aLl Inclusive Beverage Package

GMECruiser

If you have purchased the all inclusive beverage package, can you order wine in the main dining room or do you need to get it at a bar and take into the dining room?
You can order wines by the glass (up to $10) at bars, Vines, the Horizon Court and all dining rooms.

If you have purchased the all inclusive beverage package, can you order wine in the main dining room or do you need to get it at a bar and take into the dining room?

Yes, you don't have to go out to the bar to order your inclusive wine.

Yes, you are able to order wine by the glass in the dining room. The above poster is correct, there is a very nice selection of wines by the glass at Vines. You might want to stop off for a glass on your way to dinner.

• 5 months later...
With the beverage package, are you able to pay the additional for glasses of wine priced above $10?

For any drink that is more than the $10 covered by the package, you pay the entire amount plus gratuity. You do not pay the difference between $10 and whatever the drink costs, you pay the full amount plus gratuity.

For any drink that is more than the $10 covered by the package, you pay the entire amount plus gratuity. You do not pay the difference between $10 and whatever the drink costs, you pay the full amount plus gratuity.

Thank you!

This will be our first time w/the Princess package. We're used to just paying the upcharge on Celebrity's Premium package, so this is good to know it works differently w/Princess.

Thank you!

This will be our first time w/the Princess package. We're used to just paying the upcharge on Celebrity's Premium package, so this is good to know it works differently w/Princess.

Unlike Celebrity, Princess does not load up their drinks menu with selections intentionally priced higher than the AIBP threshold with the intent of extorting you to purchase an "uprgaded" package. Having just the one AIBP clears away all the confusion as to "which package is best for me?" that X and RCI choose to create.

Unlike Celebrity, Princess does not load up their drinks menu with selections intentionally priced higher than the AIBP threshold with the intent of extorting you to purchase an "uprgaded" package. Having just the one AIBP clears away all the confusion as to "which package is best for me?" that X and RCI choose to create.

Understood and I don't disagree.

My only disappointment is I can't pay the upcharge for the more premium wines by the glass over $10 at Vines.

Thank you!

I think you'll enjoy the differences.. Princess's AIBP covers even more drinks than Celebrity's premium package, there's approx 5 drinks or so that are nor covered, and 3 or 4 of them are wines by the glass....so you have a pretty huge selection to choose from.... There's a beverage package evaluator thread here in CC which lists all of Princess drinks and costs, so you can see for yourself..

Enjoy your sailing.

Extortion? that's a bit exaggerated.....and for the record X has ALWAYS had a much more high end wine selection and more choices than Princess even long before drink packages were offered...and IMO it is MUCH nicer to have the option if you would like a glass of vino that costs $25 per glass to be able to only pay the difference rather than the entire cost.....I usually stay below my limit but every now and then I want to try a higher end scotch or port and paying the difference is a MUCH better option than the entire amount..

Extortion? that's a bit exaggerated.....and for the record X has ALWAYS had a much more high end wine selection and more choices than Princess even long before drink packages were offered...and IMO it is MUCH nicer to have the option if you would like a glass of vino that costs $25 per glass to be able to only pay the difference rather than the entire cost.....I usually stay below my limit but every now and then I want to try a higher end scotch or port and paying the difference is a MUCH better option than the entire amount..

Small note about X packages...you only have the option to pay the difference if you have their Premium package. For those with the Classic or Select, if they want something over their cap (which is remarkably low for the price of Xs drinks), they have to pay the full amount plus gratuity.....

While extort is obviously hyperbole, the various levels of package at Celebrity can be a bit much and quite limiting for those with Classic or Select....

Understood and I don't disagree.

My only disappointment is I can't pay the upcharge for the more premium wines by the glass over $10 at Vines.

There's only 3 or 4 wines/champagnes by the glass above $10 - so tour selection of included wines is quite wide....

And FWIW, on Celebrity, if one had the Classic or Select package, you don't just oay the difference, you pay the full amount for a drink over the limit, plus gratuity.

It's only rhe Premium package that allows for paying rhe difference.....

