Any update on cruises scheduled to leave from Puerto Rico?

mixplix

They were doing 11 a.m. updates the 1st week of September for Hurricane Irma.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Got it...didn't notice the time stamp today....and only started following two weeks ago. So I guess no special meaning....thought maybe they were going to make some sort of big announcement about upcoming October cruises

Yesterday the 10/7 cruise out of SJ on Adventure was bookable, but the highest-priced cabins of each class were still available.

Today, that same cruise isn't bookable. Either it's completely sold out, or Royal decided to cancel a cruise that was almost full-capacity. Royal hasn't reported a cancellation.

I'm guessing it's a go. Relief workers have worked miracles on an island known for corruption, crime and poverty. If you are travelling to SJU this weekend, it's probably MUCH safer right now than if you had visited at another time.

--2/3rds of grocery & retailers have already re-opened.

--3/4 of gas stations are open.

--All airports are open.

--92% of ports are open.

--94% of hospitals.

--80% of post offices are delivering mail.

For those who rearranged your flights for day-of-cruise, make sure you've contacted Royal for complete instructions on how to transfer from SJU to Royal on their arranged shuttle.

No, unfortunately that is not what their web site says.

" ... we will continue to communicate any port changes approximately four weeks prior to departure ...

... refers to a port being changed from one island to another. Our itinerary leaving 10/21, for example, was scheduled to visit St. Maarten and is now scheduled to stop at St. Kitts. They didn't cancel the 9/30 sailing until a few days before (Does anyone know exactly when they announced the cancellation? I'm not sure.) and they continue to insist that the Oct. sailings (10/7, 10/14, 10/21, and 10/28) are still "a go". That is why some of us are so upset right now, because RC won't announce cancellations in time for pax to make other plans.

Just FYI.

kathy

I stand corrected. Thank you.

Our flight on southwest fri oct 6 is going..free transfers to ship..free night on ship..why is everybody complaining

We too are flying Southwest into SJU on Friday 10/6 for the AOS sailing this Saturday.

We arranged our free transfers courtesy of RCI to the ship for our complimentary "extra night" on the ship.

If all goes well, it will be such a relief and piece of mind to relax on the ship Friday, then wake up on Saturday knowing we can spend the whole day relaxing and trying to enjoy a vacation even before the ship departs at 8:30 p.m.

We too are flying Southwest into SJU on Friday 10/6 for the AOS sailing this Saturday.

We arranged our free transfers courtesy of RCI to the ship for our complimentary "extra night" on the ship.

If all goes well, it will be such a relief and piece of mind to relax on the ship Friday, then wake up on Saturday knowing we can spend the whole day relaxing and trying to enjoy a vacation even before the ship departs at 8:30 p.m.

I hope all goes well, that will make for a very nice start to the vacation with that extra night. I wonder, if you have drink package, does it start when you board on Friday, or not until Saturday?

I hope all goes well, that will make for a very nice start to the vacation with that extra night. I wonder, if you have drink package, does it start when you board on Friday, or not until Saturday?

Now that's a great question! I suspect they will need a drink.

Is the free shuttle available to the pax on the October 21st cruise and if so what do we have to do to secure a seat?

Bill

Have not seen it mentioned yet, I am sure it depends on how the infrastructure improves in the next 2 weeks.

Is the free shuttle available to the pax on the October 21st cruise and if so what do we have to do to secure a seat?

Bill

We are sailing on AOS on October 28, 2017 and I just called RCI to add the complimentary shuttle to/from ship to our reservation. I would think that they are making same offer for passengers on the October 21st sailing.

Great news regarding the airport from the PR Informa Facebook page.

GOOD NEWS: SJU Airport is now open 24hrs. 100+ flights per day will be able to take off and/or land.

That is great news. i read that before the hurricane, the average was 175 a day so they are heading in the right direction.

The ship is expected to sail full on Saturday and will cruise to St. Kitts, St. Johns (Antigua), Martinique, St. Lucia and Barbados.

Seems pretty optimistic.

Sounds like it will be sold out, but hard to know in advance, under these circumstances, whether it will actually 'sail full'. With the airport situation much improved but still recovering, there's a good chance some folks will have their flights cancelled and not be able to rebook in time.

There's also the possibility that there's Puerto Ricans who are booked on the ship, are unable to go because of the devastation in their communities, and unable to cancel due to lack of phone service.