When is Next Epic drydock?

dexddd

Yes, there was a big dry dock in about 2015. There were a lot of changes made.

I’d expect the next one to be in around 2020/21 but wouldn’t expect much to be done to the interior areas. Just tidying up really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every 5 years. The last dry dock was in October 2015. We were on her first cruise after the dry dock. Looking forward to doing that again.

Right, I figured 5 years (older ships have to have more frequent inspections but I don't recall after what age). If it is in 2020, I'm curious to the actual time frame. They don't list any trips after March 2020 so I can't check for gaps and I didn't check if they had any in late 2019.

We too sailed after a drydock - the last one on POA. It got cut from 11 to 10 days and lots of deck work still going on plus the spa was closed for weeks after. Laundry wasn't 100% operational from what we were told.

• 4 weeks later...
Right, I figured 5 years (older ships have to have more frequent inspections but I don't recall after what age). If it is in 2020, I'm curious to the actual time frame. They don't list any trips after March 2020 so I can't check for gaps and I didn't check if they had any in late 2019.

We too sailed after a drydock - the last one on POA. It got cut from 11 to 10 days and lots of deck work still going on plus the spa was closed for weeks after. Laundry wasn't 100% operational from what we were told.

We were on that cruise, we didn’t get on til Maui which was great! 1/2 next cruise was great

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 7/1/2019 at 11:21 PM, wetcoast said:

There's a gap in Epic's schedule between Nov 8-23 2020- it may be happening then. That would be just over 5 years from Epic's first DD. 

Confirming, it now looks like the final scheduled dry dock is Nov 8-19, 2020.  They added a 4 day itinerary from Nov 19-23.

4 minutes ago, glenviewky said:

Confirming, it now looks like the final scheduled dry dock is Nov 8-19, 2020.  They added a 4 day itinerary from Nov 19-23.

I would love for them to send her back to PC, our favorite ship.  Just got off of the Breakaway and though it is a lot the same, it is no where near as nice as the Epic.  Missed the large pool area among other things.  Did not miss the bathrooms LOL.

Her 2015 dry dock was extensive including demo'ing all public areas down to the deck plates and rebuilding. And cutting a hole in the hull so that they could replace engines. This dry dock is scheduled to be done in Marseille, so you figure it is a good day and a half to/from the dry dock. So, she will be in dry dock for about a week. 

3 hours ago, DanielNL said:

I see on the NCL website there are some old and new deck plans available. The only change I can find are the cabin types have new colors.

These only reflect the category changes that all ships are receiving.  The deck plans won't reflect dry dock changes, if any, until after the dry dock is in progress.  The only safe bet for now is a Starbucks will probably be added somewhere.