Any update on cruises scheduled to leave from Puerto Rico?

mixplix

If anyone can provide info of if there will be anything to do in PR please post. We are scheduled on the NCL Dawn repo from Boston to PR for Nov 12 arrival in PR. Our hotel Hyatt House cancelled our reservation last week. Our return flight is 2 days after staying in PR. Haven’t found another hotel yet as most say they are not opening till Dec 1. Others have scheduled multiple hotels Incase of cancellations which makes it harder to secure a hotel. And prices have risen because of it. So much stress with this trip. I was hoping they diverted away from PR but it does not look that way. I know they need the tourism dollars but the people that live there also need their homes repaired or rebuilt and the focus should be there.

If anyone can provide info of if there will be anything to do in PR please post. We are scheduled on the NCL Dawn repo from Boston to PR for Nov 12 arrival in PR. Our hotel Hyatt House cancelled our reservation last week. Our return flight is 2 days after staying in PR. Haven’t found another hotel yet as most say they are not opening till Dec 1. Others have scheduled multiple hotels Incase of cancellations which makes it harder to secure a hotel. And prices have risen because of it. So much stress with this trip. I was hoping they diverted away from PR but it does not look that way. I know they need the tourism dollars but the people that live there also need their homes repaired or rebuilt and the focus should be there.

I would call your airline and change your return flight. Most airlines are waiving change fees through Spring 2018. Best wishes to you!

Someone on the roll call almost had to sleep at the air port Thursday night. When they got to the sheraton, there was a sign that said "hotel closed". No phone service. A bellman helped them find an Air BNB

They didn't check with their hotel to see if it was open? I mean, clearly they needed to get there if the cruise was leaving, and yes, Sheraton should have contacted them to say it was closed (might have, might have gone to spam folder...)

BUT given the state of everything, that was pretty irresponsible on their part to NOT check with their reserved hotel to ensure they would have a place to stay.

They didn't check with their hotel to see if it was open? I mean, clearly they needed to get there if the cruise was leaving, and yes, Sheraton should have contacted them to say it was closed (might have, might have gone to spam folder...)

BUT given the state of everything, that was pretty irresponsible on their part to NOT check with their reserved hotel to ensure they would have a place to stay.

They confirmed and were told it was fine.

They called and were told all was good and hotel was open.

They called and were told all was good and hotel was open.

They confirmed and were told it was fine.

Then I would HOPE Sheraton will do something for them since clearly they were lied to.

Do you know if they called the hotel directly or the reservations line? It shouldn't matter, but the reservations line is likely not located in San Juan, and they for some reason might have missed the memo.

(Incidentally, assuming they are talking about the Sheraton Old San Juan, their website states "no reservations before November 30, 2017")

Then I would HOPE Sheraton will do something for them since clearly they were lied to.

Do you know if they called the hotel directly or the reservations line? It shouldn't matter, but the reservations line is likely not located in San Juan, and they for some reason might have missed the memo.

(Incidentally, assuming they are talking about the Sheraton Old San Juan, their website states "no reservations before November 30, 2017")

Lied to also by one of my hotels! Do not trust them ..they are hedging their bets....you will loose!

The Sheraton Old San Juan had some issues with the generator. They also had problems getting diesel, like everyone else. A new generator arrived last week, last time I talked to someone that works there they were about to open. But, like most hotels they are being used by first responders.

Only 10% of our population has electricity, including some areas in Condado and Isla Verde. Try to book hotels or apartments on those areas. Many apartment buildings have generators. Finding diesel is not a problem anymore, like it was the first week after the hurricane.

Another good option is to book hotels in the Convention Center area, which is really close to the Panamerican Pier. The Convention Center is being used by the government to coordinate all the help and logistics.

#KeepPuertoRicoInYourPrayers

Just a heads up everyone to keep a watch on your flights. I'm on the 10/28 sailing and our flight home was canceled today. We were able to get rebooked on the same day, just a much later flight. I called as soon as I got the notice and availability was limited.

Just a heads up everyone to keep a watch on your flights. I'm on the 10/28 sailing and our flight home was canceled today. We were able to get rebooked on the same day, just a much later flight. I called as soon as I got the notice and availability was limited.

I'm on the 10/28 sailing. What airline are you flying on?

Darcy,

Thanks for the heads up.

Much appreciated.

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

We are also sailing on 10/28 and Just found out our jet blue return flights were cancelled too. That's not going to go over well with so many passengers stuck over night and no hotels . I'm not sure why Jet Blue had to pull all their flights for 11/4

We're still flying home on the 4th so they didn't pull all their flights. They canceled our 11:45 am flight and then transferred everyone on that flight to later ones. Availability was limited when I called (I didn't like the flight they assigned us to), but there were still some seats left. I just checked and it looks like San Juan to Boston is sold out!

A caution for those booked at the Hampton Inn. We knew from their website they are not honouring existing reservations or taking new ones until Halloween, which doesn’t affect us since we come a few weeks later. Then I noticed on the FB page the only guest photos feature FEMA workers. Got me to thinking so I FB messaged, asking if they are open only to FEMA staff. They said yes, which didn’t surprise based on the note on their website. What did surprise me was they said they are closed to the public until further notice, as opposed to Halloween, as the website says. I mentioned I have a reservation near the end of November and asked if I should be making a backup reservation elsewhere. The clerk said they’d recommend I do that. In truth, I already had. I do think that although a limited number of hotels are open at this point, the ongoing and necessary presence of FEMA workers might prove a challenge for some who, for various reasons, cannot fly in the day of the cruise.

We're still flying home on the 4th so they didn't pull all their flights. They canceled our 11:45 am flight and then transferred everyone on that flight to later ones. Availability was limited when I called (I didn't like the flight they assigned us to), but there were still some seats left. I just checked and it looks like San Juan to Boston is sold out!

Jet blue put air back today for the 11/4 return Sju to Bos. We were able to get earlier flights back. Hopefully it stays now. Looking forward to the 10/28 Adventure sailing !

Jet blue put air back today for the 11/4 return Sju to Bos. We were able to get earlier flights back. Hopefully it stays now. Looking forward to the 10/28 Adventure sailing !

I just checked and they must have sold out. There was only one flight left that had a layover and wouldn't have gotten us in any earlier.