldrum - Did you take the poll?

Edited by Iamthesea

I was able to vote for myself but not my husband. I see others successfully voted twice! What did I do wrong?

Not that it's that crucial ...

Same with me. Could not vote for my wife. Did I do something wrong or is the website to blame? Not a big deal as it seems we are right in line with most others as far as age.

I'm a girl😃😃😃. But, Iamthesea, for the longest time reading your posts I thought you were male. Don't know why! Then you mentioned DH.

Judging from our cruises in the Caribbean, I'd guess the demographic to average 65 to 85.

Mentioning "DH" these days doesn't necessarily mean you are a female!

John

John

My DH appreciates this sentiment :)

Having a blast on Nautica right now as we hightail it out of Korea (for obvious reasons) en route to Hiroshima! Yes an older crowd but certainly not "old" by any means. Making friends everywhere and having a great time...

John

So true! :)

Worthless poll because of the CC limitation and too many variables.

Sorry you think it worthless. It means something to some of us, and it's fun! And I tell you one more thing that it's done...it's brought posters out of the wood work! I had no idea so many were lurking on this forum. :D

Worthless poll because of the CC limitation and too many variables.

Why even comment then? If it's worthless to you, pass on by:).

John

You are correct, John. My mistake. Personally I like people to identify themselves, have a name in their signature, post a photo. I have no need to be completely anonymous so as you can see I'm very open. Of course, I could be a 25 year old guy just posting under an assumed name. One never knows;).

I guess all the nursing home people that others comment about must not be on CC or at least not voting here

I have always found the age range on our cruise to be 50-80 some older some younger

Edited by LHT28

My DH appreciates this sentiment :)

Having a blast on Nautica right now as we hightail it out of Korea (for obvious reasons) en route to Hiroshima! Yes an older crowd but certainly not "old" by any means. Making friends everywhere and having a great time...

Regarding the hightailing it out of Korea - I know you mentioned some port time changes because of navy or military maneuvers, are tensions heating up between North and South (more so than normal)?

Great to see you are having a good time, even with all the curve balls that have been thrown at you.

With regards to the poll, the result seems to fit with what I have experienced on my two O cruises. To me, O's demographic seemed similar to Celebrity...clumped in the 50's and 60's, with perhaps fewer 30's on O. And, definitely less children on O.

Edited by buggins0402

but hit 'submit' before considering that I could vote for my parents who have been on 3 O cruises, they are in their 80s.

Even if not sound as 'scientific' data, the poll is fun and even has a pretty normal distribution :)

I guess all the nursing home people that others comment about must not be on CC or at least not voting here

I have always found the age range on our cruise to be 50-80 some older some younger

Look at the poll numbers, Seems like about 85% are in your range. Are you reading something different from I am?

Personally I like people to identify themselves, have a name in their signature, post a photo. I have no need to be completely anonymous so as you can see I'm very open. Of course, I could be a 25 year old guy just posting under an assumed name. One never knows;).

With my CC name of I am the Sea, (sounds like something a female would dream up :rolleyes:) and my photo of a starfish under water, that people would assume that I am NOT a male. :D

Regarding the hightailing it out of Korea - I know you mentioned some port time changes because of navy or military maneuvers, are tensions heating up between North and South (more so than normal)?

Great to see you are having a good time, even with all the curve balls that have been thrown at you.

They are doing the annual military games in the area though this year is the biggest yet (over 300,000 troops). The captain told us the day before yesterday while we were in Seoul that it was deemed unsafe to move on to Jeju and we'd spend the night in the port (actually in a lock - safer?) and then go around the activity and head straight to Hiroshima. We dock early tomorrow. Really rough seas today with wind at over 60 knots. The ship is listing hard and rocking around. Watching everyone try to navigate the buffet is rather amusing. ;)