No HAL to Bermuda in 2019?

marco

We've gone on the "Veendam" out of Boston toe Bermuda and would like to again next year. WAY prefer docking in Hamilton and HAL seems to stay a day longer than other lines, too. It doesn't appear that they will be doing that run in 2019. Anyone know yea or nay? I haven't consulted with our TA, but I can't find any listing on any on-line site for HAL to Bermuda in 2019.

Rotterdam will be making a one day stop at King's Wharf, Royal Naval Dockyard on her 15-Day Tampa, FL to Rotterdam, Holland journey, departing on 14 APR 19. That's HAL's only call in Bermuda for 2019. Zaandam is doing Canada-New England cruises, Boston to Montreal. She is NOT going to Bermuda

Rotterdam will be making a one day stop at King's Wharf, Royal Naval Dockyard on her 15-Day Tampa, FL to Rotterdam, Holland journey, departing on 14 APR 19. That's HAL's only call in Bermuda for 2019. Zaandam is doing Canada-New England cruises, Boston to Montreal. She is NOT going to Bermuda

I was inquiring and looking in to those Zaandam cruises this week.

Wish Maasdam would be doing tht but she is not. Friends invited to me to go with them to Japan . not goling to happen.

According to HAL website, Zuiderdam is also stopping in Bermuda April 2019.

According to HAL website, Zuiderdam is also stopping in Bermuda April 2019.

Yep, you're correct; didn't check the bigger ships. Zuidy is also making a one-day stop at King's Wharf, Royal Naval Dockyard on 24 APR 19 while on her 16-Day Ft. Lauderdale to Copenhagen, Denmark journey, departing on 21 APR 19

Although, while on a January cruise this year, a flyer I picked up showed HAL going to Bermuda in 2019, obviously this isn't happening. I have been going to Bermuda from Boston on a 7 day cruise in June for the past three years. I heard they do this every few years - discontinue going to Bermuda for a full week cruise. Sad.

I also have sailed the 7 day cruise to Bermuda SEVEal cruise lines a number of times.

They are moving Veendam next summer so she can sail iinto Venice as . larger ships can no longer call at Venice due to fear of damage. Veendam meets their requirements and will be permitted in. I f it saves Venice for future generations, imo, it i s worth it.

I wish that HAL would cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Bermuda round trip. Don't know why they've never done that.

I agree with your suggestion.

I also wish that HAL would consider a return to the Port of Norfolk or cruises from the Port of Baltimore. A Bermuda cruise from there might attract many of us who live in the mid-Atlantic and Midwest part of our country.

Bermuda has typically been a destination for folks from the Northeast. I have very few clients who fly to NYC/BOS for Bermuda cruises - 99% of my clients who book these sailings are within a 3hr drive Many passengers from other areas of the country would pref to fly/drive to a port where they can go the Caribbean or Bahams over Bermuda. There is little natural demand to travel to Bermuda from Florida and I think the sea distance from NY/Boston is actually shorter than FLL/MIA, though I could be wrong.

The difference in distance between Boston-Bermuda and FLL-Bermuda is roughly 250 miles. Certainly not enough to make that much of a difference -- the fares could be adjusted and I am guessing it would be a popular cruise.

Did you take into consderaation, Cape Hateras?? If you are going to compare, you really should IMO.

No need toguesss the popularity of the cruise from Boston. ThaT Is well established. Also, how far is the airport from cruise port? how good or bad are flight choices and frquencyfrom major cosmopolitan areas??

Edited by sail7seas