Terrace pool

BuckGood

There is a sign at the pool that specifically states Adults Only. Of course, during sail away on our last cruise there were 3 young girls (maybe 7 or 8 years old???) in the pool. Mind boggling that parents don't teach their children better behavior. I'm not saying that the kids were behaving badly but they shouldn't have been in the pool in the fist place. Naturally the parents were there drinking.

My wife loves that pool during the day. A great place to have a dip, soak up some sun, read a bit, and have a beer. :D

We are going on the Grand in June to Alaska. I am hoping that the weather will be warm enough to enjoy the terrace pool without kids.

The pools aren't usually very warm. We spend most of our pool time at the Lotus Spa pool in the hot tub.

The Lotus Spa pool is more private than the Terrace pool, usually less crowded and upgraded loungers.

Shhh! Don't tell anyone.;)

What happens if you ask a Princess Employee to explain to the parents that the pool is adult only and their kids must get out?

Well... As the only staff that was in the area was a couple of bartenders and maybe one or two servers and it was sail away so they were insanely busy I can't imagine they would have bothered to do anything about the kids. It isn't a bartender's or server's job to do so anyway. Had an officer come along and received a complaint I feel confident that the officer would have spoken with the parents or perhaps with the children but likely only to ask them who their parents were.

Out of 9 cruises with Princess I have used the pools and hot tubs exactly zero times. My wife does use them a bit but isn't one of those who are constantly lounging in the sun by the pool.

That lovely aft pool is important to those of us w/mobility issues. It's a "walk-in/walk-out" pool.

The other pools require climbing out via a steep, vertical ladder.

I've been known to tell kids that they are in the wrong pool, that "this pool is only for adults." :cool:

The pools aren't usually very warm. We spend most of our pool time at the Lotus Spa pool in the hot tub.

The Lotus Spa pool is more private than the Terrace pool, usually less crowded and upgraded loungers.

Shhh! Don't tell anyone.;)

I totally agree that the Lotus Spa is a better choice but , wait, here it comes, I am not going to spend $40 a day when I have already paid for the pool once. As far as letting kids (and parents) know they are at the wrong pool I have lost my filters years ago and have no problem redirecting both parents and kids. It is an adult pool for a reason.

What happens if you ask a Princess Employee to explain to the parents that the pool is adult only and their kids must get out?

I don't know the answer to that, but I do know that we saw a couple smoking in the hot tub at the Lotus Spa pool. Asked the attendant who was there to speak to them and he refused.

I wanted to find an officer to report it to, but DH said "let's just leave".

I totally agree that the Lotus Spa is a better choice but , wait, here it comes, I am not going to spend $40 a day when I have already paid for the pool once. As far as letting kids (and parents) know they are at the wrong pool I have lost my filters years ago and have no problem redirecting both parents and kids. It is an adult pool for a reason.

That's why it's such a great pool...it's FREE. It isn't part of the Lotus Spa, it's just adjacent. If 7/8 of the passengers think it costs $$, they stay away and leave it for ME.;p

You do not have to pay $40 a day to use the Lotus Spa pool, unless something has changed in the last year. While it is very close to the Sanctuary, it is not for their exclusive use.

I totally agree with the mobility comment--we explore the various pools to determine which, if any, will work for family member's needs.

I know I'm a b* but I feel strongly that if an area is designated "adults only," it should be so. I have no problem pointing out to children that they don't belong there. No, I don't have the right to "card" teens who may be trying to get away with it, but obvious 10 year olds need to move to a "family" area. There are VERY few adult only areas on Princess!