Cruising to Hawaii from Vancouver on October 4th

galatea27

Generally the sun will rise in the east and set in the west. There might be some exceptions. Oh, yeah, the water will be wet.

Check with the weather sources online to see what history might show. That might be more reliable than people like me.

Jim

OP, as you've figured out by now, nobody really wants to play weather forecaster for the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

I've never made this trip, but from everything I've read (having thought about it for some time), the first few days out and the last few coming back are usually quite cool.

I'll go out on a limb, though, about the time in the islands. Weve been there 12-15 times over the years, and that is a real hot time of year in Hawaii. September is their hottest, often most humid month, so early October will likely be uncomfortably hot if you're outdoors or stuck without AC.

Jim

Nobody can, like I said any ports I will be visiting within a given week, I look up each Port for the time frame right before I leave to get a weekly/10 day forecast. I guess the only thing that can be said traveling to Hawaii, is the weather for the most part is lovely with occasional rain for s short period. Traveling from the West Coast there are those 2 days where the sea can be a little rough and temps cool. I think one of our visits was in Oct and again great weather.

We sailed this route in October a few years ago. bring hoodies and wind breakers and layers, if you like to be out side or watch MUTS in the evening (first 2 days and last 2 days). For us, it was cool but comfortable for the first two days heading out. Then you could feel the change, and the sun had real warmth. In the shade there was still a coolness on the 3rd day, but sun bathers were out on the deck chairs in the middle of the day. By day 4 - it was just sunny and warm and great - and you needed shade unless you really like the sun.

On the way back, we encountered some weather and rougher seas on the final 2 days. Rain. Most people remained indoors, but it was actually quite enjoyable to use the hot tubs in the rain and cool weather - really kind of eerily inviting.

Don

Well O.P. looks like you have a lot of humorous people answering. I don't know the weather in Hawaii at that time. But we did this cruise in March and I can tell you the weather on the Pacific was cool, windy, and swells of 15' the first 2 days out, both directions. Have a great time. No one can do anything about the weather, just take layers.

When is hurricane season on the Pacific coast???? I think it ends at the end of November. So October 4 is right in there!! We have always done cruises in April to /from Vancouver or to from San Francisco re: Hawaii.

OK, some clarification here. On the Pacific coast, hurricane season winds down around Oct 1. Hawaii, which is no where near the Pacific coast (and hurricanes go no where near Vancouver) generally gets out of hurricane season before the Pacific Coast.

I can tell you that this fall has been very cool and wet in the Vancouver region - we are having record low temps for September with no real likelihood of it getting much warmer or drier. Sometimes there is really lovely late summer, warm, dry weather - this does not seem to be that year. I would prepare for definite wet and cold weather for the first 4 days

I can tell you that this fall has been very cool and wet in the Vancouver region - we are having record low temps for September with no real likelihood of it getting much warmer or drier. Sometimes there is really lovely late summer, warm, dry weather - this does not seem to be that year. I would prepare for definite wet and cold weather for the first 4 days

Thank you Tanyaewa.

We sailed this route in October a few years ago. bring hoodies and wind breakers and layers, if you like to be out side or watch MUTS in the evening (first 2 days and last 2 days). For us, it was cool but comfortable for the first two days heading out. Then you could feel the change, and the sun had real warmth. In the shade there was still a coolness on the 3rd day, but sun bathers were out on the deck chairs in the middle of the day. By day 4 - it was just sunny and warm and great - and you needed shade unless you really like the sun.