Yes, you are able to order wine by the glass in the dining room. The above poster is correct, there is a very nice selection of wines by the glass at Vines. You might want to stop off for a glass on your way to dinner.

We would go to Vines for pre dinner drinks, about 15 minutes before ready for dinner (anytime) go over to the dining room and get a pager, when it starting beeping, got a glass to go and carried it into the dining room....DH even would get up and go back to Vines for 2 more glasses during dinner so we could enjoy the excellent wines from Vines with dinner..

Nobody batted an eye and after a few days, Vines just gave us 2 glasses when we headed to dinner so DH did not have to go back....

Everyone is very accommodating!

There's only 3 or 4 wines/champagnes by the glass above $10 - so tour selection of included wines is quite wide....

And FWIW, on Celebrity, if one had the Classic or Select package, you don't just oay the difference, you pay the full amount for a drink over the limit, plus gratuity.

It's only rhe Premium package that allows for paying rhe difference.....

Thanks...I had forgotten how many wines over $10 Vines offered.

We always get the Premium package on Celebrity and understand that's the only package that allows the upgrade on wines by the glass over the ceiling limit.

I'm sure we'll enjoy the Princess package, too. The only thing we don't do is get locked into games of cruise line A vs. cruise line B. We're not cheerleaders for any given line, but rather enjoy the strengths of each line. To each their own, but for us variety is the spice of our lives! :)

Thanks...I had forgotten how many wines over $10 Vines offered.

We always get the Premium package on Celebrity and understand that's the only package that allows the upgrade on wines by the glass over the ceiling limit.

I'm sure we'll enjoy the Princess package, too. The only thing we don't do is get locked into games of cruise line A vs. cruise line B. We're not cheerleaders for any given line, but rather enjoy the strengths of each line. To each their own, but for us variety is the spice of our lives! :)

Precisely! Each line has strengths and weaknesses, each offers a different product and enjoying the variety is fun while we can!

I'm sure you'll find Princess quite enjoyable. Have a lovely cruise..

I'm not sure what higher end scotch X carries but ALL scotch on Princess falls within the AIBP limits. There are 5 items not included. 3 wines and 2 liquors.

From the above referenced Beverage Package Evaluator these are the only items not included:

• Chivas Royal Salute - $12.50
  • Remy Martin XO - $12.00
  • Mirabelle, Brut Rose - $11.00
  • Nicholas Feuillatte, Brut - $13.00
  • Veuve Clicquot, Brut - $17.00
  • Nebbiolo Valmaggiore, Bruno Giacosa - $12.00
  • Cabernet Sauvignon, Sanctuary - $13.00

I'm not sure what higher end scotch X carries but ALL scotch on Princess falls within the AIBP limits. There are 5 items not included. 3 wines and 2 liquors.

From the above referenced Beverage Package Evaluator these are the only items not included:

• Chivas Royal Salute - $12.50
  • Remy Martin XO - $12.00
  • Mirabelle, Brut Rose - $11.00
  • Nicholas Feuillatte, Brut - $13.00
  • Veuve Clicquot, Brut - $17.00
  • Nebbiolo Valmaggiore, Bruno Giacosa - $12.00
  • Cabernet Sauvignon, Sanctuary - $13.00

Hi Thrak, we have Johnnie Walker Blue on the rowboat and because you know me you're drinks are FREE!!!! :D :D

Tony

Like some others, this is my first Princess cruise after 7 on Celebrity. Always get the Premium Package and from what I can see (correct me if wrong), the Celebrity Premium is slightly cheaper than Princess package. Celebrity has a limit of $13- per drink and that covers pretty well everything including more Exotic Cocktails. I have yet to take a look at the "evaluator" but note the limit with Princess is $10- which makes me ask about Cocktails. Are these all within the $10- maximum? Cheers

Yes, all the cocktails are covered. It covers everything except the 5 items listed above. It also includes coffees, (Gelato on the royal and regal), shakes (on the ships that have them), bottled water, fresh juice, and sodas. For more information the beverage pkg evaluator (linked in an above post) is great which lists all of the drink onboard and their prices.