St Maarten stop replaced by St Kitts

loman

I saw that in an article I read today .

The devestation there is tragic. I hope they can get their lives back together over there.

My question is , can St Kitts handle an Oasis class ship at the dock or is a tender port .

Thanks

I saw that in an article I read today .

The devestation there is tragic. I hope they can get their lives back together over there.

My question is , can St Kitts handle an Oasis class ship at the dock or is a tender port .

Thanks

St. Kitts is a dock.

Can the Oasis tender? When I was on the Allure I was told there were no tenders, only lifeboats.

I was in St. Kitts (docked) on the Norwegian Breakaway, so I imagine it can handle the Oasis.

The company has decided that amount of guests on Oasis class ships makes tendering an bad option. I suppose they could tender if absolutely necessary, but it's not something they want to do.

ST. Thomas & St. Maarten are so devastated, it's just heartbreaking... :(

We are booked on the Nov 26, 2017 sailing of the Allure, originally scheduled for Nassau, St. Thomas & St. Kitts. I am wondering if we will just lose a port, or maybe (hopefully) get re-routed to San Juan instead. We really enjoyed it there a few years back on our prior Indy cruise. Interesting to see how it pans out...

It will be our first time on an Oasis class ship, so this cruise will be all about the ship, anyway. :)

The tender boats aren't on the ship, they're based at the ports.:p

Not all ships use port-based tenders. Many use a subset of their lifeboats to tender. We recently sailed on the NCL Jade and they used 6 of their larger lifeboats for tendering operations in several ports.

Not all ships use port-based tenders. Many use a subset of their lifeboats to tender. We recently sailed on the NCL Jade and they used 6 of their larger lifeboats for tendering operations in several ports.

I've seen MSC doing this also. But I've personally never seen RCL use ship based tenders.

ST. Thomas & St. Maarten are so devastated, it's just heartbreaking... :(

We are booked on the Nov 26, 2017 sailing of the Allure, originally scheduled for Nassau, St. Thomas & St. Kitts. I am wondering if we will just lose a port, or maybe (hopefully) get re-routed to San Juan instead. We really enjoyed it there a few years back on our prior Indy cruise. Interesting to see how it pans out...

It will be our first time on an Oasis class ship, so this cruise will be all about the ship, anyway. :)

It's my understanding that, due to Allure's azipod issue, they will not be going to St. Kitts until after the drydock in January 2108. I thought they were replacing St. Kitts with San Juan.

It's my understanding that, due to Allure's azipod issue, they will not be going to St. Kitts until after the drydock in January 2108. I thought they were replacing St. Kitts with San Juan.

Our November 12th cruise was originally Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Martin. Then they changed St. Thomas to San Juan.

Wondering now with the bad azipod thing going on, if we don't end up with St. Martin being replaced with Labadee.

Would a Nassau, San Juan and Labadee itinerary even be possible?

The schedules will changed based on how many other ships are in certain ports. Celebrity made a stop in Martinique instead of Saint Martin. Don't be surprised if your trip goes there as a replacement of St Martin. It just depends on the port schedule for eastern ports with two of the most popular ports out of commission.

Thanks for the replies ,

Good to see that there are more docks that can accommodate the Oasis class ships.

As we are pretty much enamored with the Oasis class and will only sail on that class

Moving forward , we are looking toward a bit more variety with destinations .

We have sailed other class of ships with RC , and the ship is the destination more than the itinary though.

Isn't it great to have such a variety of ships within the same company.

We're on the 26th cruise on the Allure, right now St Kitts is on the itinerary. (Nassau, St Thomas, St Kitts). If st Thomas isn't up and running by then, then where do we go? Can St Croix handle an Oasis ship? I'd love to go there but doubt it could handle the Allure.

What ports can handle the Oasis ships?

I've seen MSC doing this also. But I've personally never seen RCL use ship based tenders.

Been on two RC sailings that they used their boats. After a while they all run together but I know one was Belize and it was a mix of a couple of their lifeboats and the tenders they had their contract with. The other, I am almost positive, was Cozumel after hurricane Wilma (the piers were taken out by Wilma and you had to tender in).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We're on the 26th cruise on the Allure, right now St Kitts is on the itinerary. (Nassau, St Thomas, St Kitts). If st Thomas isn't up and running by then, then where do we go? Can St Croix handle an Oasis ship? I'd love to go there but doubt it could handle the Allure.

Oasis class ships have been to San Juan.

You might end up in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

I remember seeing at least one RCCI ship at Santorini when I was there on the Oosterdam. That is a tender port. It might have been the Brilliance.

St Thomas can take an awful lot of ships, seven or eight. That won't be easy to reschedule around. . But these islands will want to be up and running as soon as humanly possible, its' such a source of income.