3 Blu Questions

Luvcrusn

I'm with the previous poster. I'm not sure I understand the difference between evening chic and smart casual beyond a notation that designer jeans for men are okay on chic nights. I dress the same regardless. Dress slacks and a sport shirt or occasionally a dress shirt. The choice of shirt isn't dependent on the dress code. I've never been approached about the propriety of my attire.

....I cannot figure out how some posters can call Blu "elegant and intimate". With the tables for 2 about 18 inches apart and conversations being overheard, that is not my idea of intimate. If you want to use "elegant and intimate" in reference to Murano, that is appropriate.
It is all relative.

After sitting in the MDR at tables for 2 that are only a couple of inches apart, by comparison 18 inches apart in Blu seems quite spacious. ;)

It is all relative.

After sitting in the MDR at tables for 2 that are only a couple of inches apart, by comparison 18 inches apart in Blu seems quite spacious. ;)

We were speaking softly in Blu and the person at the next table joined our conversation. That is how close it is. And the servers cannot make it thru between tables and either have to lean over or walk around.

Well, that doesn't bother me as much as a table with 6 strangers and having to go through the same routine of questions every evening.

The tables are close, but not objectionably so.

If you are inclined to talk about the other people in the dining room or the state of your relationship though, that would probably be problematic.

Well, that doesn't bother me as much as a table with 6 strangers and having to go through the same routine of questions every evening.

The tables are close, but not objectionably so.

If you are inclined to talk about the other people in the dining room or the state of your relationship though, that would probably be problematic.

I believe you said you were an attorney in a previous post. My attorney had a problem when eating at a table for 6 when he told them his profession. He would spend his whole dinner with people asking him how to solve their personal legal problems. He was on vacation and wasn't interested in talking shop. He solved that problem by telling his tablemates he was a PSYCHIATRIST! No more questions. His mates even avoided eye contact! :D

- Do we need to make reservations or just show up?

No, BLU does not take reservations, you just show up

- Does Blu have lobster night like the MDR?

Some dishes feature lobster. To my understanding there is no more lobster night in MDR, so no diffrence. But even if so, you can also dine in MDR on a night should you prefer the menu. You are not forced to eat at BLU

- Does the evening chic (whatever that means!) dress code apply in Blu?

No, the advertised dress codes do not apply to BLU. However, people in general dress nicely (not overdress) in BLU.

- And with Blu I see it being healthy cuisine... will I get enough food or are the portions small?

Although previously advertised as health food (now the website says "clean" food) I would never have the food as health food. Good, yes!!! Healthy ???

The sizes are OK and you can always have two starters or dishes

But see for yourself

[YOUTUBE]IZ5eFfLRz0k[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Miaminice

I agree. Tables in blu are too close together and it ruins the experience.

How much further apart do you want them to be ?

Infinity:

575-IMG_1125.jpg

Silhouette:

044-IMG_8746-2.jpg

I think the distance is OK to start a conversation but also to avoid a conversation ;)

I'm with the previous poster. I'm not sure I understand the difference between evening chic and smart casual beyond a notation that designer jeans for men are okay on chic nights. I dress the same regardless. Dress slacks and a sport shirt or occasionally a dress shirt. The choice of shirt isn't dependent on the dress code. I've never been approached about the propriety of my attire.

Jeans have been allowed for several years now in all the dining rooms on Celebrity. Just like Chic no one can define what designer Jeans are, I live in Pa and in the winter I wear jeans everyday and my designer is Kirkland.

Edited by dkjretired

I believe you said you were an attorney in a previous post. My attorney had a problem when eating at a table for 6 when he told them his profession. He would spend his whole dinner with people asking him how to solve their personal legal problems. He was on vacation and wasn't interested in talking shop. He solved that problem by telling his tablemates he was a PSYCHIATRIST! No more questions. His mates even avoided eye contact! :D

LOL... yes, I run into this all the time. I rarely tell anyone voluntarily. I suppose if I were a dermatologist, people would ask me to look at their moles :)

How much further apart do you want them to be ?

Infinity:

575-IMG_1125.jpg

Nice to have pictures to dispel the exaggerations! Thanks.

BTW, we have eaten at the table on the lower right two or three times on the Infinity.

Edited by El Crucero

[

- Does Blu have lobster night like the MDR?

Some dishes feature lobster. To my understanding there is no more lobster night in MDR, so no diffrence.

The waiter in the MDR last month on Eclipse would be surprised to hear that. We were served 2 each!;)

The waiter in the MDR last month on Eclipse would be surprised to hear that. We were served 2 each!;)

Apologies!

I just read all over that people complained about lobster not being served any more.

Personally, I could not care less... I absolutely dislike any kind of seafood. Therefore I do not pay too much attention to the lobster routine.

So when it comes to that subject I admit I am treading on thin ice ;).

But I know that DW is happy to have lobster in BLU sometimes.

Edited by Miaminice

If you want to eat in the MDR on a given night do you need to make a reservation?

Not really... you just go to the SelectDining entrance and ask for a table.

Some will tell you you would have to speak to the maitre `d of Blu first.

Our experience is that you do not have to.

Look at the menus displayed at the entrances of Blu and MDR. If for some reason you like the menu of the MDR more on a certain evening just step in and ask for a table. No problem at all.

BTW: There are certain items of the MDR menus (like Onion Soup, Escargot, Caesar Salat) you can always order in BLU.

Edited by Miaminice

Nice to have pictures to dispel the exaggerations! Thanks.

BTW, we have eaten at the table on the lower right two or three times on the Infinity.

Not sure it's an exaggeration. Were those actual photos or ones from Celebrity's web site?

I'm on the Reflection right now and this was taken today. I used my cell phone as a reference and the tables were approximately eight inches apart.

34b7912fa889bd6b23f2327bf5e8fbea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by iheartbda

Not sure it's an exaggeration. Were those actual photos or ones from Celebrity's web site?

I'm on the Reflection right now and this was taken today. I used my cell phone as a reference and the tables were approximately eight inches apart.

34b7912fa889bd6b23f2327bf5e8fbea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree, might as well be a 4 top. Not that we really mind but it's not a "private" table for 2. Last month on the Eclipse there was two 2 tops next to each other but they took one away to use for a table for 10 so we really did have a private 2 top the entire cruise. It was really nice.

Please keep in mind that Reflection is an exception because of the greater number of AQ staterooms. The photos above are from Infinity and Silhouette (I took them) and I can show you pics with the same wider distance from Constellation and Eclipse.

Edited by Miaminice

LOL... yes, I run into this all the time. I rarely tell anyone voluntarily. I suppose if I were a dermatologist, people would ask me to look at their moles :)

Didn't they leave them in their lawn at home?:D

I have a friend who is a clergyman........weddings, baptisms or maybe funerals?

Constellation is one of the better ones is it? We are in Blu later in the year and like our two table to be that!

Edited by AnOnymously

The tables on an M class ship (e.g. Infinity) have spacing as shown in the picture. The tables on an S class ship (e.g. Reflection) have spacing as shown in the picture. We have been in Aqua (Blu) on both class ships. We prefer the M class ships.

On Reflection if you are a party of 2 and near the end of the line you have to pretty much say "excuse me" about 4 times if you have to leave to use the restroom, the tables are pretty close together.